Your Email Address:

First Name:

Vitamin B Complex - Results & Theory

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
searching
Master
Vitamin B Complex - Results & Theory

Post by searching »

Hello all,

Summary:
My BB is minimal, perhaps gone, while taking an above-average, daily-dosage of Vitamin B Complex orally. My oral-hygiene regimen is dramatically simplified.

Theory: Vitamin B Complex is essential for human-cell metabolism, protein & immunoglobulin synthesis and function, and proper digestion. Vitamin B Complex is thermally-labile, i.e. reduced effectiveness in cooked foods. This may be why a raw diet is effective for some, i.e. absence of heating preserves B-Complex effectiveness.

Detail:
In the past I purchased 100 tablets of Vitamin B Complex after reading it may help to reduce BB. I was doubtful about its efficacy and therefore took a single tablet on rare occasions. They turned my urine a strongly-colored yellow so it was apparent Vitamin B was moving through my system. The result on BB was ambiguous so I stopped taking them.

The remainder of this bottle of vitamins was [again] brought to my attention as I was clearing out a cabinet. I decided to get rid of them by taking an above-average dosage. For the past week I have ingested 2 tablets each morning and 2 tablets each night.

There was an unexpected result. Prolonged absence of BB.

It has only been one week; however, effectively-managing my BB has never been simpler. Twice daily tooth & tongue brushing, and once-daily flossing is my current routine as I continue this period of testing. I have my tonsils. Morning tonsil-stone odor is gone. I am eating all types of cooked, seasoned food. I take no antibiotics nor do I use any type of mouthwash.

I’m using a generic variety of B-Complex.

According to the package label, each tablet contains:
Vitamin B1 as thiamin mononitrate, 100mg, 6667% recommended daily amount
Vitamin B2 as riboflavin, 20mg, 1176% recommended daily amount
Vitamin B3 as niacinamide, 25mg, 125% recommended daily amount
Vitamin B6 as pyridoxine hydrochloride, 2mg, 100% recommended daily amount
Vitamin B12 as cyanocobalamin, 15mcg, 250% recommended daily amount
Folic acid, 400mcg, 100% recommended daily amount
Biotin, 3.8mcg, 1% recommended daily amount
Pantothenic acid as calcium panthenate, 5mg, 50% recommended daily amount
Vitamin C as ascorbic acid, 150mg, 250 % recommended daily amount
Last edited by searching on Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Searching, do you think you are deficient of these vitamins or do you think you are benefiting because you are now taking extra vitamin B-complex? Do you know whether there are reasons why someone might become deficient, such as malabsorption, food intolerance etc, even though they may be seemingly healthy and eat normally?
dick.karma
Advanced

Post by dick.karma »

hi searching, how do you know it's working?
willfindacure

Post by willfindacure »

good for you searching. I have been pescribed with vit B compler due to body weakness and took it for almost 6 weeks, unfortunately bb didnt improve at all.
deebo

Post by deebo »

willfindacure wrote:good for you searching. I have been pescribed with vit B compler due to body weakness and took it for almost 6 weeks, unfortunately bb didnt improve at all.
how about the body weakness ?
searching
Master
Post by searching »

halitosisux wrote:do you think you are deficient of these vitamins or do you think you are benefiting because you are now taking extra vitamin B-complex? Do you know whether there are reasons why someone might become deficient, such as malabsorption, food intolerance etc, even though they may be seemingly healthy and eat normally?
hi halitosisux,

Great questions. I don't have the data to say. Personally, I may have a Vitamin B deficiency, for which I have now met & exceeded. I may be able to reduce the dosage to below the saturation level. I've never placed much faith in vitamin supplements. If this result is real and sustained, perhaps blood analysis can determine the correct dosage and my other nutritional deficiencies.

Could the variable intensity of BB that many observe, be the result of the high/low variation of key-nutrients in our system, set by our variable dietary intake? Could this be why it's difficult to identify the BB cause & effect?
dick.karma wrote:hi searching, how do you know it's working?
hello dick.karma,

My tonsils stopped producing a positive result when subjected to the Finkelstein tonsil smell test mentioned here. The localized high-concentration of the VSC source, including upon waking, appears to be gone.

Orally, there is a qualitative, sustained, improved-difference experienced while taking the B complex. In the past it seemed that my mouth was the location for the body's waste-processing, perhaps because my body was insufficiently-processing those nutrients elsewhere, i.e. normally at the cellular level.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

I think that all of us on here who suffer unexplainably with type-1 BB are more susceptible in some way than normal to having BB and there must be an answer to the reason why.

Something like this is all it could take. I have spent years like everyone else going through possible causes and trying different remedies. Deep down in my body it always felt like there is a kind of force that is linked in some way to whatever it is that causes the placebo effect on our bad breath. It's literally felt like someone teasing and playing tricks on me at times. I'd try the stupidest things and just the thought that it might help, somehow it just did. And then after a while I'd start to feel it wearing off and at this point nothing could make it come back again. I'd try to analyze what I'd done so that I might be able to replicate it but it was futile.

All of this happened while I had a pocket of gum around a single tooth. A situation that you would think would be constant and never vary in the havoc that it created inside my mouth, but yet it did. I think that's why if another person who isn't susceptible to BB has the same situation inside their mouth that I had, it wouldnt cause BB for them the way it did for me. I think something we do not yet understand is behind this. Of course, we know it's all bacterial, but something that is different in all of us who suffer with chronic BB is going on that we are yet to understand. Maybe there's a knock-on effect around the body that somehow boosts our levels of these vitamins temporarily when we introduce something new to our systems. Our BB improves temporarily until that boost wears off. While the levels are boosted, the bacterial activity inside the mouth is reduced.

Searching, the same thing appears to be happening with your tonsil odour while you are experiencing this BB absense.

I wish I had some scientific background to understand even the basics of what might be going on here. But as long as you are able to sustain your absense of BB then there's nothing more to know apart from discovering why a person might find themselves depleted of these important vitamins in the first place and to hopefully deal with that.
ruch
Sheriff

Post by ruch »

searching, where does your bb originate?
searching
Master
Post by searching »

ruch wrote:searching, where does your bb originate?
ruch,

Until recently I thought it was strictly oral. Now I'm not sure. The BB source may possibly be elsewhere.

During this period of Vitamin B complex use, I have regions of scalp-dermatitis (possibly eczema or psoriasis) that have rapidly and completely cleared with no [other] medication or treatment. These inflamed, skin regions have been problematic for decades. The rash disappearance is unambiguous.
deebo

Post by deebo »

searching wrote:
ruch wrote: During this period of Vitamin B complex use, I have regions of scalp-dermatitis (possibly eczema or psoriasis) that have rapidly and completely cleared with no [other] medication or treatment. These inflamed, skin regions have been problematic for decades. The rash disappearance is unambiguous.
hey search . I have been OD'ing on b-complex after reading your post for the last week . at least 4 max b-complex pills a day . At the same time I take 2 bovine colostrum caps ,a papaya enzyme chewable ,chased with coconut yogurt gulp,then water. I'm no dr but i too hav had a scalp issue for decades . This has clear most of the way up. I've been fully raw for around 2 months , i attribute lots on benefits to this too (no body odor,clearing skin...) but my bb has only slightly diminished until the past few days since the B-complex .
I've hoping it holds .

I'm now Almost sure i dont have tmau because of the huge amounts of choline Rich raw greens i've been mowing through. No BO at All and no increase in BB. Plus ,I think b-complex includes choline in high amounts . maybe if i had tmau , the OD of b-complex would make me smell to high heavens !! Luckily this is not the case ...so far.

Anyway ,the B seems to be helping my BB. I hope its not too early to say Thank you Searching .
mindyb
ungrateful trash

Post by mindyb »

Searching-
This is great to hear. I am having help with bentonite clay (liquid now, as its easier to take).
I may add B-complex to my routine, could never hurt.

Please keep us updated (even if the dreaded bb comes back)
Also, do you think it necessary to take it with food, i.e. does it make you sick on an empty stomach?
Best Wishes!!!
hali_grl
Sheriff

Post by hali_grl »

deebo
what % has the b complex helped reduce your bb? im currently taking b12 but im going to purchase the complex variety soon.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

Does complex just refer to the variety of B vitamins included?

I picked up this Vitamin B mix with B1,2,6,12, naicin?,pantoten?,inoxitol? (I'm translating the spelling from katakana so I'm not sure what those last few are suppose to be)

B1=40mg
B2=30mg
B6=30mg
B12=20mcg
ナイアシン=40mg
パントテン=40mg
200mcg of some other thing I can't read, in kanji
イノシトール=50mg

Anyway, it says to take one a day..

I took one when I bought the pills yesterday afternoon,... one before bed.. and one this morning.

My pee was hot neon yellow green... Like Gatorade.

I decided I should see if there are any negative effects of overdosing on B vitamins....

Check this out:

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/vitamin-b-overdose.html

Sounds like there are some serious nervous system effects... I might just take the one pill a day.. This could be seriously damaging, guys. Consider this before you continue taking in extreme excess.
searching
Master
Post by searching »

mindyb wrote:do you think it necessary to take it with food, i.e. does it make you sick on an empty stomach?
mindyb,

I've been taking the B complex with or without food. So far it hasn't upset my stomach.
mike987 wrote:Does complex just refer to the variety of B vitamins included?
Yes.
mike987 wrote:Sounds like there are some serious nervous system effects. This could be seriously damaging, guys. Consider this before you continue taking in extreme excess.
I agree. Please do not take a sustained overdose. I originally took the overdose as a short-term effort.
Last edited by searching on Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
hali_grl
Sheriff

Post by hali_grl »

what % has your bb improved?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic