Your Email Address:

First Name:

Just when I thought things couldn't get any worst

Anger management part of the forum :), where you can express anger, sadness, sorrow etc.
findacure
Master

Just when I thought things couldn't get any worst

Post by findacure »

My BB seems to be getting worst. Lets face it Im going to be with this for the rest of my life.

Work has become even more difficult. A new girl has started and she has been making my life hell. She makes sure everyone knows about my condition - gestures, comments. Just when I thought things couldn't get any worst for me.

In a moment of desperation I confided in a staff member that worked in my building. And it appears she has relayed EVERYTHING I told her to my colleagues. Lesson: Never take anyone at face value.

There are some cruel people in the world.

Has anyone else confided in their work colleague and what has been the out come?
Last edited by findacure on Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

compor
Advanced
Post by compor »

Hey findacure,

I'm really sorry that you have to work with those people. I've been insulted on the company car once: "open windows, I can't breath" then they all giggled. We just have to learn to ignore them I guess. There is no other way. How can we convince these ignorant people that this is a complicated disease when there are many doctors out there who think brushing our teeth should solve the issue?

All I can say is, focus on your job and be strong :)
Susie
Sheriff

Post by Susie »

somebody once gave me some advice and at the time I brushed it off and thought she was kind of looney. She said when you are really stressed you just gotta find something to fantasize about. Well, the older I got I took her advice and it really does help. So now when I'm mad at someone and I mean really mad I just imagine hitting them over the head with a frying pan..............BAM! I swear I feel so much better and move on with my day.....LOL I'm not sure if this is what she had in mind....but she sure make my life better with this advice!
Susie
Sheriff

Post by Susie »

Cruel mean people get the frying pan....BAM! lol
jh1263
Total Newbie

adjust and

Post by jh1263 »

Susie wrote:Cruel mean people get the frying pan....BAM! lol
hi Susie, all can say is dont tolerate it. Tell the person nicely that u dont appreciate ur rude comments. Youll find out that if u deffend urself theyll stop. They might not talk to u but the abuse will end.
findacure
Master

Post by findacure »

The whole building knows now! (40+ people) So its a joke to them. New staff to the building, People I've never even seen before sniffing and giggling at each other. It becoming torture!

A certain staff member deliberately mentioned how she got into this smelly taxi yesterday, everyone burst of into laughter. Pure humiliation.

Staff meetings - Manager "Open the window it smells earthy in here' Again snigger and smirking!!

I'm finding more people starting up conversations with me then out of the blue mentioning a story about a time when the smelt a bad smell or how their office smells abit. I just freeze because I know its just them trying to take a cheap shot at me.

The crazy thing is they all know I'm aware of my condition and that what they do hurts my feelings, but they still continue to do it. WHY! Grown adults acting like its a school play ground!

I would never behave like this towards anyone! Work place bullying is alive and well.

I've been at my job for nearly 6 years, but I'm going to have to leave to protect my mental state. I don't deserve to be treated like this!
aldrin

Post by aldrin »

It is very hard for us to work in this condition.. Especially with a lot of people or co workers are around us.... We sometimes we cannot fucos on what we are doing because we were out of our mind thinking to much that they can smell our breath... Huhuhuhuhu...
findacure
Master

Post by findacure »

aldrin wrote:It is very hard for us to work in this condition.. Especially with a lot of people or co workers are around us.... We sometimes we cannot fucos on what we are doing because we were out of our mind thinking to much that they can smell our breath... Huhuhuhuhu...
There are times when I forget that I have this condition then someone would come along and make a hurtful comment which just brings me back down to reality.

I don't take offence to someone who is has a genuine reaction to me ie, rubs their nose, stands back. I'm fine with that. But the same people do it to try and humiliate me. If I'm alone with them its fine, but if there's alot of people around they seem to develop an itchy nose!

I've had the same new girl stand in front of me, having a conversation with someone else and franticly rubbing hers nose while the other person just laughs and look straight at me.

There's only so much bad treatment a person can take!
Phantasist
Sheriff

Post by Phantasist »

Findacure,

As an emergency measure you can try chewing sugarless peppermint gum. This will cover up the bad odor to some degree. Don't use any sweet gum (and don't drink any sugary softdrinks).

Next you can try this: Eventhough I am not enamored of Dr. Katz's products because I tried his whole regimen several years ago and it didn't work for me, two of his products seem to greatly diminish my bad breath for several hours. After regular brushing and tongue scraping, I brush my tongue (as far back as possible) with TheraBreath Plus toothpaste with OXYD-8 and Zinc Rx and then rinse with TheraBreath Plus Oral Rinse with OXYD-8 and Zinc Rx. I rinse with plain water, but leave a little residue on my tongue. This is not a cure for bad breath because the odor always comes back, but it is a great help to me in most situations.
The hand we are dealt is fate. How we play the cards is free will.
findacure
Master

Post by findacure »

Phantasist wrote:Findacure,

As an emergency measure you can try chewing sugarless peppermint gum. This will cover up the bad odor to some degree. Don't use any sweet gum (and don't drink any sugary softdrinks).

Next you can try this: Eventhough I am not enamored of Dr. Katz's products because I tried his whole regimen several years ago and it didn't work for me, two of his products seem to greatly diminish my bad breath for several hours. After regular brushing and tongue scraping, I brush my tongue (as far back as possible) with TheraBreath Plus toothpaste with OXYD-8 and Zinc Rx and then rinse with TheraBreath Plus Oral Rinse with OXYD-8 and Zinc Rx. I rinse with plain water, but leave a little residue on my tongue. This is not a cure for bad breath because the odor always comes back, but it is a great help to me in most situations.
As soon as you mentioned Dr. Katz's I stopped reading. I despise that man!

OK guys, I'm off to work.

Deep breath..
TIRED
Advanced

Post by TIRED »

I am right there with you - only I work with 4th graders. I stopped going to the lunchroom so I do not have to see adults. My job is part time and ends in a month - can't wait! The people you work with are so cruel! You would think that once they know that you know and are struggling that they would be nicer about it. Don't give up your job though. You might get into a worse situation. I think in time they will all calm down and if not just think of your job as a place to make money until something better comes along. That's what I think - i need the money so I am going to this place and facing the pain, don't want to go, but I need the money so I do it. I chew gum and eat mints like crazy - it helps, but as soon as the mints dissolve I am stinky again.
Hang in there and know there are people in the same boat...
hopelessone
God
United States of America

Post by hopelessone »

Good grief.....can't we all just start a community somewhere? Enough is enough. At least we'd all have the same problem, and we wouldn't mind each other and be accepted, and we could live our lives.

I love my brothers and sisters struggling with this horror of a condition.

I'm quitting my job today.
findacure
Master

Post by findacure »

TIRED wrote:The people you work with are so cruel! You would think that once they know that you know and are struggling that they would be nicer about it.
Tell me about it, I've had to put up with it for 6 years. Before it wasnt so bad, but this new girl has arrived and has been doing her best to make life difficult. And the crazy thing is I've been really nice to her!!
TIRED wrote: Don't give up your job though. You might get into a worse situation. I think in time they will all calm down and if not just think of your job as a place to make money until something better comes along. That's what I think - i need the money so I am going to this place and facing the pain, don't want to go, but I need the money so I do it.

I'm trying my best. Its has been very difficult. I use to come home and burst into tears thinking..... Is this really my life!?! But I have grown alot stronger over the years.

I'm currently looking for a new job, but will anyone employ me? When I first got this job my BB wasn't so bad, but now I don't even have to open my mouth the smell fills the area around me and that's just from me breathing

Will things ever get better!?!
Last edited by findacure on Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
findacure
Master

Post by findacure »

hopelessone wrote:
I'm quitting my job today.
I wish I could quit my job, but I cant afford to.

*face palm*
hali_grl
Sheriff

Post by hali_grl »

findacure your experience mirrors mine so much i work in a call ctr and this is only my 2nd week still in training. i can imagine when i start taking calls n talking allday no one will be able to escape me. my trainer always makes comments about breathing and opens the door ppl walking by in the hall snicker or walk by quickly i heard one girl from one end of the wall say to another at the other end "beware" like the room im in is a hazard zone or dragons den. i feel exactly what u mean to quit to preserve your mental statei ts not normal to want to die to avoid work. id rather be broke and at peace than have a little money n be miserable. im on a raw diet and i just want to focus on that n healing myself without the anxiety.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic