Your Email Address:

First Name:

Metronidazole

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
WickedCurse

Post by WickedCurse »

I'm so tempted to try this metronidazole. Only thing is that I'm not sure what I can tell my doctor so she can prescribe it for me.

I'm so confused as to what the source of my BB is.

When I spend at least 20 minutes in the bathroom flossing, brushing, and cleaning my tongue... I'm free of BB for maybe like 2 minutes. From then on, this milky layer of jello-like substance starts to form over my tongue, teeth, and gums. I've noticed it smells very potent.

After like 10 minutes, I can slowly start to spit it out when it's 'solid' enough.

After I've gotten most of it out, I have noticed that my bb decreases in potency. Also, I have realized that if I WAIT until after I have spat out most of this milky substance, THEN rinse my mouth with my new mouthwash (orazyme), my BB goes down to like 1 (on a scale of 1-10, 10 being very bad).

Can this milky like substance be due to some sort of an infection?

I have always had gastro problems. About half the time after I eat, I get a really bad stomach ache and have to go use the bathroom for #2.

Help please, I don't know what to do to pinpoint my problem!!

fighter
Advanced

Post by fighter »

It sounds like it maybe thrush (oral fungus).
Phantasist
Sheriff

Post by Phantasist »

WickedCurse,

Your gastro problems are most likely the cause of your tongue coating and your bad breath. From what you describe, your digestive system is not functioning properly. It is highly probable that unless your digestive problems are cured, your bad breath will not go away. It will take a good gastroenterologist to diagnose the problem and cure it, and it will most likely take some effort on your part in terms of diet (easily digestible food, no sugar, probiotics, etc.)
The hand we are dealt is fate. How we play the cards is free will.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Wickedcurse, have you asked you doctor for their opinion on this?
WickedCurse

Post by WickedCurse »

To be honest, I haven't seen my doctors in a while. Mostly it's because of college life and the never ending work. It also has to do with the fact that this curse has been so discouraging.

I'm currently in the process of transitioning from a Children's Hopsital to an adult clinic. I am 22 years old and I had to stay at Childrens longer because I have a blood disorder and they were the only ones to specialize in it, until recently.

So now I'm in transition mode to making UCSF my new medical home. I have made a few appointments for this summer (this school year is almost over, yay).

I really hope my bb isn't from gastro problems. That seems to be the most probable one when I think about it. Then it's the white jello-like substance as culprit #2.

Almost always, my bb is of fecal odor, which makes me think that gastro might be the likeliest causes.

I guess I can get a start on my journey this summer when I see a new dentist, gastro doc, and ENT.
Gooner
Junior

Post by Gooner »

Just a brief update for anyone who's interested, I completed the metronadizole course around 4 weeks or so ago.

I no longer suffer from halitosis of the mouth/throat. Flossing my teeth no longer has any smell either. Hopefully this is permanent but I am aware this could be a honeymoon period until it ultimately returns. So far so good though!

Im also exercising more and taking probiotics daily to improve my general wellbeing which is very important.

However, nasal odour is still an issue. ENT appointment tomorrow so im still trying to get to the bottom of that. I noticed someone posted about a form of rhinitis a few days ago, this would make sense in my case so i will be asking about that tomorrow and try to get tested.
mizz123
Junior

UGGHH!

Post by mizz123 »

The problem is they make to much money on stringing people that actually have a problem with it along. They make too much money, even of there is a "real cure" which I am skeptical. They would never give it to us. I have just come to the realization that I am going to live like this forever. It's really sad, I wouldn't wish this on anyone. Well accept maybe for the same people in my life that always have comments. Like why always point it out? Everyone knows about it, why always go out of your way make me feel self conscience and wanna hang myself. i would never do that to someone that has this problem. Not like I know anyone else that has this problem, wish I did it might be a little easier. I just want to once in my life be able to go out socially and not have to worry about having gum and or mouthwash, mints all that gross bullshit that i would never use if I didn't HAVE to. People just don't get the shame involved, I am such a clean person with OCD it kills me inside. Sorry for venting it's been a while since I have been on here because I have given up. If anyone has any new developments PLEASE PM me. Would love to hear what you have to say.

Thanks Mizz.
foxhound

Post by foxhound »

Good luck Gooner that you can keep up your good condition. It woul be really helpful if you keep us updated and tell how things go.
Gooner
Junior

Post by Gooner »

Mizz123 - im inclined to agree with you. Without trying to sound like a conspiracy theorist, the pharmaceutical companies make so much profit from their products it doesnt make business sense to unveil a cure does it. Hay fever and acne to name a couple of examples.

Foxhound - thank you. I will definately report back once things level out and i know for sure whether it worked.

I had my ENT appointment earlier. He had a look inside my nostrils and immediately saw the inflammation and seeping in the left nostril. Not sure if he detected the smell, i didnt even ask as i know its there. He has referred me for a septoplasty operation which he thinks will be the way forward. At risk of repeating myself this started years after mouth/throat halitosis after nasal sprays etc and so im hopeful.

Strangely enough the ENT doctor had halitosis himself which was quite bad and filled his office. This is partly why I didnt mention my odour at risk of it becoming awkward. Maybe he thought the same with me or maybe im reading too much into it lol.
Gooner
Junior

Post by Gooner »

Probably worth mentioning, although there is no odour from my mouth at the moment my tongue coating is still there. It has gone lighter in colour i think but the metronadizole hasnt changed back to 'healthy' pink. Its neither here nor there I hope but shows a coating doesnt always lead to odour in all cases.
Gooner
Junior

Post by Gooner »

I have a dilemma. Since my last post nothing has changed but over the weekend my right foot has ballooned to around twice normal size in places. I think it has stemmed from new shoes causing a blister that has got infected. My hands are red raw and i have pink dots appearing on them. so definately an infection.

Problem is ive done the metronadizole course and want to stay off antibiotics for fear of reversing the positive effects. Its a no brainer ive got to get it looked at and they will prescribe antibiotics but ffs of all the times this could happen! its a cruel joke ive now got to sit in a doctors surgery now for god knows how long stressing about my nasal odour.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

This is not normal, are you sure it is not the side effect of the pills you took?
Gooner
Junior

Post by Gooner »

I would be surprised, i think it is just a case of an infected blister or maybe an insect bite. The rash/dots that appeared on my hands, arms and side of body have started to disappear already but my foot is still really swollen up. The doc didnt know what to make of it but to me it seemed pretty obvious its just a standard infection and the rash that resulted in other areas of the body is just a normal bodily reaction?

Anyway ive been prescribed flucloxacillin for 7 days. Hopefully it wont do any harm in respect of BB.
Gooner
Junior

Post by Gooner »

Just a brief update, the flucloxacillin didnt have any negative impact on BB.

I had a septoplasty operation 17 days ago and still recovering from that. The nasal odour is coming back so it doesnt look like that has worked, although it should help with my breathing so worth it as thats the purpose of the op, but quite disappointing.

BB from mouth and throat is still greatly improved after the metronadizole so it looks like that has permanently worked, it been a few months now.

Its just so frustrating, if i had tried the metro early i wouldnt have been messing around with nasal flushes, wouldnt have damaged my nose and sinuses and could well be cured on all fronts. Ive got to be positive that ill get there eventually and will post more info when that hopefully happens.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic