Your Email Address:

First Name:

Smelly tongue

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Paul B
Total Newbie

Smelly tongue

Post by Paul B »

Anyone here have bb but cannot detect any smell from tongue? I used to have a very strong, pungent bad smell from my tongue until I used a metronidizole rinse about 10 years ago. Since then the pungent smell has not returned but I still have bb. If I scrape my tongue and smell the white gunk it hardly has any smell, just a little sour the same as if I licked my arm.
I'm sure that I still have bb because people have straight out told me "you smell like shit"

meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

yes, me too, even with my tonsil stones the lick test never worked and my saliva also did not stink. I had an obvious bad taste though.
I remeber the days halitosisux would get frustrated with me when I said my tongue didnt stink. lol
hope10

Post by hope10 »

I am sorry guys..but if your tongue doesn't stink...then you don't have bb. If you scrap your tongue and your saliva smells good, then your breath is fine. When I do the lick test in my wrist I cannot smell anything, but if I scrap my tongue and smell that saliva for sure it always stinks. Maybe your bad smells comes from another part. Have you asked someone to check your breath?
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Meow its normal to have some bad taste in your mouth. The fear of having BB has made you super-aware of anything and everything that might connect with having BB, including the obsession with what your tongue looks like and what it tastes like. Normally that would be something in the subconscious of your mind.

Chewing gum and mints etc are not just for people with bad breath. Even people without BB feel stagnation in their mouth and reach for the mints throughout the day to deal with that.
ihatethebus
Master

Post by ihatethebus »

@ hope 10. personally i never had a stinky tongue. and the wrist lick test didnt work for me. but 1: i could smell it almost all the time. 2: My friends didnt make me hear the end of it everytime i chose to travel with them (esp in a car wit my mouth fully shut). 3. i got reactions everywhere i went.

do you mean to say, i didnt hve bb at all because my tongue wasnt smelly.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

@bus do you ever wonder whether you have something relating to TMAU?
You seem highly clued up and I presume you've ruled out your nose itself as the cause.
ihatethebus
Master

Post by ihatethebus »

@ hal. my nose was the first thing i started dealing with afterextracting my tooth. kept hoving different thing up there. te tree oil nd stuff . went to an ent ..my turbinates were not swollen and no visible inflammation or septal deviation was present. my mucus was always clear and odorless. could hve missed something out somewhere...you prolly right
TIRED
Advanced

Post by TIRED »

Just bought a tongue gel with zinc called Tung. Got it at Rite Aid in the states. Was only 2.99 so I thought what the heck.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

TIRED wrote:Just bought a tongue gel with zinc called Tung. Got it at Rite Aid in the states. Was only 2.99 so I thought what the heck.
Do you have the TUNG brush?? The TUNG brush is more effective than the gel. I like TUNG gel, but it doesn't really do anything. I think Zinc isn't all it's cracked up to be.

meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

I cant live ithoutthe tung brush and also glad rite aid has picked this up seeming there is a store in walking distance. The gel is not a cure but I do use it when i HAPPEN TO SEE IT IN A STORE.
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

I wouldnt know how to go about it but someone needs to invent a tung brush that spins. I bet it would be highly effective at removing that gunkk us sufferers seem to have building up in back of tongue. I have those big bumps and tongue hairs seem to be longer back there. Spinning electrical toothbrushs are too small and soft. WE need something just like tongu brush but spins
Phantasist
Sheriff

Post by Phantasist »

Meowkitty1,
Didn't you tell us about a spicy buffalo wings sauce that cleared the white coating off your tongue? How long did that last before it came back?
And what is the brand name of the sauce?
Also, a rotating tongue brush would only be a temporary solution because the coating would always come back as long as you don't eliminate the underlying cause.
The hand we are dealt is fate. How we play the cards is free will.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

Phantasist wrote:Meowkitty1,
Didn't you tell us about a spicy buffalo wings sauce that cleared the white coating off your tongue? How long did that last before it came back?
And what is the brand name of the sauce?
Also, a rotating tongue brush would only be a temporary solution because the coating would always come back as long as you don't eliminate the underlying cause.
Well in that regard, a regular toothbrush is also a temporary solution.

I don't give a hoot for teas and herbs and oils, but if you can give me a toothbrush that works better than the one I'm using, then I'll take it!

I recommend the TUNG brush to everyone, even non-BB people. It just does such a great job of keeping gunk off your tongue.. Before I used TUNG brush several years ago, my tongue was always white-yellow-ish-brown-ish-sometimes green-ish. It was probably just white but acquired the color of whatever food I had been eating.
stressedout
Master

Post by stressedout »

Another input - my tongue is pink most of the time (a bit whiter upon awakening), and tongue goes significally whiter under stress.
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

t did clear a really big patch off th middle. I couldnt leave it on long near front Im assuming because my taste buds are still intact and it burned too much. It worked though I had a great time 2 nights ago. The next moring I had a thin layer of whit a agin but it wasnt permanat. The same area that had the white burnt off is still clear, I think we need something lke this . Those of us suffering whit etongu and long tongue hairs.
The sauceis a sauce made from buffalo wild wings, tehy specialize in spicy wing sauce. The one I had is called spicy garlic an dits on the medium side of the hot spectrum. It worked for me it was great I had a good time and even brought a guy home. lol the funny thing is when he got close to me he had bb not cronic, it didnt bothr me though. He didnt react to mines and only said that he could smell henessy on my breath but I only drank absolute. lol Good night though. I shouldnt be having one night standsa but this is a lonely life. He enver did try to kiss me though but some poele just arent kissers. He threw that fact out there. Hes a sigitarius like my ex and he wasnt a kisssser either so maybe he told the truth.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic