Your Email Address:

First Name:

Guaifenesin and NAC

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Bluerain

Guaifenesin and NAC

Post by Bluerain »

Hi,
I have bb associated with post nasal drip, often thick clear secretion from my nose or somewhere in my throat. If the stuff sticks around I get really bad breath that smells like crap.

I have been using two drugs lately, guaifenesin and N-acetycysteine (NAC). Guaifenesin is used to treat chest congestion and loosens mucus. NAC is suppose to breakdown mucus by cleaving bonds that hold mucus together. When I take them both my mucus is noticeably thinner and feels like i'm producing watery saliva, esp. when I chew gum. I still get thick secretion sometimes while on the meds that seems to happen when I'm stressed out. I have gotten fewer reactions while on these meds and coughing up the mucus doesn't smell as bad. These drugs are available over the counter at the pharmacy or health food store (eg. GNC) and have few side effects. It may help you with your bb. Try them or if you have tried these meds please let me know if they did anything for you.

Guaifenesin:
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/drug ... 82494.html

NAC: is an older mucolytic drug not used in US or Canada. In north america, it is used as a supplement to slow muscle fatigue so you can find these at health food stores or nutrition stores.

Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

yes we like side effects, bring it on man
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic