Your Email Address:

First Name:

How I got cured. I believe you can be cured, too.

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
mjump7

How I got cured. I believe you can be cured, too.

Post by mjump7 »

I haven't been to this site for almost 1 year and a half.

I'd suffered from halitosis for over 6 or more years before I got cured last year. I tried many of the things I found on the internet but it only partially worked and came back again.

Here's how I got cured.

First of all, if it's not a medical problem, it's a psychological problem.

If you obsess over your breath smell, guess what?, you'll obsess over how you smell constantly. You'll avoid contact with people too closely. You'd be worried about people's reactions and so forth.

Worry is the killer. Anxiety actually causes your bad breath.

Have you ever given a speech or something like that in front of the class before? Did you notice that you were nervous? Did you notice that you mouth goes dry? Did you notice that you were anxious?

Anxiety and nervousness cause the dry mouth and it worsens your bad breath. Preoccupation with your bad breath worsens the symptom. Guess what. People who normally do not have bad breath get bad breath when they get anxious and their mouth goes really dry.

Now fast forward, imagine a person whose mouth is constantly dry because he/she's anxious constantly.

Bad breath. Halitosis.

Now for the cure.

It's gonna take some time.

It may take a long time but you have to NOT worry.
You need to NOT focus on your bad breath and how you smell at all!

Take that thought out of your mind completely. Kill it if you need.

First of all, get off this site. Never come back here ever again.
You need to eradicate the words, halitosis, bad breath and smell.

Completely. Period.

Do not ask people whether you smell. Do not even mention that word.

You'll know when you no longer smell. It's gonna take quite some time. Maybe 3 months or more. Focus on your work, study or whatever but NOT halitosis and bad breath.

I love you guys. I know your suffering. I've been there 6 years or more. It was one of the miserable period of mine. But there's hope. You can be cured. Not by another surgery, medication or mouthwash.

You need to live your life. Work! Study! Just live a life!
Do not come here ever again!!

Go live! DO NOT worry! You need that kind of confidence and assurance. If you have to smell, smell. but you really need to relax. It's gonna take time but live! and relax! Don't worry! and LIve, man!

That's the answer. It may take a long time but it's worth it.

How I Cured Myself Of Bad Breath Completely
terranpatriot
Advanced
United States of America

Post by terranpatriot »

i agree. stop coming to this site all the time and obsessing over your breath. it will take a toll on your psychological state and increase anxiety and gradually cause you to spiral into a state of isolation and hopeless despair. read books, watch movies, EXERCISE, and eat organic bland food if you can. that is the cure for bad breath. i stumbled by the site today just to see what people were up to, and i came across horrible threads of people crying for help like they were drowning in a pool of fiery quicksand from one of Dante's circles of hell. just stay away from the negative energy of this site, it is toxic. live your life, you will notice improvement after about a week. exercising and eating right (organic and bland) is key, and read as much as you can as well. such things will have physiological effects on your breath. good luck.
hope4now
Master
Post by hope4now »

BB is a disease caused by bacteria. It usually has a physiological, not psychological, cause. Wishful thinking (or ignoring it) won't make it go away. If positive thinking or good intentions worked, most of us would be cured by now. Your ideas might help with halitophobia (assuming it's unfounded), but that's it. Whenever I stop thinking about it and neglect my daily routines, it gets much worse, not better.

Coming to this site is what keeps me sane while I look for a cure.
waiting2xhale
Junior

Post by waiting2xhale »

OH MY GOODNESS! I totally agree with you.....Just thinking back on the days before your bb began. How free you felt. even when a good friend says "your breath stinks" or when u tell a close friend "your breath stink"......and just laugh it off. Everyone in the world has bb at some point. I had a doctors appointment last month and I was so nervous about the doctor smelling my bb & to my surprise when he got close in my face...he did not budge......but I smelled his breath AND IT SMELLED! Without thinking I rubbed my nose! And he didnt even notice me!
So I say all this to say that this bb thing is ALOT just in our heads!! Every cough is not about you! Next time your in the store actually look around! AND U WILL REALIZE NOBODY IS EVEN PAYING YOU ANY ATTENTION! ITS MOSTLY YEARS OR MONTHS OF STRUGGLING WITH BB THAT HAS MESS US UP MENTALLY!
Jesus Can.....Gods Will.
cutiepie
Total Newbie

Post by cutiepie »

Sorry that my last post ended abruptly. my computer was acting funny and so now i have to add on to my original in THIS post.

As i was saying.....i was afraid that everyone in the class could smell my bb. from that moment on, my bb has stayed with me every single day since then. before i started using this mouthwash that i told you about in the first paragraph, i could not remember a single day of my life where i didn't have bb and my mouth DIDNT taste terrible. i've become so shy since my bb started. i used to be very outgoing. i hate talking to people because all they do when i talk is scratch their nose and sometimes even sneeze. it's so annoying and i was sooo fed up with watching them quickly rub their nose every time i opened my mouth. i'd even be standing like eight feet away talking and they'd still do that. i definitely felt like i was an alien and no on else had this problem. literally i can remember like two people in my life having bb, but that's it! it just seems like i'm the only one else who had this problem. i observe other people and they don't itch their nose when OTHER people talk, they just do it to ME! Anyway, i consider myself a very beautiful woman, but it's been hard for me to date because im afraid of sitting across someone on a date for i fear that they;ll lose interest in me after i start talking.
cutiepie
Total Newbie

Post by cutiepie »

ok, my computer did it again. here i go again.

anyway, i researched and kept hearing there was no cure. i kept seeing therabreath come up when i did some bb google searches and so i decided to read the reviews. i was extremely skeptical because i've NEVER been able to find something that works. like 99 percent of the reviews on amazon were good, so the other day i was at bed bath and beyond, saw it, had a bb&b coupon, and raced home to try it. i bought the "fresh breath" oral rinse in a green bottle. went home, tried it, and let me tell you it's been FOREVER since i had no bad taste in my mouth. i used to have a bad taste even when i JUST brushed my teeth like five mins ago! when i used this therabreath rinse, my mouth just tasted neutral . not minty, not fresh, not anything but neutral. like a clean, "normal" non--bb person mouth would taste. i had absolutely no bb and i thought i'd never see this day come. never. they also sell toothpaste, mints, and mouth spray, but i think i might pass, considering the mouthwash was all i needed. this neutral, no bb mouth lasts mostly all day as well. i think i might have to use it 2x per day to have no bb occurrences, but that's just fine with me considering I WILL HAVE NO BB ANYMORE! WOO HOOO ! i seriously feel like shouting from a roof top
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Prepare to become the unhappiest person alive once the effect wears off.

In the other thread which was deleted (not by me btw) where you made a duplicate spam advert for therabreath, someone did reply and mentioned that the therabreath Blis K-12 containing product got rid of their BB for the duration that it was used for. Whoever that was, have a look at the Swanson's Bliss lozenges, they are far cheaper.

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/SWU519/ItemDetail?n=0
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

Cutipie, are you retardet? Please learn how to use your computer. And stop plugging a company with first post on the board.
bblady

Post by bblady »

halitosisux wrote:Prepare to become the unhappiest person alive once the effect wears off.

In the other thread which was deleted (not by me btw) where you made a duplicate spam advert for therabreath, someone did reply and mentioned that the therabreath Blis K-12 containing product got rid of their BB for the duration that it was used for. Whoever that was, have a look at the Swanson's Bliss lozenges, they are far cheaper.

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/SWU519/ItemDetail?n=0
Sadly the Swansonvitamins Blis K12 oral probiotics is currently unavailable from the manufacturer. I learned this after trying to order a bottle from their website. All is not lost however. I found a similar product ... http://www.drdavidwilliams.com/Products ... uctID=BL12
Susie
Sheriff

Post by Susie »

Hey Hali,
LOL Who deleted it? LMFAO Jimi???
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

lol probably.. it was a shame tho cos some of the responses were funny, especially yours about katz wearing a skirt
cutiepie
Total Newbie

Post by cutiepie »

Look, I'm tired of defending myself. I'm not and never was a spammer. i came to this site hoping to find support for a serious problem that i have, and to tell people of something that worked for me, hoping it would work for you too. we should be encouraging each other and raising each other's spirits through this very crippling time in our lives, NOT putting each other down. Come on people, this forum is for finding a cure, and for support. I thought i could find that here, but nope. no support here. don't worry, i won't be back. peace.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

So much has been edited out now, but why the **** would someone who has apparently tried every known bad breath product not have tried therabreath already?

And please dont bother trying to answer that, im just pointing out what a ridiculously obvious spammer you are.

You came on here trying to arouse fresh interest with your hype as you've been doing for years. If your products worked there wouldnt be anyone left on here, simple as that.

Go find a forum for coffee breath sufferers.
Dylan86
Total Newbie

Post by Dylan86 »

I think there might be a core of truth in your statement, mjump7. The other week after going through my routine I told myself: "I have done everything I can today, and I am not going to worry about my breath. I am going to live today as though I don't have bad breath, regardless of the outcome or consequence", and I didn't worry for most of the day. My tongue usually goes yellow again an hour after brushing (I am usually focussing on it and waiting for it to happen) and this time it only became slightly yellowish after lunch. Also, the dry mouth feeling and nasty taste was a lot less.

A couple of weeks ago there were two consecutive days when the yellow tongue / dry mouth did not come back all day after I stopped eating wheat (purely by coincidence). I thought I was cured and wheat was the answer. I was so relieved! Sadly, the coating came back after a few days, even though I was still off wheat and it felt like being back to square one and I felt miserable again.

Maybe you're right, and the feeling / worry that you have bad breath sets of a vicious cycle that culminates in you actually developing bad breath. This is not to say that psychology is the only reason for bad breath, but it could be a major contributor.

I am going to try some visualization meditations where I imagine myself fresh and confident and see how it pans out.

Thank you for the post and the inspiring insight.
compor
Advanced
Post by compor »

Dylan, lately I've been doing the same thing. Drinking lots of water, carefully choosing what I eat, brushing, flossing, gargling and all that stuff. There is no more I can do about it, daily-routine-wise. So the situation is:

I did everything I can for today. I can either keep worrying about it, be obsessed with it, check if bb is back every now and then, try to capture reactions while talking which makes people quite uncomfortable cause they notice I'm acting weird. OR just embrace it, there is NOTHING else I can do about it right now. It is a disease, not my fault. If people don't like being around me, fine. I am doing my best already, that is it, can't do more.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic