Your Email Address:

First Name:

My dental cleaning

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
shiloh_bluez
Total Newbie

My dental cleaning

Post by shiloh_bluez »

I went for a dental cleaning today. When I arrived, I joked with the dental hygenist that its been two years sinc emy last cleaning. She said, "try 4 years." I was shocked. This long time since my last last cleaning wasnt good since i was goign to approach my dentist today and ask him about bad breath. How can he not think that I am a guy who neglects his oral hygene considering how long its been since my last visit.

As the woman started my cleaning, I was constantly thinking, "can she smell my BB"? Hoping the mask was eenoug buffer between her nose and my breath i was put at ease. However, my mind began to wonder again. Fear. So i decided the only thing I can do is to exhale ans she exhales and inhale as she inhales. A new breat cure for us? Maybe not, its a hard thing to do and I almost passed out while trying this.

The good news is I had no cavities and my gums were perfect, no bleeding. She left the room and said she would send in my dentist. She looked at my teeth and said everythign was perfect. This is when I began my well thought out and rehearsed speech. "Dr....i have post nasal drip and dry mouth. Both of these add up too.....you know." He made a face that made me think he understood what the issue was at hand. I then said, "ive heard peridex may help with this." He said.."well maybe, you can try it." The dental hydenist then recommended oasis dry mouth wash and biotene products after she gave me the sameples. She then asked, "Are you worried only about the dry mouth or are you having a bad taste?" I thoiught it was cool of her to say bad taste than "a problem with your hirrbile breath". She then recommended an over the counter product called Breath RX. i said "oh.ill have to try that". What i should have said was..."oh ive tried that. it sucks."
So the dentist gave me peridex. Lets see what it can do. I think of this more as a practice in discussing my problem with the people in my life.

LJ
Junior

you did great

Post by LJ »

You did a great job talking to your dentist; but don't let 4 years pass again before a dental cleaning; that's not good for anyone especially our types.
It's difficult bringing up the subject to people who really can't cure it. Trust me if dentists could cure us they would be chasing us around; they would be millionaires.
I'm afraid the Peridex is full of alcohol; and will likely make matters worse. But try it and see. If you get dried up; tongue gets sore; peeling or itching on the cheeks and roof of mouth; then I would stop.
Next time you go in; make a special appointment, not just for a cleaning. Tell her what happened with the Peridex (if it does) and then explain that you have a problem that can't seem to be solved with conventional products. See what she says.
I applaud you for talking to your dentist. Trust me, the more people you talk to about it, the easier it gets. Laura
shiloh_bluez
Total Newbie

Post by shiloh_bluez »

I really appreciate all your help Laura. I read on this forum that Peridex is also availabale in a alcohol free version. Ive been researching online and cant find any mention of one. It looks like this wash is not available non-alcoholic. Im goign to try it wit hthe alcohol just to see, knowing that it will likely dry out my tongue. Thanks for the support LJ.
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

Whass that Oasis dry mouth stuff? Anyone try it?

K :-({|=
LJ
Junior

Karl you are in an oasis

Post by LJ »

Karl:
I don't know about the oasis, but if you want something for dry mouth; there are two types of prescription pills to take (no I can't remember the names, I would have to look them up); but anyway those babies will put some saliva in your mouth.
It's crazy, I drooled like a St. Bernard. It would squirt out when I'd open my mouth; I'd use it again, but the problem was it upset my stomach pretty badly. I endured and used it for a month; didn't solve the problem; but I don't know if I could have used it in the long run if it would've have helped.
Have you tried or heard of either of the products? Laura
bramjacob
Total Newbie

My dental cleaning

Post by bramjacob »

Teeth cleaning is part of oral hygiene and involves the removal of dental plaque from teeth with the intention of preventing cavities, gingivitis, and periodontal disease. People routinely clean their own teeth by brushing and inter dental cleaning, and dental hygienists can remove hardened deposits not removed by routine cleaning. Those with dentures and natural teeth may supplement their cleaning with a denture cleaner...

Post by Stankie »

Last edited by Stankie on Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrChips
Advanced

Post by MrChips »

haha!!
jess
Sheriff

Post by jess »

lol that was funny
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic