Your Email Address:

First Name:

A good solution for chronic halitosis ...

Acute halitosis posts goes here
searchingfortruth
Total Newbie
Re: A good solution for chronic halitosis ...

Post by searchingfortruth »

Hi everyone, I've been following this thread because, like everyone else here, I have terrible bad breath which doesn't go away even when I follow an excellent hygiene protocol (brush, floss, scrape tongue, use water floss) etc etc. In case you want to know, people around me have told me all my life that my breath stinks.

I'm from the UK and ordered the Gluten Cutter for £30 (that's £1 per tablet) which is pricey. I took it the first time yesterday just before breakfast and, perhaps it's my imagination, but it seemed to have drastically reduced that horrible, sour taste in my mouth (which seems to come from my throat) and my mouth felt fresh and tongue was pink for around 4 hours, which is a long time for me (my tongue usually starts getting coated after 20 min of brushing my teeth and the sour, metallic taste is always there, even straight after brushing). I went around speaking to people really closely (which i usually shy away from) and there was none of the usual stepping back and pinching their noses).

I then came back home and took another Gluten Cutter before I had my dinner. Granted, I had a very large dinner followed by two small doughnuts. I began to feel sick straight away so I went out for a long walk. 3 hours later I started getting really gassy and couldn't stop burping. I managed to make myself sick just to get some relief but the bloating and burping continued throughout the night. It's the next day and I still haven't fully recovered from yesterday.

It's my fault for eating so much but I'm just wondering if anyone else is having trouble with the enzymes? I really want to start taking them again but I'm scared I may get all those terrible symptoms again. I'm thinking maybe because my meal was so large that there was just too much gluten for the enzymes to break down hence why I ended up really gassy and feeling sick?

Also, has anyone tried the Sura Vitasan? They're cheaper to ship to the UK so I may try those. I'm really hoping something works for me - I'm getting so desperate and depressed.

bozo
Junior

Post by bozo »

sura vitasan enzymes seems to work. not sure by how much. maybe gluten cutter is better?

but enzymes are certainly doing something. after 1 pill i had turned my bowl content into a brick. never had to struggle like i did with that thing before. but now it has changed, pooped 4 times the other day. i think thats a record for me. dunno whats going on in my gut.

but im only taking 1 pill per day, with a massive cheat meal. i eat two fruit veg meals as well. starting to pile on weight now.

corona virus is messing shit up as well, could affect my nerves and gut
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

bozo wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:06 pm sura vitasan enzymes seems to work. not sure by how much. maybe gluten cutter is better?

but enzymes are certainly doing something. after 1 pill i had turned my bowl content into a brick. never had to struggle like i did with that thing before. but now it has changed, pooped 4 times the other day. i think thats a record for me. dunno whats going on in my gut.

but im only taking 1 pill per day, with a massive cheat meal. i eat two fruit veg meals as well. starting to pile on weight now.

Interesting.
Are you taking them Sura Vista pills before, during or after the meal? Also, did you have any additional gas in the stomach?
I think it's either Gluten Cutter or Grapefruit Seed extract pills that cause me some additional gas.
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

searchingfortruth wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:29 pm Hi everyone, I've been following this thread because, like everyone else here, I have terrible bad breath which doesn't go away even when I follow an excellent hygiene protocol (brush, floss, scrape tongue, use water floss) etc etc. In case you want to know, people around me have told me all my life that my breath stinks.

I'm from the UK and ordered the Gluten Cutter for £30 (that's £1 per tablet) which is pricey. I took it the first time yesterday just before breakfast and, perhaps it's my imagination, but it seemed to have drastically reduced that horrible, sour taste in my mouth (which seems to come from my throat) and my mouth felt fresh and tongue was pink for around 4 hours, which is a long time for me (my tongue usually starts getting coated after 20 min of brushing my teeth and the sour, metallic taste is always there, even straight after brushing). I went around speaking to people really closely (which i usually shy away from) and there was none of the usual stepping back and pinching their noses).

I then came back home and took another Gluten Cutter before I had my dinner. Granted, I had a very large dinner followed by two small doughnuts. I began to feel sick straight away so I went out for a long walk. 3 hours later I started getting really gassy and couldn't stop burping. I managed to make myself sick just to get some relief but the bloating and burping continued throughout the night. It's the next day and I still haven't fully recovered from yesterday.

It's my fault for eating so much but I'm just wondering if anyone else is having trouble with the enzymes? I really want to start taking them again but I'm scared I may get all those terrible symptoms again. I'm thinking maybe because my meal was so large that there was just too much gluten for the enzymes to break down hence why I ended up really gassy and feeling sick?

Also, has anyone tried the Sura Vitasan? They're cheaper to ship to the UK so I may try those. I'm really hoping something works for me - I'm getting so desperate and depressed.
Probably it's the gluten cutter but I am not sure. I got some gas issues as well which were borderline uncomfortable.
I did not burp a lot but clearly felt this somewhat painful additional gas on the left side of my tummy. But the difference is. I took the pill before breakfast and gas started to trouble me around 7 PM. So there was a delay of about 10 hours.
I did not take another pill before dinner.

However, last night, I took a pill AFTER dinner and went to sleep. Yes, there was gas again and I had a few large farts at about mid night early morning. Perhaps we need to reduce the amount of food by 1/2 and try again.

There is another pill called "Beano". It stops creating gas in the stomach before it even begins. You need to take it just before the meals. It also has enzymes and whatnot. I will give it a try.
bozo
Junior

Post by bozo »

KL123 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:33 pm

Interesting.
Are you taking them Sura Vista pills before, during or after the meal? Also, did you have any additional gas in the stomach?
I think it's either Gluten Cutter or Grapefruit Seed extract pills that cause me some additional gas.
i take a couple bites of food then the pill, bottle saids not to take on empty stomac. whats the instruction on gluten cutter? and do they work for you?

probably more gassy now but they dont really smell.
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

bozo wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:20 am
KL123 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:33 pm

Interesting.
i take a couple bites of food then the pill, bottle saids not to take on empty stomac. whats the instruction on gluten cutter? and do they work for you?

probably more gassy now but they dont really smell.
Gluten Cutter has the same sort of directions. Take a pill right before you start the meal.
It surely creates gas which is borderline uncomfortable and feels as if the gas is stuck on the left side of the stomach and creates a temporary light pain; however, last night I took it with a pill of Beano Ultra.
The gas was produced but it wasn't stuck in the tummy anymore. I would easily pass it.

I will continue the routine for a few days and see if taking Beano Ultra with Gluten Cutter and Grapefruit Seed Extract makes any difference.

I think it would help to avoid gassy foods like beans, lentils, cauliflower etc.
mtr
Advanced

Post by mtr »

bozo wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:06 pm sura vitasan enzymes seems to work. not sure by how much. maybe gluten cutter is better?

Hello bozo,

I have ordered sura vitasan online as well, only to realise after using them for a few days that I was sent similar but not the enzymes I have ordered (dreadful customer service experience after contacting them trying to fool me in a cheap way!!). I was sent 'Enzymas Vegetales' and not 'Enzymas' which they have different ingredients.

I found the 'Enzymas' and ordered them from another website but they just sent me an email that they are out of stock.

So could you please tell me what is the exact name of the enzymes you ordered from Sura Vitasan?

I persist on wanting to buy them as I believe that they are the ones that the writer of this thread was taking!!

Thanks
KL123
Sheriff

Post by KL123 »

Can you tell us the website you ordered from?
simple
Advanced

Post by simple »

Hi StillHoping, very happy to hear you found a solution! =D> How have you been so far? Do the enzymes and alkaline diet work for you now as well? Do you follow the diet?
I also have same kind of bb as you described yours. I have chronic pancreatitis since childhood and so far have tried the pancreatic enzymes only (lipase, amylase, protease) - but to no avail. Did you ever have problems with pancreas?
StillHoping wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:27 am hey everyone, I just want to testify that this has worked for me in case it can also help others out there. So huge thanks to the original poster! I was able to find a brand that had everything the OP listed [except just maltese is missing I think] and it got rid of my fart/nasal smell within 24 hours. I was actually quite shocked and still kindof in disbelief but it looks like this was the issue for me. I started using it over the Christmas Holidays purposely
because I was eating quite poorly/ lots of junk food and it still worked for me - its been a month now and fart/nasal smell has still not returned. I highly recommend this to anyone who has SIBO or digestive issues - or even if maybe you just have a fart like smell and want to test it out, it doesn't hurt to try. Just make sure it has all the enzymes the OP listed. Because of this progress, I am going to try everything else the OP listed by the end of the month: alkaline diet etc
StillHoping
Sheriff
Canada

Post by StillHoping »

simple wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 11:24 pm Hi StillHoping, very happy to hear you found a solution! =D> How have you been so far? Do the enzymes and alkaline diet work for you now as well? Do you follow the diet?
I also have same kind of bb as you described yours. I have chronic pancreatitis since childhood and so far have tried the pancreatic enzymes only (lipase, amylase, protease) - but to no avail. Did you ever have problems with pancreas?
Hi Simple, I actually stopped using it regularly as it was causing me to feel very bloated over time. I now take it just once a week or if I eat some really bad junk food. It seems diet is the most important factor for me; I try to stick to a strict low fodmap diet if I have to go somewhere/socialize, typically on weekends.
2012: Wisdoms remov
2015: Tonsils+adenoids remov
2017: TMAU1 & 2 Negative
2019: Internal biopsies normal
2019: Completed SIBO treatment
2020: DigEnzymes help but side effects
+ low fodmap/GERD diet also help
simple
Advanced

Post by simple »

StillHoping, that’s good that the diet is working! So, you think you could have sibo all along? Did you take any other supplements, like antimicrobials, biofilm busters, as they help with sibo?

I find it very interesting that the ezymes worked very fast - I think you mentioned they cured bb immediately? Or was it because you started low Fodmap diet since taking enzymes?

If the first is true, maybe it breaks the substances in food to a simpler form to be absorbed quickly and bypasses the bacteria breaking up those substances instead, what do you think? If my thinking is right, after taking these enzymes for a while, the microbiome will adjust and the effect of the enzymes could linger given the appropriate diet is followed.
StillHoping wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 2:06 am Hi Simple, I actually stopped using it regularly as it was causing me to feel very bloated over time. I now take it just once a week or if I eat some really bad junk food. It seems diet is the most important factor for me; I try to stick to a strict low fodmap diet if I have to go somewhere/socialize, typically on weekends.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic