Your Email Address:

First Name:

How did you tell your family/friends etc. about your BB?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
terminalBB

Post by terminalBB »

dark wrote:About 2 years ago, my mother told me all the time why I don't go to parties, why I spend all day at the computer, if I'm going to stay all day here, then I should clean the house, etc.
Well, one day I couldn't take it any more and I told my mother all the pain that I had to pass every day and that was the reason I didn't go out. Since that day, my mom had a sad face.
I regret having said that.
thomasthomas wrote:dark: I wonder something; with that sort of logic, would you tell your family you have a cancer if you had one?
No, if I had cancer, I wouldn't tell my mother, I would combat that alone.

When i told my mum, she was just really angry at me, saying things like you shouldn't care about what other people think of you, if they don't wanna be your friend thats their loss not yours! I don't go out as much as i used to but still go to the occasion movie and staying at a friends house for the night and things like that.

angst-ridden
Advanced

Post by angst-ridden »

Well i was like you at first, i was afraid to tell anyone about it due to embarassment, but 2 years since i had BB my dad, the sarcastic person that he is, tried to tell it to me but in a sarcastic, insinuating way, and then i said, 'yeah, i know all along that i have BB, i was just not opening the subject to you.' then he said nothing. As for my friend, i just told her that i have it. The topic was about us job hunting, she wants us to go together, but i dont want to coz of BB, so i finally told her. That's how i got to tell them. I dont share the horror stories to my friend though. I dont wanna cry while telling it to her. But my family knows how this has affected my life. I just hate it that they lie when i ask them if i have BB or not. Its obvious that i have. They sometimes acknowledge that i have BB and sometimes they dont.
hopelessone
God
United States of America

Post by hopelessone »

that's why we need a support group. i can't believe one doesn't exist, ANYWHERE. That's insane. It's soooooo needed.

My family is in la la land. They could care less and don't even TRY to understand. When i'm at my neediest or vulnerable, that's when thy desert me.
lisa1983

Post by lisa1983 »

Tired it is the same for me with my husband he swears blind that he can not smell it, only ever so slightly when I blow through my nose at him. My mum also has never smelt it even though we were haveing an episode in the car one, she only got a hint of it when I blew through my nose at her. I am starting to think I am going mad. I don't know what to believe anymore!
hopelessone
God
United States of America

Post by hopelessone »

Some in my family talk about the stench...others claim they can't smell anything...the ones who claim to be Christians don't even pray for and with me. Oh, and one in particular acts ig'nant. He's a nasty, mean-spirited person, and is adept at cutting others down, always. i finally confronted him, in particular. I did this because he plays games, psychological games and messes with people's minds. i confronted him to clear the air, so to speak, between him and me.
TIRED
Advanced

Post by TIRED »

once my I was at lunch with my in-laws and a bunch of their friends and I was sitting next to my father-in-law and he said, 'What are you eating???", really loudly. I told him and he said, "Well I hope it taste better than it smells on your breath." I about died! I got up with my baby and went to the restroom and didn't come back until we left. My husband told him that I had an issue with my breath and that he should never mention anything about it again. He apologized and I was just devastated. We were staying with them for a few days and I just wanted to go straight home. People can be so awful.
Haligone
Advanced

Post by Haligone »

TIRED wrote:once my I was at lunch with my in-laws and a bunch of their friends and I was sitting next to my father-in-law and he said, 'What are you eating???", really loudly. I told him and he said, "Well I hope it taste better than it smells on your breath." I about died! I got up with my baby and went to the restroom and didn't come back until we left. My husband told him that I had an issue with my breath and that he should never mention anything about it again. He apologized and I was just devastated. We were staying with them for a few days and I just wanted to go straight home. People can be so awful.
That is a really, really awful story. If it were me, I would probably never visit them again.
BBsucks

Post by BBsucks »

TIRED wrote:once my I was at lunch with my in-laws and a bunch of their friends and I was sitting next to my father-in-law and he said, 'What are you eating???", really loudly. I told him and he said, "Well I hope it taste better than it smells on your breath." I about died! I got up with my baby and went to the restroom and didn't come back until we left. My husband told him that I had an issue with my breath and that he should never mention anything about it again. He apologized and I was just devastated. We were staying with them for a few days and I just wanted to go straight home. People can be so awful.
Why must people be so cruel :( If only they knew how much comments like that hurt people with BB. I wish I had a good come back to people who make comments on my breath....but I don't.
hopelessone
God
United States of America

Post by hopelessone »

oh, i'm soooo sorry. And in front of so many people. How devastating. ((((hug))))
hopelessone
God
United States of America

Post by hopelessone »

once at work, i overheard a co-worker say to another co-worker, to tell her her breath smells like sh**. She was really loud. All i could do was keep working.

It's almost like we're a moving target with this condition.
thomasthomas
Junior

Post by thomasthomas »

I think this thread is transforming into something that could go here...
viewforum.php?f=11
We go out of the initial subject, which is, I remind you:
"How did you tell your family/friends etc. about your BB?"
TIRED
Advanced

Post by TIRED »

thomas - who died and made you forum police?

We are just trying to communicate and help one another not feel so alone in this.
hopelessone
God
United States of America

Post by hopelessone »

that's why i logged in tonight....it was a horrible day....me trying to keep this bb under control or at least cover it up at work....and then when i'm walking home i spit that gum out (i'n soooo tired of having to chew gum and stick all kinds of "breath controllers" in my mouth) and there it is, the stench. It was so depressing. When i got home i just cried and cried.

i sooooo need the support, and to communicate with sufferers of bb. Nobody else understands. It's soooo surreal to suffer from this condition.
TIRED
Advanced

Post by TIRED »

hopeless ~ I feel for you! My breath use to be a lot worse to where like you, I had a bad day everyday. Now it is still bad, but at least people aren't running for the hills anymore. I am a stay-at-home mom now, so I don't have to face the ridicule as often. A few yeas ago I joined a mommy group and we would have playdates and every time I talked the moms would check their babies' diapers and say things like, okay whose baby pooped? and, it smells like poop in here. I sometimes would pretend that my child pooped in hopes they wouldn't realize it was me.

I swear now that I have given up the major TMAU foods with choline (eggs, fish, beans, peanut butter) things have gotten much better. I think I have secondary TMAU that is worse around my period. I feel like my bad breath is systemic and comes from my lungs. When I yawn or l laugh it is worse. Have you tried a low choline diet at all? If you haven't already, go to you tube and type in TMAU. You will hear some stories of how people have discovered they had TMAU and how they mange it.

Choline is in almost everything, so I still have BB, but I really think it is not as bad as it used to be.
TIRED
Advanced

Post by TIRED »

ps - I am in a mommy group now and no one checks the babies diapers when I talk, but I do get funny faces sometimes, but this may be me being too obsessed and conditioned.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic