Your Email Address:

First Name:

passing bb germs

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
waitingforrelief
Sheriff

passing bb germs

Post by waitingforrelief »

this is a very very embarrassing topic. so please bear with me. and hopefully i'll get responses.

i've taken a long time off from this board. i'd sort of settled into almost accepting my bb, i think. however, i don't know if it's accurate but i feel like it's getting worse. (even though i'd felt like this before and then somehow moved past it.) it also usually helps when i'm in a relatoinship, but now i'm single.

anyway, without getting into it, let's just say that there's potentially someone i'm interested in who's showing interest in me as well. and this has really made me freak out about my breath. it's not even so much about the smell, but that every single person i've kissed in the last few years would get my bad breath. :( they wouldn't have it permanently, but it'd take DAYS for the odor to go away. to the point that whenever i'm in relationships, i'd simply stop kissing my partner. i feel like even sharing utensils and drinks with me would make them smell. and i don't think it's in my head. i am beginning to feel like a gigantic ball of bacteria.

this is so extremely frustrating. first of all, personally, i love nothing more than kissing, and can't imagine a better way physically to show affection and love. so that's already bad enough. but beyond that, how do i even let a love interest know that i can't kiss??!! i have no idea how to deal with romantic situations anymore. when my bb wasn't as bad, i could at least kiss in the beginning for a while before i'd have to stop. now i feel like it's gotten so bad that i should not go there at all.

what do i do?

so many of you have the kind of bb that doesn't pass onto somebody else. i'd love to hear from people who feel like their bb is contagious as well. if you don't want to post here, please pm me. maybe ours is a totally different ballgame, i don't know. but i feel like even on this board, i'm alone on that.

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

Love Interest... Haahaahaaaaaaaaa......

:cry:
iva
Master

Post by iva »

waitingforrelief,

I haven`t been in a relationship for 10 years-for as long as I`ve had bb. So I `ve always wondered the same - how would kissing affect my partner? I suspect that I`ll be feeling like a gigantic ball of bacteria too...

One thing I am curious about is whether my oral flora will be altered by my partner`s one.
ihatethebus
Master

Post by ihatethebus »

dont know if my bb is contagious. Would replace my parent's toothbrushes with similar ones ive just thoroughly used. The fuckers would have a front row seat to my life. Saying theres no such thing, while covering their yappers, making me run their errands(in crowded places) everytime i visit + a lot of extra bs. I hate my mom n stepdad, would be an understatement
Phantasist
Sheriff

Post by Phantasist »

Waiting,

I don't think it's an embarrassing topic. During a kiss, you are simply transferring some of your anaerobic bacteria to the other person's mouth. Of course the anaerobes won't last because the other person's microfloral ecology will kill them. That's why they don't have bad breath in the first place.
The fact that it takes them a few days to get rid of the BB is a little disconcerting, because it might mean that you have a particularly powerful strain of anaerobic bacteria.
The hand we are dealt is fate. How we play the cards is free will.
danger
Master

Post by danger »

i dont even think you have to kiss somebody to get their bad breath. if somebody with bad breath talks near me into my face i can taste and smell their bad breath on me hours later
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

danger wrote:i dont even think you have to kiss somebody to get their bad breath. if somebody with bad breath talks near me into my face i can taste and smell their bad breath on me hours later
That's happened to me too. There was a sick person with really bad breath sitting on the train next to me a few months ago.. Couldn't get that smell out of my nose all day.
waitingforrelief
Sheriff

thanks for all of your replies.

does anyone have advice on how to deal with this? not a cure, but to broach this subject in a a dating situation?

and mike, gee thanks for the support re your first comment. just because it feels ridiculous to you to either be interested in someone or have someone else show interest in you, doesn't mean that is that way for all of us. there's no need to laugh and ridicule. i take offense at that.
hopelessone
God
United States of America

Post by hopelessone »

ihatethebus wrote:dont know if my bb is contagious. Would replace my parent's toothbrushes with similar ones ive just thoroughly used. The fuckers would have a front row seat to my life. Saying theres no such thing, while covering their yappers, making me run their errands(in crowded places) everytime i visit + a lot of extra bs. I hate my mom n stepdad, would be an understatement
geeeeez, i feel for ya'.......i ponder soooo many times on how anyone gets through this misery.....

we're not even at ease with family.

we need a safe haven.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

waitingforrelief wrote:thanks for all of your replies.

does anyone have advice on how to deal with this? not a cure, but to broach this subject in a a dating situation?

and mike, gee thanks for the support re your first comment. just because it feels ridiculous to you to either be interested in someone or have someone else show interest in you, doesn't mean that is that way for all of us. there's no need to laugh and ridicule. i take offense at that.

Sorry, that wasn't meant to offend, I'm just messing around.
I'm mostly speaking for myself and my misery with that one.
:?

I've been feeling really lonely lately and longing for love that I'll probably never have as long as I'm plagued by this nightmare. I most certainly do not think it's ridiculous... It's what I'd really like myself. I do have a bit of a love interest, and while we're good friends, she keeps her distance.

No need to be embarrassed around here btw. I think we're all embarrassed about it anyway, so that's why you can open up here, no problems. Any heckling and naysayers are probably just sore or messing around, like me. I'm both :lol:

About your contagious BB.. Is the problem that you don't want your partner to have to endure what you do, or is it that you don't like smelling your partner's BB that you had spawned?

BB might last for a bit in their mouths after kissing with you, but don't feel bad, as it will never last more than a bit for them. Do they notice they 'catch' your BB too?

I love kissing too, btw. I would love to make out with a delectable lass again someday... Soon I hope!

I can only recommend that you clean your mouth vigorously before you do any kissing.. and that you don't give up! Accepting it is... well I want to believe that even if it is native to our DNA makeup (though I don't believe that's true yet), we can still find a daily treatment to keep it at bay.

Don't stop waiting for relief! You'll have it someday! If I find it, I'll certainly do my best to make the same happen for you and everyone else around here. :)
waitingforrelief
Sheriff

hi mike,
thanks for the apology and clarification and support. i'm just really sensitive on this subjct, you know?
anyway, no hard feelings.

no it's not so much that i can't stand smelling it on them. it's not pleasant (after all it's what i hate smelling all day on me!), but the worst is that i don't want them to get it permanently. the thing is, they'd get it for logner and longer period of time the more they "share spit" with me in one way or another. so i'd be afraid that one day they'd just not be able to get rid of it at all!

i just wish i could talk about it and accept it. i do think that if we take that first step, somebody else will be able to accpet us too. i honestly have friends who have chronic bb, some of them worse than others... one has BAD bb and bad body odor. he's one of the happiest guy ever, with a beautiful wife and good career.

but the hard part is accepting it myself.

when one has that much self-loathing, how does one expect other people to love you?
californication

Post by californication »

@waitingforrelief " if you can't love yourself how in the hell you gon love somebody else -rupaul
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic