Your Email Address:

First Name:

My diagnosis, PND

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
MissPretty
Advanced

My diagnosis, PND

Post by MissPretty »

I have post nasal drip. there is no cure, is it true? I have to live with my bad breath the rest of my life now? What is your best tips on PND? Grateful for the response.

waiting2xhale
Junior

Post by waiting2xhale »

I believe that EVERYONE has post nasl drip at some point, more so for us people with BB though. I am starting to believe that PND needs a surgery to fix. But make sure you blow your nose b4 bed and (all day) never EVER allowing any of that mucus to have a chance to drip. though its almost impossible to catch all of it, but also I take mucus relief medicince (any brand) to help dry it the mucus. I still have bb though but it helps some. Good Luch hunny.....were all in this thng together.
Jesus Can.....Gods Will.
George80
Junior

Post by George80 »

Of course, some girl here was cured from BB (and I think resulting from PND), because she had a deviated septum and got it fixed.
A normal healthy person produces about 1-2 liters (up to half a gallon) of mucus in his sinuses, a day! A certain amount of PND is quite normal as long as you dont recognize it. So you must be producing a lot more that gets stuck in your nose, throat, tonsils etc.
Check in this order for:
> Sinusitis: CT scan (not a normal X-ray)
> Allergy Scan
> GERD and PDR (Reflux causes PND)
> some other stuff could be helpfull to
multiple causes

Post by multiple causes »

my mother had pnd all her life as far as I remember anyway. She will have to clear her throat like every few minutes. My brother and I used to mimmick her doing it. The thing is, my mother never had bb because of the pnd. Not one time in my 46 years of life do I remember her ever having any breath odor so I don't get why some people have the problems others do not. I guess it is because the sinuses are what's causing the smell? All I know is I can't keep the sinuses from messing with me, I have tried sprays, mixing salt or peroxide, store bought saline soltions etc, no help. The only course I have is to deal with the aftermath, and as I stated, I am using Smart mouth along with my other routine, and so far I have had the best few days of my life. I have never been so sociable. I have an entire lifetime to catch up with.
George80
Junior

Post by George80 »

Did you ever have a real CT scan? May be you have deviated septum. There is connection between a deviated septum and PND. Some girl here was cured from PND/BB by getting a surgery. An ENT told me too, that a deviated septum is a logical cause for swollen sinuses, nasal tissue and PND. He told me that it has to do with air circulation in the nose. A deviated septum can also cause further trouble like snoring and stuff.
I posted the multiple causes here. May be you check for that before you give up.
From my experience the mucus that is caught in the mouth is a perfect trap for bacteria and food rests.
MissPretty
Advanced

Post by MissPretty »

Thanks for all replies. My doctor wrote out Aerius 5 mg and Rhinocort (prescription) for allergic diseases. My breath has improved. I will also X-rayed my nose to see if I have sinusitus. Keep you posted
George80
Junior

Post by George80 »

a x-ray will accomplish absolutely nothing. You need a computer CT. A CT is from what I know a mutiple layer x-ray. I had a normal x-ray that was normal, but a CT-scan that showed the problem.
MissPretty
Advanced

Post by MissPretty »

George80 wrote:a x-ray will accomplish absolutely nothing. You need a computer CT. A CT is from what I know a mutiple layer x-ray. I had a normal x-ray that was normal, but a CT-scan that showed the problem.
Thanks so much for the tip. Will immediately talk to my doctor that I want to do a CT scan as well, do not know if he agrees to it but...
George80
Junior

Post by George80 »

You don't need a regular x-ray at all. It's worthless. Just get a CT scan. I can't really tell you the difference, but that a CT scan consists of a number of x-rays covering different areas. and it's probably more expensive. radiation should also be about the same.
ihatethebus
Master

Post by ihatethebus »

5days into flipturns my pnd disappeard permntly. Bb just got worse. Still dont hav pnd and i feel nasal area jus getin dry as the bb flows out during nasal farts. Going to get adenoids and tonsils removed soon. Im a clinical officer now so wnt b 2 hard 2 get i of my budz to refer me for tnslctmy. Hope it works. Sry 4 cut wrds am using celphn for internet. Pc net too slow in africa
MissPretty
Advanced

Post by MissPretty »

I have talked to my doctor so I can do a CT scan March 1. George80; when are you gonna do your surgery?
George80
Junior

Post by George80 »

I don't have a date yet. I will have a preexamination in the hospital in early April. Then it probably can take some weeks before I get a slot. I hope to fix it until end of May or June.
Depending on what your CT reveals you should try all the other stuff in advance. a deviated septum of course is not curable by taking meds.
MissPretty
Advanced

Post by MissPretty »

Okay. Hope you get some time soon. I have a time on 1 March for CT. Now I go on Rhinocort nasal spray 64 mg and Aerius 5 mg which has helped relieve my bad breath. I have also done an allergy test that I expect answers to.
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

George80 wrote:You don't need a regular x-ray at all. It's worthless. Just get a CT scan. I can't really tell you the difference, but that a CT scan consists of a number of x-rays covering different areas. .
This is correct.
Sinus radiography is nothing but CT is valuable material for diagnosis.
- M
MissPretty
Advanced

Post by MissPretty »

aydinmur wrote:
George80 wrote:You don't need a regular x-ray at all. It's worthless. Just get a CT scan. I can't really tell you the difference, but that a CT scan consists of a number of x-rays covering different areas. .
This is correct.
Sinus radiography is nothing but CT is valuable material for diagnosis.
- M
Thanks for the reply sir. Will be interesting to see what my CT scan shows. keep you posted.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic