Your Email Address:

First Name:

Does Oasis work?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
brightonguy
Advanced

Does Oasis work?

Post by brightonguy »

Don't get me wrong, I'm not intending on using my hard earned money to buy some and try. As a dry mouth sufferer and after trying various biotene products which, if anything, just exacerbated my problem, I'm not exactly in a rush to try this one.

My point is that this site is supposed to be about helping each other find out what works and most of us know all too painfully that commercially available products very often make BB problems worse.

So, has anyone tried Oasis? Does it work? Is it justifiable to allow an advert for this product on this forum?

ihatethebus
Master

Post by ihatethebus »

if i can remember cleary. Jimi said the donations are nt meeting the site running expenses. Adverts frm anyone willing to put up their bb products will be allowed. No one had anything to say or any better idea per se. Even if it means dr. K will add o keep forum
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

Well I welcome them here, it is widely used product I used it myself. And it helps my bad breath. At the same time I did not experience any side effects like with other commercial mouthwashes. But it works on a different principle. By making your mouth moist.
iva
Master

Post by iva »

I`ve always wanted to learn more about the composition of the OASIS mouthwash, but there`s no info on that topic.....
bblady

Post by bblady »

I have used Biotene and Oasis mouthwashes for dry mouth. Oasis mouthwash does offer better relief of dry mouth than Biotene. Biotene has barely worked for me at all. As for how well it performs for maintaining fresh breath, probably about as long as most commercial mouthwashes. The label claims it gives dry mouth relief for up to 2 hours. For me, I'd say it felt more like an hour. Still, it did give me better dry mouth relief and a fresh mouth feeling when compared to Biotene. I hope this helps. The best product on the market for dry mouth/fresh breath in my opinion is, Salese lozenges, but the trick is to drink sips of water frequently and working the lozenge around the mouth to keep it activated. These lozenges are a life saver for me, and I am in now way affiliated with the product. I'm only sharing my own experiences.
brightonguy
Advanced

Post by brightonguy »

@ bblady, have you tried pilocarpine (brand name Salagen)? This is specific medication for dry mouth which comes as 5mg tablets. I take one of these first thing in the morning and 45 minutes later my mouth is full of saliva. One tablet works (for me at least) for about two to three hours and then the effects start to wear off gradually. I take one tablet every day (I'd like to take more but then I get side effects such as nausea). This has helped reduce my BB tremendously. I'm not affiliated with any company that makes a profit from selling this drug.
bblady

Post by bblady »

@brightonguy,
No, I have not tried pilocarpine/Salagen and don't think I will based on the side effects warnings I've read about this drug. :-& Yikes. Dry mouth is one of my problems, but I also get bad breath from stress, the back of my mouth/throat, and digestion system. I figure that taking a medication such as Salagen for the dry mouth may give me temporary relief, but what about those side effects, and what about the other causes of bb I still have to deal with? Based on reviews I've read about this medication, nausea and stomach problems are a common issue, even if taken at the recommended dosage. I just can't deal with an upset stomach. My work and school schedule does not allow me to get sick. Thanks anyway. ;) I do appreciate it.
fresh
Total Newbie

dry mouth

Post by fresh »

yr dr can prescribe you medication that forces you saliva glands to produce a lot more saliva. I've always wondered why people don't seem to know this. search the web, find the name and tell yr dr to get it for you. it won’t cure bad breath but it will cure dry mouth.
iva
Master

Post by iva »

Could someone pls write down the contents of OASIS?
deebo

Re: Does Oasis work?

Post by deebo »

brightonguy wrote: So, has anyone tried Oasis? Does it work? Is it justifiable to allow an advert for this product on this forum?
Wen out of shape classmates would see me take vitamins with my lunch they would say "does that work?" Like with bb , there are many reason why someone would need to use a product. As we know, there are many variables to foul breath ,so at the risk of sounding flip or short -Yes ,it does work ..for some . What works for you ?

I started a thread or 2 about donating to this site after Jimi posted a need for them to forgo ads . It seems no one replied to my post and obviously not enough donated ,so now there is an ad. Its harmless . You can even use an ad blocker .

I for 1 would like to come to this site without sub fees . Lots of visitor contribute great insights (right ,wrong,spam and everything else) . We should take it all with a proverbial grain of salt , think critically for our selves and Share our experience with our fellow bb folks, For Free.
bblady

Post by bblady »

iva wrote:Could someone pls write down the contents of OASIS?
I found the answer to your question from the FAQ page on the Oasis website ... http://www.oasisdrymouth.com/Pages/faqs.aspx

4. What are all of the ingredients in Oasis?

Moisturizing Mouthwash:

Water, glycerin, sorbitol, poloxamer 338, PEG-60 hydrogenated castor oil, carboxymethylcellulose, cetylpyridinium chloride, copovidone, disodium phosphate, flavor (peppermint and spearmint), methylparaben, propylparaben, sodium benzoate, sodium phosphate, sodium saccharin, xanthan gym, FD&C blue no. 1.
brightonguy
Advanced

Re: dry mouth

Post by brightonguy »

fresh wrote:yr dr can prescribe you medication that forces you saliva glands to produce a lot more saliva. I've always wondered why people don't seem to know this. search the web, find the name and tell yr dr to get it for you. it won’t cure bad breath but it will cure dry mouth.
Sorry fresh but this is inaccurate and it's important to provide accurate information to people who read the forum. There are only 2 available prescription drugs which can be used to stimulate saliva production - Salagen and Evoxac. Your GP will not necessarily know anything about either of these, my GP said they didn't exist, so it's simply not correct to say that your GP can prescribe this for you. Neither is it true to say that it won;t cure your bad breath. There is clear evidence to show that if your mouth is dry or very dry (specifically <1.5 mm saliva every 15 minutes) then this, on average, results in bad breath
brightonguy
Advanced

Re: Does Oasis work?

Post by brightonguy »

deebo wrote:
brightonguy wrote: As we know, there are many variables to foul breath ,so at the risk of sounding flip or short -Yes ,it does work ..for some . What works for you ?

I started a thread or 2 about donating to this site after Jimi posted a need for them to forgo ads . It seems no one replied to my post and obviously not enough donated ,so now there is an ad. Its harmless . You can even use an ad blocker .

I for 1 would like to come to this site without sub fees . Lots of visitor contribute great insights (right ,wrong,spam and everything else) . We should take it all with a proverbial grain of salt , think critically for our selves and Share our experience with our fellow bb folks, For Free.
If you want to find out what works for me use the search function and read my posts. It is categorically wrong to say adverts are harmless. Read my previous post and read the various testimonials on this site which illustrate how commercially available products do not work for the majority of people and, if anything, only serve to exacerbate BB.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

Look people, this is our sponsor, so please try to not have bad comments if you haven't tried the product. I have tested it and it makes my mouth not dry. I don't think it make more saliva in my mouth. I think it works with the help of glycerin, makes you mouth slippery.

I think more people should buy this product and try it, it is cheap and you can buy it in local drugstores.

Just my 50 cents, lets keep our site alive. I rather have 1 solid and real sponsor than looking for donations.
fresh
Total Newbie

Re: dry mouth

Post by fresh »

brightonguy wrote:
fresh wrote:yr dr can prescribe you medication that forces you saliva glands to produce a lot more saliva. I've always wondered why people don't seem to know this. search the web, find the name and tell yr dr to get it for you. it won’t cure bad breath but it will cure dry mouth.
Sorry fresh but this is inaccurate and it's important to provide accurate information to people who read the forum. There are only 2 available prescription drugs which can be used to stimulate saliva production - Salagen and Evoxac. Your GP will not necessarily know anything about either of these, my GP said they didn't exist, so it's simply not correct to say that your GP can prescribe this for you. Neither is it true to say that it won;t cure your bad breath. There is clear evidence to show that if your mouth is dry or very dry (specifically <1.5 mm saliva every 15 minutes) then this, on average, results in bad breath
Then lets all go get cured with your advice ;)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic