Your Email Address:

First Name:

Are all types of halitosis genetic

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
OneDay111
Sheriff

Are all types of halitosis genetic

Post by OneDay111 »

Im just wondering are all types of halitosis genetic?

One Day One Day....
JoseJavier
Total Newbie

Post by JoseJavier »

Ofc not...majority of BB comes from mouth (around 90%), that means teeth, gums and the most common source is tongue.

Other sources are:
- upper respiratory tract
- stomach
- lungs
and certain diseases as diabetes, cancer and various metabolic diseases.

The prevalent cause of BB is definitely tongue due to - permanent overgrowth of "good" anaerobic bacteria which helps metabolize proteins or - other bacterial imbalances.

There are other factors too, which can be inherited, as geographic tongue, atypical mouth etc.
thomasthomas
Junior

Post by thomasthomas »

OneDay: You presuppose that halitosis is genetic! How do you make that speculation, because your mother/father has it?

It may an excellent thing to have a study on that.
Research, research...
Phantasist
Sheriff

Post by Phantasist »

All types of bad breath cannot be genetic, but maybe certain types are. A number of forum members have stated that their parents or siblings also had bad breath. If for instance the bad breath is due to an immune deficiency in the antibacterial components in the saliva, it might be a reasonable assumption that it is inherited and therefore genetic. Some people will disagree with that, but I think it should be an area of investigation. Probably not enough research has been done on this.
The hand we are dealt is fate. How we play the cards is free will.
OneDay111
Sheriff

Post by OneDay111 »

Saliva lacking certain components. The problem is in my mouth, my saliva is usually feels weird. I get alot of cavities even when I brush.
One Day One Day....
Phantasist
Sheriff

Post by Phantasist »

OneDay111,
I don't know what you mean by your saliva "feels weird"?
As far as bad breath being genetic, the first question I would ask, is did one of your parents or grandparents also have BB. If they did not, then it's doubtful that your bad breath is inherited and therefore genetic. Genes are usually inherited, so that should at least give you a clue.
As far as the many cavities are concerned, that is mostly a function of sugar in the mouth which combines with the enzymes in the saliva to form an acid which attacks the tooth enamel. This happens within a matter of minutes. Therefore, whenever you eat or drink anything sweet, you must brush your teeth immediately afterwards or at least rinse your mouth with plain water to neutralize the acid. Make sure that you brush all the tooth surfaces and up and down in between the teeth to dislodge the food particles from between the spaces.
The hand we are dealt is fate. How we play the cards is free will.
JoseJavier
Total Newbie

Post by JoseJavier »

Therefore, whenever you eat or drink anything sweet, you must brush your teeth immediately afterwards or at least rinse your mouth with plain water to neutralize the acid.
Please never do this.

It has been proven that tooth enamel is weakened after eating foods which contain acids or sugars and thus prone to be damaged by brushing. Rinse with water/mouthwash/baking soda solution and wait at least 15 minutes, then brush
firebreath
Junior

Post by firebreath »

@ oneday111 , i don't wish to go off topic , but I was reading a really old topic you started , that , in which you said that you told your mum that you prayed when u did not.
Have you started praying now & are you any more religious now?
OneDay111
Sheriff

Post by OneDay111 »

firebreath wrote:@ oneday111 , i don't wish to go off topic , but I was reading a really old topic you started , that , in which you said that you told your mum that you prayed when u did not.
Have you started praying now & are you any more religious now?
Hahaha, that was a loong time ago. I'm really young so back then I was maybe 14 or 15, I dont know :P. Now I'm 17, I've matured and I dont need my mums guidance so much. I like to think that I've matured over the years.

Yes, now I'm a religous person. When I was at that age, maybe I wasnt really able to understand religon, or I was just being a typical kid and not wanting to do whats difficult, if that makes sense :P.

I pray often, I wont say I'm extremely religous. I think religon is important, I believe the status of religon has decreased over the years. Less people are becoming religous. I dont know if this is a bad thing, who am I to judge. However in my opinion it is. The reason why religon is losing it's 'Value'. This is because it used to be a neccessity, it answered soo many questions which science could not answer, If you think about 500 years ago. Science was non-existant compared to now. So people needed religon to survive.

So nowadays less people are religous because it is no longer a neccessity. However people have forgotton the part of praying to god and being grateful for what you have.

I am muslim, however I enjoy reading about other religons particurlary buddhaism. Using the Quran as an example it gives scientific points which were only discovers about 100 years ago, yet the book is 1500 years old. All the other holy books are the same, however over the years they have been translated soo many times, such as the Torah and Bible. So it has almost become secondary data. The bible for example was written in hebrew, imagine translating that 50 times, it's going to loose alot of it's meaning. However nevertheless it is a holy book.

Gaawd I've just rambled on crap I tend to do that, I truly cannot be bothered to delete what stuff I've written. Im just going to post it. Hope the english is correct :P

P.S you were worried about going off-topic. I think I've taken it too a whole new quantam level.
One Day One Day....
firebreath
Junior

Post by firebreath »

Thankyou oneday111 for that detailed answer.
I am a muslim too , and i find the whole thing really close to my heart , yes , i am devout , - i pray x5 every day etc. but what i want to know is how do other muslims behave toward you , in a mosque for example when we must stand very close to each other in prayer...?

Are they kind and understanding or simply arrogant and do gestures so that you get the message?
OneDay111
Sheriff

Post by OneDay111 »

Very understanding, you may have noticed looking at my previous posts that I have been cured.
One Day One Day....
firebreath
Junior

Post by firebreath »

OneDay111 wrote:Very understanding, you may have noticed looking at my previous posts that I have been cured.
no , i admit i did not notice,good that you are cured though.
Can u give me a link to that post in which you say you are cured and how ? thanks...
OneDay111
Sheriff

Post by OneDay111 »

I'd rather I tell you here. I did a tonsillectomy, It worked. I no longer get reactions. However I was constantly thinking about bb, still suffering from halitiphobia. It isnt as simple as, when your cured everything is back to a normal life. It's different, you still fear it and even when there are no reactions you just are not sure. I have some dental problems which results in bad breath every now and then, however my rather bad dentist has sorted it out.

It's only after a year post-op that I can say that my mind is really care and I dont fear it that much anymore. I think I can say I'm in the best phase of my life in relation to bad breath right now. 1 year after tonsillectomy and sorting out dental problems.

The only thing I've continued after being cured is, oil pulling and Tung brush.
One Day One Day....
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic