Your Email Address:

First Name:

Root canals cause bad breath?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Thanks sadmum : )
I've had both upper wisdoms out 20 yrs ago. That was just to make room for my overcrowding.

I had the lower right out in 2009 and ever since then my tongue odour reduced to what is probably a normal level. I've always had my brother who has always been brutally honest about my BB and he assured me (at the time) that he could no longer smell any BB. I daren't talk to him about it now because he would go loopy at me if he knew I was still thinking about BB.

I still need to have the lower left tooth out, but I'm in a situation at the moment where I can't go into hospital, so I have to wait until I can. This tooth is below the gum still, but on xrays is lying on it's side and impacted.

The reason why I still believe I have 1% BB (1% is just my way of saying I probably still have slight BB at times) is because I can still put my finger right to the back of my tongue in the morning and smell something. I've found ways to prevent that though, but I still want to remove this remaining tooth as a possible future BB issue. I also suffer with allergic rhinitis and have a deviated septum. Never had any nasal odour.

If I obsess about my breath I start to imagine that the taste in my mouth can become a bit stale, but when I prevent myself from thinking about BB my mouth feels fresh. Weird that.

I don't get reactions, but then I never ever really did. I always managed to mask my BB by eating, drinking, smoking etc. If I couldn't mask it, I simply remained a mute.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic