Your Email Address:

First Name:

Finally decided to go to the doctor.

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
gordongekko

Finally decided to go to the doctor.

Post by gordongekko »

I was nervous so I booked the best doctor in the whole center (out of about 20 or 30 doctors). The wait was long, but worth it. When he sat me down I told him that I would like to get rid of halitosis and told him that I think it's caused by the anaerobic bacteria on the back of my tongue. He was happy to check it out and told me that this is a very common probably that many patients come to him for. He checked my tongue and booked me in for a pathology test tomorrow:

(C14') Helicobacter P. C14 breath test

This will determine that cause of the bacteria. I have to fast for 6 hours and not brush or drink anything. I'll update test results tomorrow morning and kepe this as my journal.

I advise all of you to visit your doctor too.

Enuf
Total Newbie

Post by Enuf »

Could you tell us the specialty of the doctor who will perform this test? Gasterenterology, or ENT?
thanks and good luck,
gordongekko

Post by gordongekko »

I'll update 11th of April, I couldn't do it this morning because you have to be off medication for atleast 4 weeks (i just came off amoxil antibiotics 2 weeks ago).
bbsux
Advanced

Post by bbsux »

can u plz pm me your results.. i wanna make sure i get your results and i might not remember to ready your thread.
Music Lady
Advanced

Post by Music Lady »

Last week I was referred to a dentist whose treated patients with halitosis before. I wrote him a detailed description of all of my symptoms and yesterday he emailed me back with this recommendation. Has anybody every been prescribed this antibiotic he speaks of:
music lady wrote:“I've never seen this constellation of symptoms before. I would treat empirically. Start by making sure you have no gum disease or tooth decay. Check for liver disease and stomach disorders. Then try modifying your diet. Start with rice only for a week. If that does not improve your halitosis, then the problem is probably not food. If it does, then start adding foods til the problem returns. That way you can get a handle on the food group you should avoid. If the food does not seem to be the problem, ask your physician to give you a two week run of clindamycin and amoxicillin. If that works, then the problem is bacterial. At that point, you can concentrate on finding out where the infection is.”
I looked up clindamycin and different forms of it and here’s what clindamycin hci oral says:

clindamycin HCl Oral is used to treat the following:

Blood Poisoning caused by the Bacteria Anaerobes, Bacterial Infection of Blood or Tissues affecting the Whole Body, Treatment to Prevent Bacterial Infection of a Heart Valve, Pneumonia caused by Pneumococcus Bacteria, Bacterial Pneumonia caused by Streptococcus, Bacterial Pneumonia caused by Staphylococcus, Pneumonia caused by an Anaerobic Bacteria, Pus in the Lungs, Abscess of the Lung caused by Anaerobic Bacteria, Anaerobic Bacteria Infection of Abdominal Cavity Lining, Abscess Within the Abdomen caused by Anaerobic Bacteria , Infection Within the Abdomen, Fallopian Tube & Ovary Abscess due to Anaerobic Bacteria, Inflammation in Pelvic Area caused by Anaerobic Bacteria, Pelvic Inflammatory Disease, Infection of Tissues of the Uterus caused by Bacteroides, Anaerobic Infection Following Vaginal Cuff Surgery, Skin Infection, Skin Infection due to Staphylococcus Aureus Bacteria, Skin Infection due to Streptococcus Pyogenes Bacteria, Skin Infection due to Anaerobic Bacteria
Last edited by Music Lady on Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Music Lady
Advanced

Post by Music Lady »

Here's the link I copied the treatment info from but you can google and research the antibiotic anywhere:

http://www.webmd.com/drugs/drug-12235-C ... genumber=4
gordongekko

Post by gordongekko »

I went on Amoxil, didn't make a change to my bad breath which I think is a good thing. Amoxil adds good bacteria to your mouth, which means I must naturally have good bacteria and there is another cause of my bad breath. Will post results on the 11th of April about test.
gordongekko

Post by gordongekko »

DONE THE TEST:

I have to wait 2 days for the results so I'll post back next week. They made me blow into a aluminium bag after fasting for a whole night and not taking any tablets/antibiotics for a month. Will see how it goes.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

gordongekko, I'd also like to know the specialty of the Doctor. Could you tell us, along with your future results?

Looking forward to hearing more.
hopelessone
God
United States of America

Post by hopelessone »

Thanks gordongekko....looking forward to your update,.
gordongekko

RESULTS

Post by gordongekko »

RESULT:

Negative. No H. Ployri.

So, I went to see first available doctor, not the good one that I went to first time.

And he asked me if anyone had complained that I had bad breath. And I told him, "not in a few years". He then asked me if I had asked anyone if I had bad breath, I responded - "yes, I asked about 7 good friends and my mother and sister - they all said that I didn't have bad breath" (which is true).

He then said that I'm becoming too fixed on this problem but I was certain that I had bad breath because if I don't eat anything for a while, my tongue can really smell.

So he gave me some antibiotics - "metronidazole 400mg generic brand" for $14. I will take 3 tablets a day for the next week or so and will report back. The doctor told me that it is strictly aimed at eliminating anaerobic bacteria for good (yeh right).

As noted this is a new asian doctor. Not Doctor Artinian from chatswood medical center here in sydney who gets people from all over sydney visiting him (and has dealt with curing halitosis many times in his career). This new doctor told me he smelled nothing. But that's cause my breath was fresh. I will report back during and after this medication and this will be my new log. If this medication does not work I will go through all tests possible to get us another step closer in curing bad breath for everyone (chronic or not).

All future tests will be done with Doctor Artinian to ensure a high-quality that everyone can extract information from. Will post back in the next couple of days.
gordongekko

Post by gordongekko »

mike987 wrote:gordongekko, I'd also like to know the specialty of the Doctor. Could you tell us, along with your future results?

Looking forward to hearing more.
Hi, not too sure of the speciality. Pathologist is my best guess.
BBBGone
Total Newbie

Candida test

Post by BBBGone »

A good test to have is the either the Candida antibodies test or the full -out candida workout. Many insurances don't cover the latter, but the first test will help to rule out (or in) a common problem.
gordongekko

Post by gordongekko »

UPDATE: Metronidazole 400mg fixed my bad breath. Tongue does not smell at all. Took 21 tablets over 7 days. Have been off the pills for 2 days now and haven't brushed my teeth in like 12 hours (i woke up about 3 hours ago). And my breath still doesn't smell. Hopefully this will last a while.
deebo

antibiotic backlash

Post by deebo »

gordongekko wrote:UPDATE: Metronidazole 400mg fixed my bad breath. Tongue does not smell at all. Took 21 tablets over 7 days. Have been off the pills for 2 days now and haven't brushed my teeth in like 12 hours (i woke up about 3 hours ago). And my breath still doesn't smell. Hopefully this will last a while.
Dont you have to take the Full course of pills ? I wonder why there isn't an Oral version of this pill if its target is the tongue .
I'm sure you've read other bb folks account with antibiotic backlash ,where bb resistant to the pills comes back full force, usually with more new symptoms .
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic