Your Email Address:

First Name:

CURED AFTER 15 YEARS

Tell us your story with bad breath
Pennycillan
Total Newbie

CURED AFTER 15 YEARS

Post by Pennycillan »

I am elated to report that I believe I have finally cured myself of chronic bad breath or ( poop/potty mouth ) as my jerk off brother use to call it. i have to give credit to these boards for encouraging me not to give up and seek out a cure despite most of these american dr's being totally useless.
HISTORY-
I have always had bad breath since I was in at least 6th grade (maybe earlier, maybe from birth). I am now 29... I never had a cavity, always brush well, work out, etc..
My problem is that after high school college, I noticed a transformation from bad to horrible breath. It was so bad that I didn't even have to open my mouth or if I did open my mouth it was an INSTANT that everyones nose would start to tickle. Some people claimed they could even SEE it come out of my mouth.
Based on repeated recommendations from family ; Over the last year I decided to get serious and get rid of this embarrassing problem.
I tried all sorts of diets, fasting, 1 dentist, 1 dental surgeon, 1 periodontist. a pulmonologist , allergist , and several different dr's and over 2 dozen blood test, urine test, upper GI endoscopy, deep gum cleaning, wisdom tooth removal , etc and everything came back saying i was as healthy as can be.
i then moved onto several rounds of oral antibiotics which included azrithromycin, amoxicillan and even the powerful LEVAQUIN... NOTHING..
It got worse each time.
Conclusion
It was only after reading other members post... ... that I decided to focus on DIFLUCAN aka FLUCANAZOLE and Metronidazole. I had alot of his symptoms and I figured I had access to a Doc who would write me the prescription so I might as well try it.

IMMEDIATE improvement.. From the first night I felt my mouth was cleaner, I didnt have that horrible taste in my mouth before or after I brushed my teeth. my breath was alot 'cooler' and even my skin felt better. the 2nd night my wife who had no idea i what I was taking slept face to face the whole night without turning around once which let me know something was different. After about a week, the word must have got out because all the people I work with started coming and sitting right in front of me striking up all sorts of conversations out of NOWHERE. It was a pretty drastic turn around from people avoiding me altogether. Its a little sad I wish i knew about it sooner but I am happy and figured if it worked for me it could work for you.
I am not a DR but I believe the metronidazole did more good than the flucanazole. In some people the fluca may help because of other issues but the metronoidazole aka flagyl is what kills anaerobic bacteria.
DOSAGE
Metronidazole 250mg 3x a day for 5 days
Flucanazole 200mg first day followed by 150mg for 15 days.
I took both together in addition to the usual probiotics and one a day vitamins.
Also,this is the KEY... If you are a drinker or smoker .STOP. both functions suppress your immune system and prevent it from killing off bacteria. You must stop SMOKING and Drinking or just live with the bad breath.
That is all for now. I am off to go talk to some people!
Last edited by Pennycillan on Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

iva
Master

Post by iva »

and it`s been ...how long since u`ve stopped the treatment?
Pennycillan
Total Newbie

Post by Pennycillan »

its been about a month and a half since the end of the pills but the improvement was almost immediate from the first day. The HARSHNESS is gone. I am not saying I have the best breath in the world but at least its not TOXIC. I can chew gum and my breath smells minty or fruit like the gum.... Not strawberry shit as it was once described.
Last edited by Pennycillan on Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pennycillan
Total Newbie

Post by Pennycillan »

Also, I use to have alot of digestion and stomach issues ie :bloating, gas, constipation and it was constant. my gastro dr described it as slow transient constipation and wanted to do a colonscopy after the endoscopy came back negative. I figured he was just milking up my insurance so I declined and never went back. Needless to say i am 100% regular now with no issues. I wake up with more energy and am just overall happier. The tightness in my chest is also gone when I am laying down. My skin also looks healthier. I can go on and on! I have no idea what I had since every test they ever ran came back negative but after the first day of taking those two pills I am a new person.
P.S. STOP SMOKING and/or STOP DRINKING ALCOHOL until your body fights off whatever it is.
danger
Master

Post by danger »

could you notice your bad breath? like, did you always have a bad taste in your mouth? did your tongue smell? etc
Pennycillan
Total Newbie

Post by Pennycillan »

I noticed it sometimes, but I dont think it smelled how other people smelled it. To me it was just a bad taste and a foody smell I guess. I rarely smelled shit or farts or old stale garbage coming from my mouth. As I went through life I could tell what it would probably smell like based on the taste...
I HATED to chew gum, people would offer me gum all the time but to me it made it so much worse. After about 3 to 4 minutes it would distort the taste of the gum and leave me with a very bad taste and from what I gather, an unusual smell (remember strawberry shit! as this stupid deli clerk mumbled to his friend in some indian language) WHATEVER. I was only chewing gum because I wasn't trying to offend the dooshbag in the first place. Anyway, the taste in my mouth is back. After I brush my teeth or chew gums or even put in tic tacs, i can TASTE exactly that. It isnt some mixture concoction of crap.
One more thing, the only test that ever came back positive was low blood oxygen level from my Pulmonologist. My oxygen level would drop to 89-91% during test which could have something to do with my asthma.
firebreath
Junior

Post by firebreath »

great to see that u are cured , congratulations !! \:D/
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

I have enough of this shit!!!!

Another guy with only 5 posts claiming he is cured???

Omg, why tehre is nobody regular with 100 posts cured?? Because it is almost 100 % spam. Trust me people.

Can you send us some copies from your doctor subscriptions, any kind of proof?
Pennycillan
Total Newbie

Are you crazy? or just hating??

Post by Pennycillan »

HMM,
I had to edit this post a couple of times before I decided to post but i will post anyway. 5 post is ALOT for me on this board. I DIDN'T GIVE A ***k about helping anyone but myself but the turn around has just been too drastic for me to not try and at least help someone else who went through the torture I have been through for a good part of my life. I read almost every post in this entire board so I never felt the need to keep posting duplicate bullshit and look for help by a bunch of fake practitioners. The only thing i needed were suggestions what has worked for other people to focus on with my own team of clueless dr's. It cost me $19 total for both prescriptions of flucanazole and metronidazole. I didnt need to order crap from "thailand or some internet pharmacy." Unfortunately, I know why you are mad, you HAVE bad breath and it causes you to lead an unhappy life. Dont get mad at me because I was a "looker" and finally decide to post my story after a couple of months being bad breath free. WTF is wrong you? Oh yeah I forgot... Relax Scumbag, I don't need this board anymore but if you really want pictures I still have the RITE AID bags and prescription bottles that I can take pics of if that makes you feel better. Has anyone else tried Metronidazole and didn't have success? I am not talking about you weed , hookah, or cigarette smokers. or you alcoholics filling your stomach with beer. I am talking about the average joe with good eating habits, good exercise habits, and no dental problems.. ME..
So before you get tired of this shit you pathetic freaking moderator , take a step back and ask yourself why you really wake up mad. I know i have been there...
I am not trying to sell anything, have you seen me promote anything other than antibiotics that I received from my local pharmacy? How the hell do you make money off of anti biotics?? You are scaring away other people who may have found a cure and do not spend their days here "posting away". Does that sound like spam dooshbag?
malory
Master
Re: CURED AFTER 15 YEARS

Post by malory »

[quote="Pennycillan"]I am elated to report that I believe I have finally cured myself of chronic bad breath
It was only after reading other members post... ... that I decided to focus on DIFLUCAN aka FLUCANAZOLE and Metronidazole.

Congratulations on finding your solution and enjoy your new life. Here in the UK we are lucky enough to be prescribed medication on the NHS so some of the financial issues mentioned on this site don't apply to us. The main thing is you found this combination to work for you. Best of luck with the future. The more people who feel free to discuss their experiences with bb, the more likely it is they will find a cure and, ultimately, that the condition will be taken more seriously by the powers that be. We need a prominent celebrity to get bb and get the condition publicised.
cool
Junior

Post by cool »

Pennycillan, did you had anything like smelling gums, teeth, floss, tonsils, tongue etc?
Pennycillan
Total Newbie

Post by Pennycillan »

Again, It was very difficult to "smell" what people what smelling was so harsh. I knew the smell was coming from my mouth but not sure of the origin. I NEVER had a cavity and the dentist used to tell me i had great teeth (while they had the mask on...) I had a very white tongue that I scraped GUNK off of about 5 times a day. I would brush my teeth only to have a bad taste develop within 10 to 15 minutes of me brushing, flossing, and gargling with the 20+ different types of mouthwash i have tried over the years. I would never forget when I thought CLOSYS "cured" me because it kept my mouth feeling clean. People quickly assured me that the smell was different but not in a good way, more of a chemical way. Thats when I gave up on mouth washes.
My constipation/IBS is what caused me to continue searching for "stomach cures."

I started researching C DIFF. and thats when I first heard of metronidazole and vancocin. When I read this board and someone mentioned flagyl , I figured I might as well try that.I HAD NOTHING to lose. I was almost FIRED from my job.. anyway. Please read up on C DIFF.

This is an excerpt from wiki on Clostridium difficile

C. difficile is a commensal bacterium of the human intestine in 2-5% of the population.[2] Long-term hospitalization or residence in a nursing home within the previous year are independent risk factors for increased colonization.[15] In small numbers, C. difficile does not result in significant disease. Antibiotics, especially those with a broad spectrum of activity, cause disruption of normal intestinal flora, leading to an overgrowth of C. difficile, which flourishes under these conditions. This can lead to pseudomembranous colitis (PMC), the generalized inflammation of the colon and the development of pseudomembrane, a viscous collection of inflammatory cells, fibrin, and necrotic cells.[2] Pathogenic C. difficile strains produce several known toxins. The most well-characterized are enterotoxin (toxin A) and cytotoxin (toxin B), both of which are responsible for the diarrhea and inflammation seen in infected patients, although their relative contributions have been debated.[2] Toxins A and B are glucosyltransferases that target and inactivate the Rho family of GTPases. Toxin A induces actin depolymerization by a mechanism correlated with a decrease in the ADP-ribosylation of the low molecular mass GTP-binding Rho proteins.[16] Another toxin, binary toxin, has also been described, but its role in disease is not yet fully understood.[17]
Antibiotic treatment of C. difficile infections can be difficult, due both to antibiotic resistance as well as physiological factors of the bacteria itself (spore formation, protective effects of the pseudomembrane).[2] C. difficile is transmitted from person to person by the fecal-oral route. Because the organism forms heat-resistant spores, it can remain in the hospital or nursing home environment for long periods of time. It can be cultured from almost any surface in the hospital. Once spores are ingested, they pass through the stomach unscathed because of their acid-resistance. They germinate into vegetative cells in the colon upon exposure to bile acids and multiply. Pseudomembranous colitis caused by C. difficile is treated with specific antibiotics, for example, vancomycin (Vancocin) or metronidazole (Flagyl).
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

Metronidazole 250mg 3x a day for 5 days
Flucanazole 200mg first day followed by 150mg for 15 days.

did doctor prescribe this to you?

so you take 5 day starting both meds and then stopped 1st one after 5 days and still taking fluco for 10 days?

Is this standard?
Pennycillan
Total Newbie

Post by Pennycillan »

I asked my dr to specifically write this for me. I told him the dosage and everything. He never prescribed it to anyone but he knows my problem and its not a big deal for him. I took all the flucanazole but I dont think it had the same effect that Flagyl did but either way that nasty taste was gone the first day. I believe FLAGYL is an extremely unique type of antibiotics since the LevaQuin did not help at all and that was suppose to the best.
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

Pennycillan wrote:
One more thing, the only test that ever came back positive was low blood oxygen level from my Pulmonologist. My oxygen level would drop to 89-91% during test which could have something to do with my asthma.

During what kind of test did it drop to 89-91%..? I'm really interested to know.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic