Your Email Address:

First Name:

Bad Filling!

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Paul B
Total Newbie

Bad Filling!

Post by Paul B »

Okay I think I may have found what has been causing my BB. I just had a 25 or so year old amalgam filling replaced with composite and I feel like my breath has improved dramatically. My dentist said that the tooth that was biting into the old filling had basically worn through it and it created a void into the tooth. I think there must have been bacteria coming out of there because my mouth just feels way less gross. I can drink a coffee with cream and not get that horrible feeling and stench that comes with it. I still have three more old fillings so I may get him to take another good look at them also. I think that I am prone to having bad breath just from the natural biology of my mouth but this tooth was just making it worse so hopefully I can control this a little better now.
Anyone else have a similar experience?

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Nice one Paul. Some people can have a mouth full of rotten teeth and get away with it. But if a person is susceptible to having BB, as I believe I am too, then something like this is all it takes.
Paul B
Total Newbie

Post by Paul B »

Damn! I can't believe how good my mouth feels! I've been eating cheese and drinking milk and it still feels relatively fresh! My mouth hasn't felt this way in 20 years!
hope4now
Master
Post by hope4now »

Congratulations Paul. Did you also have tonsil stones?
bbuk

Post by bbuk »

Was it obvious that you needed your filling replaced or did you do this on your own accord?

Did it smell around that tooth when flossing?

How does someone know whether to replace their amalgam filling or any other filling?

Dentists dont seem to be able to recognise any issue in my mouth not even the impacted wisdom tooth I had which was accumualting white puss.
mindyb
ungrateful trash

Post by mindyb »

I have a few suspect teeth when I floss that reek on occassion. Will have to look next time to see if its a tooth with a filling.

Has anyone here had an amalgam filling(s) replaced and it NOT helped their breath at all?
Paul B
Total Newbie

Post by Paul B »

It wasn't obvious that I needed it replaced, the dentist just told me it had a hole in it and it should be fixed. It has helped somewhat but I still feel like I'm getting some bad smell by the reactions I'm getting from people. I need to get some honest feedback.
I'm so tired of this.
hope4now
Master
Post by hope4now »

mindyb wrote:I have a few suspect teeth when I floss that reek on occassion. Will have to look next time to see if its a tooth with a filling.

Has anyone here had an amalgam filling(s) replaced and it NOT helped their breath at all?
I had all of my amalgams replaced about 15 ago. Now I have just gold crowns and composite fillings. My bb started in 2006 so I can't blame the amalgams although gold does absorb and release mercury.

I occasionally get a bad smell on the dental floss from the back molars. It turned out to be from tonsil stones, not the teeth or gums.

Using Evora Plus twice a day seems to keep my tonsil stones under control. I'm also using a hydrogen peroxide teeth whitening rinse followed by Tom's mouthwash with zinc chloride in the morning. But the EP seems to make the biggest difference. I stopped using it for awhile and the stones came back in full force.

I also occasionally flush the tonsils out with a syringe of warm water. It's hit or miss, but it's a good measure of how many stones there are. Lately there haven't been many and the ones that I see don't smell too strong.
shmooze

Re: Bad Filling!

Post by shmooze »

Paul B wrote:Okay I think I may have found what has been causing my BB. I just had a 25 or so year old amalgam filling replaced with composite and I feel like my breath has improved dramatically. My dentist said that the tooth that was biting into the old filling had basically worn through it and it created a void into the tooth. I think there must have been bacteria coming out of there because my mouth just feels way less gross. I can drink a coffee with cream and not get that horrible feeling and stench that comes with it. I still have three more old fillings so I may get him to take another good look at them also. I think that I am prone to having bad breath just from the natural biology of my mouth but this tooth was just making it worse so hopefully I can control this a little better now.
Anyone else have a similar experience?
Congratulation!!
aydinmur
God

Re: Bad Filling!

Post by aydinmur »

There is a poll at main page of the forum.

Question is:
Did you ever had or still have Amalgam (silver) fillings in teeth?

Options are not well organized but give a brief idea (n=430):

Yes, more than 5 and I have bad breath 27%
Yes, between 3 - 5 and I have bad breath 24%
Yes, 1 or 2 and I have bad breath 17%
Yes but they were all removed and I have bad breath 9%
No never and and I have bad breath 23%

-M
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic