Your Email Address:

First Name:

vitamins and dry mouth

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
kickn

vitamins and dry mouth

Post by kickn »

ive been taking "natural" supplements for prob about 12 yrs now. took a break from them about a month ago, and noticed my dry mouth went away. looking at some of these ingredients in the multivitamans tablets and capsules its no wonder. alot of them have binders, fillers and coatings, various chemicals that im beginning to wonder just make my PND worse and dry my mouth out. my post nasal is barely noticeable now and i feel i have more saliva... for people who have allergies like myself and are sensitive to things - people that are not normal lol- seems to just magnify the problem, and ive tried just about every supplement out there out of desperation thinking it would help my immune system. im not taking any prescription meds like most ,but just a thought, mabey your whole food supplement mite be making things worse.. if a supplement your taking has: rice flour magnesium stearate in the ingredients there just cheap "fillers" to fill out a capsule and cause sinuse problems. looking close at my multi it has polyvinyl alchahol, talc, FD&C RED NO. 40. doesnt even sound healthy. not too mention alotta these supplements are manufactured in facilities that produce dairy , peanut derived products! just a personal observation- hope it helps somebody- keep an eye out on the "organic", healthy supplements ur takin. : )

mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

I've been taking kids' Flintstones vitamins, or other brands of the equivalent for pretty much my entire life..

This is an interesting angle I hadn't though about... but surely these multivitamins haven't been the source of all my sinus nightmares.

But do tell me how things continue for you.
kickn

Post by kickn »

ive definitely noticed a difference in my PND especially when i wake up. A guy i work w started taking a mushroom formula i used to take,it gives you energy-thats y i took it , but i noticed his breath starting to smell all the time, i work pretty close with him. His breath never smelled before. funny coincidense... can you list the ingredients on that flinstone multi??
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

Ingredients to Flintstones Complete with Choline:

Calcium Phosphate, Sorbitol, Choline Bitartrate, Magnesium Phosphate, Sodium Ascorbate, Ferrous Fumarate, Gelatin, Corn Starch, Vitamin E, Stearic Acid, Carrageenan, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil (Soy Castor), Masgnesium Stearate, Zinc Oxide, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Niacinamide, D-Calcium Pantothenate, FD&C RED 40 Aluminum Lake, Silicon Dioxide, Mono and Di-glycerides, Aspartame+, FD&C Yellow 6 Aluminum Lake, Sucrose, Xylitol, FD&C Blue 2 Aluminum Lake, Cupric Oxide, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Less than 2% of: Beta Carotene, Biotin, Folic Acid, Magnesium Oxide, Monoammonium, Glycyrrhizinate, Potassium Iodide, Riboflavin, Thiamine, Mononitrate, Vitamin A Acetate, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D3 (Cholacalciferol) Contains: Soy

I have other physical issues that point toward BB more than the small amount of ingredients in my daily vitamin, but I suppose if I'm allergic to such a thing it could be causing my other problems.... Or it's at least an interesting theory that I hadn't considered.
antishaz
Total Newbie

Post by antishaz »

A really nice idea. I appreciate it much !

Swanson Vitamins
Last edited by antishaz on Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
missjj
Junior

Post by missjj »

Kickn, have u ever considered candidas as the reason for bb?? Just asking because I have Chronic bb now I think maybe since high school. I am
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic