Your Email Address:

First Name:

Even when I had bb, I could not tolerate others with bb

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
bbreathking
Junior

Even when I had bb, I could not tolerate others with bb

Post by bbreathking »

Funny. Even when I did have bb condition. I could not tolerate dealing with someone talking to me who had bad breath. I would usually put a finger on my nose and just give him/her a look like Woah dude you don't have any idea do you that you are killing me over here lolllllollll.

That sort of made me realize that people should not be expected to tolerate it. Unless offcourse, a huge awarness of the problem was promoted.

thomasthomas
Junior

Post by thomasthomas »

Don't you think that awareness should promote research for cures? Even if it is recognized as a disease, it is an unpleasant feeling to smell and have bb.
brightonguy
Advanced

Post by brightonguy »

I'd never be so superficial to judge or react to someone because of how they smelt or because of any physical or mental disability they had. I hate the BB problem because of how other people react to it but I draw strength from the knowledge that if I didn't have BB but was confronted with someone who did then I wouldn't be a c**t about it
hopelessone
God
United States of America

Re: Even when I had bb, I could not tolerate others with bb

Post by hopelessone »

bbreathking wrote:Funny. Even when I did have bb condition. I could not tolerate dealing with someone talking to me who had bad breath. I would usually put a finger on my nose and just give him/her a look like Woah dude you don't have any idea do you that you are killing me over here lolllllollll.

That sort of made me realize that people should not be expected to tolerate it. Unless offcourse, a huge awarness of the problem was promoted.
say what??!!!

how utterly insulting is that?

one with bb not able to tolerate another with bb? Perhaps your bb was not bad.....i'm just thankful to talk to ANYBODY who doesn't react to me....i don't care if they're one o' the homeless peeps on da street that smell like layers of dried urine with another fresh layer of it....

You're a daggone snob, bbreathking. Shame on you! Image
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

BBking's schemes are dastardly, so don't let him off the hook,
but I agree with what he says here a bit.

I hate the smell of BB. It smells terrible. I don't want someone's BB in my face. Of course, being aware of the condition as I am, I put up with it. I do much best not to do any fingers over the nose or anything.. I usually just try to hold my breath or breathe out while the person is talking....

But it's not pleasant. BB sucks. What BBking said is kind of rude though, isn't it. If someone with BB is talking to you, do you want to offend them by giving them "a look like 'woah dude you're killing me over here'." What an asshole.

People should try to tolerate it, but I also don't expect them just just stand there and endure it. They are naturally designed to stay away from bad smells. If they do their best to hide any reactions, they're decent people.. But I can't legitimately get upset with that person if they have a reaction or if I caught a small comment.
hopelessone
God
United States of America

Post by hopelessone »

oh pleeeease.....i worked with clients with really bad bb and body odor before i ever had any problems, and out of decency, and understanding it was out of their control, i never re-acted at all...i i wouldn't dare. Ridicule and thinkin' i'm better than somebody else is abominable to me.

Right now, i'd be relieved to talk to ANYBODY who had a real bad case of bb. We'd be buds, BIG TIME.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

Ridicule and think I'm better than them, I would never do.

But it's unpleasant... very unpleasant. I don't react, but I want to be honest here and admit that it's difficult to focus on anything but someone's bad breath if it's blasting you in the face, whether than can help it or not.

I sympathize with them because it's my problem too! But comon, it's not at all pleasant.
thomasthomas
Junior

Post by thomasthomas »

Agree with mike, having bb, I would certainly be understanding, but we are biological machines in a big proportion. It's a natural reaction to be offended, it's an impolite and rude reaction to be mean and insulting. Is it offending to be shocked by 5l of blood going out a person nose? I would answer too, it's an evolutionary mechanism to have at least an emotional and PHYSIOLOGICAL reaction. I don't think it's a lack or empathy or emotional intelligence.
brightonguy
Advanced

Post by brightonguy »

.... we're humans though guys, not animals. Parents in the animal kingdom kill or eat their disabled and weak offspring. As humans we've evolved beyond that thankfully. So, BB needs to be thought of as a kind of disability. If someone's really rude about your BB it's a sign that they haven't evolved very far away from our animal ancestors. The fact that rudeness is so commonly endured by people with BB is because the masses need educating. Having BB is a great way of finding more highly evolved human specimens, those that rise above their base biological instincts out of an innate respect for fellow humans.
bbreathking
Junior

Post by bbreathking »

Well, I bb humor always made me laugh alot when I had it too.

But I never gave the person with bb a bad look or anything. In my mind I would just go like Woah. But at the same time bb is not that bad of a thing because everyone has had it once in their lives.

Like when I had bb and I met someone for the first time, I would not care that much because I knew that the person is probably going to go like okay so this person forgot to brush his teeth today.

It was more a of a problem with people I met repeatedly because then they would realize that I have a permenant problem.
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

Do some people except you have bad odor ?

According to some researchers, this is key question for diferantial diagnosis of Type 5 cases. Type 5 cases answers this: No, others yes.

Im doubtful about this always truth.

- Murat Aydin
brightonguy
Advanced

Post by brightonguy »

Personally I can smell bad odour on other people, yes
hopelessone
God
United States of America

Post by hopelessone »

having bb is humbling like nuthin' else......i don't judge others for havin' ANY kinds of smells...i'm too heart broken over my own...

i came to this site seeking support from those experiencing the same horror i'm going through...if i met amy of you and any of you had the nerve to "judge" or be offended by my bb, i'd just write you off as yet one mo' ig'nant son of a gun.

it's insulting...those supposedly having a horrible bb malady loking down on or being offended by or judging others with the same problem....

how hypocritical Image
thomasthomas
Junior

Post by thomasthomas »

hopelessone: I think you see (un)morality where there isn't. Disliking bb doesn't mean disliking people suffering from bb. And it's a fundamental distinction. i don't want to generalize to give credit to my opinion, but I suppose that in most case, humans are hardwire to NOTICE bad odors. Your experience seems to influence you rationality. From what I read, nobody said they would mock a person like them! In a rational point of view, I can perfectly understand that people get offended by the odour, I would understand much less that they judge it morally based on clichés like (bad oral hygiene).
hopelessone
God
United States of America

Post by hopelessone »

how kind of you to defend the ones not suffering from this horror that attaches to us like an invisible villain and destroys our lives.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic