Your Email Address:

First Name:

Tongue Surgery

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

This all sounds a little crazy. :-&

john
Junior

Post by john »

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Worth trying, as long as you dont end up puking while ur trying to use it discreetly, lol
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

I still try sand paper actually. I think it help pull the bacteria from underneath. WHen I do it there is this think white bubbly saliva that comes up. I love this post because I have thought of laser surjery before, must have to find the doctor to do it and see how much it costs,. My tongue papillaes are long and my tongue is becoming fissured
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

Chemicals used for cauterizationb:
silver nitrate.
trichoracetic acid
cantharidin
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

keratolytic agents may help if papillae are long
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

meowkity1 wrote:I still try sand paper actually. I think it help pull the bacteria from underneath. WHen I do it there is this think white bubbly saliva that comes up. I love this post because I have thought of laser surjery before, must have to find the doctor to do it and see how much it costs,. My tongue papillaes are long and my tongue is becoming fissured
Let me get this straight... You sandpaper your tongue.... =P~ What do you mean when you say it's becoming more fissured?

Do you really think this can solve your problem or are you going completely bonkers? I wouldn't blame you if you were though..
meowkity1
Super Angel

Post by meowkity1 »

Its not solving my problem but I know the sand paper definately helps pull the deep bacteria out. My tongues is more pink after i do it. And this is right after doing my oral routine. WHat I mean by fissure is geographic tongue,
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

meowkity1 wrote:My tongue papillaes are long and my tongue is becoming fissured
Laser is not good idea, If there ara fissurs on your tongue.

Mucosal atrophy, cancer history in upper generation, present insensetive areas on tongue surface, not uniformly color disturbance on tongue surface, bad oral hygen, geographic tongue, hiperemic tongue, color changes of tongue apex, macroglossy is also risk.
- Murat
aydinmur
God

Post by aydinmur »

First of all, this application is for Type 1 halitosis cure only. Not suitable for other types of halitosis and mix halitosis cases. Such as Type 1+2 or Type 1+3 or Type 1+3+4 ....

My opinion that is, 6 mM ZnCl2 solution should be given to that person for 1 min rinse. Laser can be a good alternative therapy, If halitosis stops completely even for a little period after ZnCl2 rinse. Otherwise , keep far from laser.

I would like to ask a question to halitosisux and dark:

What type of laser did doctor treat on yoru tongue? May I see your tongue photos ?
- Murat
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

aydinmur wrote:
My opinion that is, 6 mM ZnCl2 solution should be given to that person for 1 min rinse. Laser can be a good alternative therapy, If halitosis stops completely even for a little period after ZnCl2 rinse. Otherwise , keep far from laser.
Where can a general customer buy ZnCl2 solution..? Thanks in advance.
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

halitosisux wrote:
On days when I have a slight tongue coating, these experimental patches never have any coating.

Hi Sux! It was never clear to me if the area you experimented on also had less of a stench than the area next to it..?
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Hi Larc. The patches were too small to notice whether they had a reduced odour on them. Even so, whenever my tongue was smelling it would affect most of my tongue, even the frontal area where the papillae are naturally much more shallower, so in my case, even if I had been foolish enough to do this to my entire tongue, It would probably have been a complete waste of time. I'm sure there would have been some reduction in overall odour, but not enough to justify this act of pure desperation. This is all very much last resort. Most people on here who've had BB for years still havent ruled out TMAU, secondary TMAU or intestinal parasites.

Stange how candida gets so much attention though, without any real evidence that it has anything to do with anything.
Larc400
God

Post by Larc400 »

halitosisux wrote: I was lucky because I found that one of my wisdom teeth was causing a stench on my tongue and was probably causing my tonsils to stink too. Once I had the tooth removed the stench was reduced considerably.
Did this tooth give any symptoms, ie was there a stench in that area of your mouth when flossing etc..? Worrying to think that a tooth can be the cause after all. My gums don't stink though. My saliva does.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

I had flossing odours in a number of areas and still do at times.

I have a new theory on this actually. I think that tonsilloliths and the skank that builds up between certain teeth is the combination of two things. One is that dead cells from the tongue break off or get scraped into these crevices where they eventually clump together and soak up the odourous chemicals that are floating around in the mouth. After a day or so, these clumps calcify into harder clumps. The smells are almost identical too, which adds to the likelihood that they are associated.

In my case the pocket around my wisdom tooth was like a cesspit. Saliva wasnt flowing into it, so anaerobic odour-producing bacteria went wild in there, releasing a steady flow of skank into my mouth which led to odour building up all over my tongue. My saliva stunk too. I still get low levels of odour in my saliva and the back of my tongue - but nothing like as bad as before
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic