Your Email Address:

First Name:

Reactions

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
whatevz

Reactions

Post by whatevz »

Does everyone react to your BB, and do they all the time?
I have had reactions, and then there are people that still speak to me very closely and don't have any reactions at all. The others that react often rub their noses, but I have never had anyone move seats. I'm trying to grasp the degree of my BB and am wondering how bad yours is (room clearing etc) and the reactions relative to it. Thanks!

exume
Advanced
bb

Post by exume »

some ppl just arent rude and dont do anything
Haligone
Advanced

Post by Haligone »

Some people may have a poor sense of smell, others may actively try not to react, or maybe your BB is not that intense in which case you shoul stop worrying about it and enjoy your life.
brightonguy
Advanced

Post by brightonguy »

The vast mjaority of people do not have a problem with their sense of smell. The vast majority of people react to BB and the reactions seem remarkably common across different people - it's ingrained in their genes. When I have bad days, literally everyone I talk to (regardless of culture, race or religion - whoever they are) fidgets with their noses, holds their noses, covers their noses, grabs their nose so quickly that their glasses fly off their face (yep, had that - what a b***h) - you get it. If people get too close not realising I have BB and then I talk then sometimes they will jump back a good few feet to get away from the smell. Sometimes they will jump back a good few feet even though they were four or so feet away in the first place!

The 'nose thing' isn't to get away from the smell, it's a sign to us to clean our teeth - aargghh.

If you have BB, people react, If you don't have BB, people don't. Now, there may be a few exceptions to this but they (in my experience) are remarkably few. So, I would say if people don't react to you it means you don't have a BB problem at that time. That doesn't mean that sometimes you're breath isn't really bad, it just means that at some times it's okay. People don't react to me all the time, just most the time and that's because I don't have BB all the time, Like I say, there will be the odd polite exception to this (and crikey I wish there were more) but in my experience they are remarkably few - if you smell bad, people react.
OneDay111
Sheriff

Post by OneDay111 »

Every single human reacts. It's impossible not to, even if you yourself have breath. The problem is most people hide it, others like to make it obvious, others will just react but not in bad intention others will cover up whatever twitches.
One Day One Day....
chubbygirl
Junior

Post by chubbygirl »

when the person i'm talking to covers his own mouth when we talk, is that a sign i have bb?

could that not mean that he's concerned/paranoid about his own breath (that's why he's covering his mouth when we talk)?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic