Your Email Address:

First Name:

For digestion issues

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
californication

For digestion issues

Post by californication »

For digestion issues chew your food more thoroughly so your stomach doesnt have to do much work.
as stated on e.how.com
"
Improvement can be seen in the following;

Bad Breath !? (Yes, it's true-your bad breath, probably the cause of digestive issues)
Acid Reflux
Heartburn
GERD
Acne
constipation
diarrhea
Yeast overgrowth
fatigue
depression
food sensitivities
PMS
mood swings

Read more: How to Have a Healthy Digestion | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_2102189_have-he ... z1K7o2jyL5

californication

Instructions
things you'll need:
Enzyme rich foods such as; bananas, mangoes, avocados, plantain, papaya & so forth.
Probiotic rich foods such as; yogurt, kefir, kombucha and so forth.
Suggest Edits

Eliminate refined flour, refined sugar and un(pre)soaked beans.
Overeating these foods, antibiotics and laxatives for many years can put a heavy strain on your digestion.

Eat nutrient dense foods such as;
Whole grains (fermented or sour leavened - ie: natural sourdough breads)
Free range meats (more of the good fats - omega 3)
Organic fruits & vegetables

Slow it down, your not trying to win a race! Relax & CHEW your food.
Proper digestion (beyond nutritious foods) is to slow down to eat it & chew it well, this allows your stomach to catch up and produce the digestive "juices" to digest properly.

Smaller portions (yes, I know this is difficult with all the super sizing). Eating huge amounts of food puts your digestion through a lot of stress and it's unable to complete its task well or barely at all. Basically all that food you ate (even it's healthy) will not be absorbed and utilized very well and neither will the nutrients from it.

Cut back on that big soda! Keep your drinks at meals down to about 1/2 a cup (4 - 6 oz). Don't wash it down with a ton of tea, water, milk, etc.! All this excessive liquid dilutes your digestive juices! So, drink a small amount with your meal and then wait about 20 - 30 minutes to suck down your big glass of whatever.

Enzyme rich foods: They are a beautiful longevity food!
(NOTE: See above for a list.)

Probiotics: The Healthy Bacteria!
It's good to populate your gut with these friendly little guys.
Probiotics not only help digestion, but naturally help your body to fight disease.

Read more: How to Have a Healthy Digestion | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_2102189_have-he ... z1K7oJfxZw
chubbygirl
Junior

Post by chubbygirl »

great post. thanks :)
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

I'll try chewing me food better... I usually eat it as fast as I can. :lol:
Phantasist
Sheriff

Post by Phantasist »

Mike987,

It has been well established by now that you have some serious digestive issues, which could well be the source of your BB. You really should get to work on this - and the sooner the better. As I have told you before, cut out all irritant foods. No anchovy pizza. And not too much coffee either. More foods that produce soft bulk (i.e. steamed vegetables, boiled or baked potatoes). Papaya is a geat fruit for you because of its terrific digestive enzyme. You should eat a slice every day. And take the probiotics which I recommended to you. Californication gave you some great suggestions for whipping your digestive tract into shape. Your condition is not something that can be corrected in a day or two. You will have to make an effort for at least a few weeks to bring about an improvement. Yes, this takes work, but it is worth it. Don't just depend on a doctor to do it for you. There is no magic pill. YOU have to help yourself. Assuming that you don't have a serious illness, like colon cancer (God forbid!), you will be able to heal yourself, if you just make the effort. Believe me, you will be a healthier person, and who knows, it may even get rid of the source of your bad breath. Wouldn't that be great? So get to work; full steam ahead!
The hand we are dealt is fate. How we play the cards is free will.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

Phantasist wrote:Mike987,

It has been well established by now that you have some serious digestive issues, which could well be the source of your BB. You really should get to work on this - and the sooner the better. As I have told you before, cut out all irritant foods. No anchovy pizza. And not too much coffee either. More foods that produce soft bulk (i.e. steamed vegetables, boiled or baked potatoes). Papaya is a geat fruit for you because of its terrific digestive enzyme. You should eat a slice every day. And take the probiotics which I recommended to you. Californication gave you some great suggestions for whipping your digestive tract into shape. Your condition is not something that can be corrected in a day or two. You will have to make an effort for at least a few weeks to bring about an improvement. Yes, this takes work, but it is worth it. Don't just depend on a doctor to do it for you. There is no magic pill. YOU have to help yourself. Assuming that you don't have a serious illness, like colon cancer (God forbid!), you will be able to heal yourself, if you just make the effort. Believe me, you will be a healthier person, and who knows, it may even get rid of the source of your bad breath. Wouldn't that be great? So get to work; full steam ahead!
Thanks Phatasist.

I've been going to a Gastroenterologist Clinic in the last month, with no success. They scoped my stomach, found an Ulcer scar, diagnosed me with mild Gastritis and gave me medication that didn't do anything..

I went back and they, without anymore tests, diagnosed me with Irritable Bowel Syndrome and gave me a powder and a pill to take 10min after meals.. It hasn't done anything.. I ate all the pills..

I actually had my Dad send me that probiotic you recommended, and I had bought it before you mentioned it. The Align, right? Also got another Probiotic to go with it.. But I haven't used these yet.

I wanted to go back to the Doctor and tell him the medicine isn't working and I'd like more tests, and a Colonoscopy.. I don't want to start taking the probiotics only for them to interfere with the activity in my bowels before the Doctor can do more tests... know what I mean?

Even back in the states, when I ate nothing but healthy foods, it didn't do anything. Still shat mud.. Doesn't matter what I eat... And the gassiness and bloating strike me worst when I'm hungry, when there's no food to digest. Why do I get hungry so fast? Why am I not pulling any nutrients from these foods?

I'm a healthy person now.. I have virtually no body fat, I exercise regularly, I don't smoke, don't drink coffee, don't often eat junk (have been doing it lately to try to gain weight), I don't drink Milk anymore and my dairy intake is with a slice of cheese every day or two. I rarely drink alcohol. My diet has varied quite a bit in the last 4 years and there doesn't seem to be any change in the activity of my bowels... or my breath.

My breath used to smell like rotten eggs 4 years ago, along with my shit. Now my breath just smells like shit farts.
californication

@mike987

Are you trying this method of getting a better digestion
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

mike987 wrote:Why do I get hungry so fast? Why am I not pulling any nutrients from these foods?
Isnt this a classic symptom of having parasites in your intestines?
Phantasist
Sheriff

Post by Phantasist »

Mike987,

The probiotics I recommended are "Probiotic Advantage" from Mountain Home Nutritionals, P.O. Box 3277, Lancaster, PA 17604-9923.
These are tiny caplets (like pearls) which are coated so that they will go through your stomach and into the intestines without the stomach acid destroying the good bacteria. Check the website: drdavidwilliams.com.

You say that you are a healthy person now, but it is clear that your colon is not functioning in a healthy way. There seems to be a problem with absorbtion of the liquid in the stool. I don't know what's causing it. So you're right to ask the gastroenterologist to do more tests. Hopefully, it will not be anything serious.

The other thing I recommended to you is papaya because of its digestive enzyme, papain. It will also put some soft bulk into your intestines, which is beneficial. Buy the ones that are yellow (ripe) but not too soft. Slice it in half and scoop out all the seeds. Cut about an inch thick slice the long way, and cut off the ends because they are not as sweet. Then cut away the skin and you can cut the whole slice up into little chunks that will practically melt on your tongue. Refrigerate the rest, but don't keep it for more than seven days.

One more thing. I have wrestled with digestive problems for many years, so I'm speaking from experience. I don't think there is a magic pill. Any improvement you can bring about, whether through diet or my suggestions, will take time. The body cannot heal itself in a day. Hopefully the gastroenterologist will be able to help you, but you also have to do your part to help yourself.
The hand we are dealt is fate. How we play the cards is free will.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

That's right, you did recommend that one. Yeah, I've got some probiotics ready, but I wanna go to the doctor one more time before I started using them.

Do they have a short shelf life? It took a week for my dad to send them to me from the US, so I hope they're still alive and kicking inside those capsules..

As for papaya. I don't think the grocery store has it, but I'll keep my eyes out... I'm not convinced any kind of digestive aid will help since I've been using prescribed medicine for 3 weeks and it hasn't done anything.. but if I see it I'll buy it.

I am soo hoping I have a single easy to remedy problem... like Parasites or some obvious and apparent thing wrong with my insides that a Doc can spot and fix. That would make me so happy.. Sooo happy.

:(
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic