Your Email Address:

First Name:

Sugar Imbalances and BB?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
hali_grl
Sheriff

Sugar Imbalances and BB?

Post by hali_grl »

Ok ive been chatting with Dr.Combs and he seems to suggest I may have bb due to blood sugar imbalances at first I kind of dismissed the idea and was like ok on with the candida plan but now after just eating it seems as though my breath gets better after of while im eating and get its worst when ive gone hours without eating. Does anyone else have this same problem?

Here is the Dr.Combs protocl for blood sugar imbalance:
If you get tired, irritable, sleepy, or moody when you go too long without food, you most likely have a low blood sugar issue (hypoglycemia). Hypoglycemia can affect the following: estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, and thyroid hormones; suppress the immune system; cause adrenal fatigue, sugar cravings and promote inflammation; and cause various disturbances in the nervous system such as anxiety, depression, nervousness, brain fog, etc. Many people will have both hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia/insulin resistance (tired after meals) during the day. This protocol helps with both. You’ll need to eat at least a small handful of food every 45-60 minutes (60 minutes usually works). That can be 1/3 of a celery stick or carrot, ¼ of an apple, ½ of an avocado, a rice cake, a meal, some veggies, etc., to keep your blood sugar balanced. It is very important that you follow this strictly, as almost doesn’t work. Anyone with problems handling fruit, should stick to celery, meats, avocado, etc., for snacks. Celery is very easy to prepare and carry with you. Plan your day around having enough of something with you at all times. As an example - if you eat breakfast at 8am, then snack at 9, 10, 11; lunch at 12; snack at 1, 2, 3, 4; dinner at 5; snack at 6, 7, 8, 9, 10; bedtime. Have a snack as soon as you get up, then go about getting ready for your day and making breakfast. It is important to do this for at least 4 months. Additionally, it’s important to start the day with protein and have protein at every meal.

mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

Say, this could be something..

I'm always..
- hungry
- depressed
- anxious
- sleepy
- when I work out, I start yawning and feeling exhausted not long into it
- brain fog all the time..

But yeah, I first started investigating my stomach issues with one of my main symptoms as 'if I don't eat every 3 hours I get so hungry it hurts'

I'm hungry all the time.

Problem is, even if I do eat constantly, or even just after eating, my BB is still there, though it doesn't feel as bad. .. But yeah, it always does seem at it's worst if I haven't eaten in a couple or a few hours.

What's the point of doing this for 4 months? Is that going to adjust the imbalance?.. Is there some kind of insulin shot I can take instead?
hali_grl
Sheriff

hypochlorhydria vs. hypoglycemia

Post by hali_grl »

hey mike
i found this article on here posted by Jimi
http://www.badbreathhalitosis.com/artic ... CauseofBad

I'm not sure if by four months if it helps to regulate this imbalance but like it suggest in the link Dr.Combs also told me to try taking HCL with pepsin. im going to take the hcl w/ pepsin and digestive enzymes along with following his plan bc if i do have this imbalance im pretty sure candida is the reason why i think this may actually work.

*are these two even related?

*lately ive been up all night surfing the net trying to figure out how to beat this thing
Free2breath911
Junior

Post by Free2breath911 »

When my bb first began.....sugar imbalance was my first thought. Well...that is after seeing a million dentist.
But hali what is pepsin and hcl?

I really really really think bb is connected to sugar levels.
hali_grl
Sheriff

Post by hali_grl »

hydrochloric acid (hcl) is an acid that is suppose to naturally be in our stomach to help breakdown food but if you dont have enough of in the digestive tract than the food basically just sits there and rotts. pepsin is a digestive enzyme that helps breakdown food as well. i believe this maybe my problem because when i feel constipated my bb feels worst like the food is just rotting inside of me. i going to take these supplements as well as digestive enzymes because their are particular ones that help breakdown sugar, carbs, proteins, fats, etc. i think that more of us should look more to our digestive tract for the reasons of why we suffer from bb. i use to be one those that always dismissed the idea that bb cane from our digestive tract i thought it came from just the bacteria in the mouth but after learning more and more about it i think it makes sense now. we have very strong bad breath that can be smelt feets away that doesnt come from just bacteria in the mouth or even nose i think it comes from rotting food inside of alot of us. look at it this way imagine puting a garbage can full of food out in the hot sun and leaving it outside in the penetrating sun for the whole summer can you imagine the smell when you open the lid, OMG! what im saying is if you have type 1 or controllable bb the bacteria in the mouth maybe the cause but if you bb so strong you can smell it feets away i think the dg tract is what we should be looking into. heres some info from http://www.enzymestuff.com/basicswhichenzyme.htm
Digestive enzymes are enzymes that break down food into usable material. The major different types of digestive enzymes are:

• amylase – breaks down carbohydrates, starches, and sugars which are prevalent in potatoes, fruits, vegetables, and many snack foods

• lactase – breaks down lactose (milk sugars)
• diastase – digests vegetable starch
• sucrase – digests complex sugars and starches
• maltase – digests disaccharides to monosaccharides (malt sugars)
• invertase – breaks down sucrose (table sugar)
• glucoamylase – breaks down starch to glucose
• alpha-glactosidase – facilitates digestion of beans, legumes, seeds,
roots, soy products, and underground stems

• protease – breaks down proteins found in meats, nuts, eggs, and cheese

• pepsin – breaks down proteins into peptides
• peptidase – breaks down small peptide proteins to amino acids
• trypsin – derived from animal pancreas, breaks down proteins
• alpha – chymotrypsin, an animal-derived enzyme, breaks down proteins
• bromelain – derived from pineapple, breaks down a broad spectrum of proteins, has anti-inflammatory properties, effective over very wide pH range
• papain – derived from raw papaya, broad range of substrates and pH, works well breaking down small and large proteins

• lipase – breaks down fats found in most dairy products, nuts, oils, and meat

• cellulase – breaks down cellulose, plant fiber; not found in humans

• other stuff

• betaine HCL – increases the hydrochloric acid content of the upper digestive system; activates the protein digesting enzyme pepsin in the stomach (does not influence plant- or fungal-derived enzymes)
• CereCalase™ – a unique cellulase complex from National Enzyme Company that maximizes fiber and cereal digestion and absorption of essential minerals; an exclusive blend of synergistic phytase, hemicellulase, and beta-glucanase
• endoprotease – cleaves peptide bonds from the interior of peptide chains
• exoprotease – cleaves off amino acids from the ends of peptide chains
• extract of ox bile – an animal-derived enzyme, stimulates the intestine to move
• fructooligosaccharides (FOS) – helps support the growth of friendly intestinal microbes, also inhibits the growth of harmful species
• L-glutamic acid – activates the protein digesting enzyme pepsin in the stomach
• lysozyme – an animal-derived enzyme, and a component of every lung cell; lysozyme is very important in the control of infections, attacks invading bacterial and viruses
• papayotin – from papaya
• pancreatin – an animal-derived enzyme, breaks down protein and fats
• pancrelipase – an animal-derived enzyme, breaks down protein, fats, and carbohydrates
• pectinase – breaks down the pectin in fruit
• phytase – digests phytic acid, allows minerals such as calcium, zinc,
copper, manganese, etc. to be more available by the body, but does not break down any food proteins
• xylanase – breaks down xylan sugars, works well with grains such as corn

Other general terms for enzymes referring to their general action instead of specific action

Endopeptidase: Enzymes that cleave proteins only on the inside
Exopeptidase: Enzymes that cleave proteins only on the outside (terminal) part
Aminopeptidase: Exopeptidase that cleaves at the amino terminating end
Carboxypeptidase: Exopeptidase that cleaves at the carboxy terminating end
snoopsister
Sheriff

Post by snoopsister »

I know my problem is digestion. I suffer from constipation and when I eat the food just sits there where I can taste it for hours. I am off to a herbalist today for some enzymes and possibly something else she will give me. wish me God speed everyone! don't give up hope!!! :D
cope

Post by cope »

Last edited by cope on Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hali_grl
Sheriff

Post by hali_grl »

snoop
can u pls let me know what she suggest bc indigestion is one of my problems too when im constipated i can seem to smell it through my pores it smells like garbage.

*this just started happening my menstrual is about to come and i heard it can make the smell worse.
marc
Total Newbie

Post by marc »

Haligirl have you done the stomach acid test? It seems like a lot of us may have either low or high stomach acid levels.

http://www.drdebe.com/stomach-acid-assessment.html
hali_grl
Sheriff

Post by hali_grl »

marc
the link isnt working properly for me but if its the drinking b.soda test ive done this several times on an empty stomach 1st thing in the am and it seems my levels are normal i burp 1-2x in the first 2 mins. Dr. Mccombs says that how my body reacts is a better indicator he says i should feel hungry a couple hrs after eating a steak which i never do its like it just sits there and rots. i believe too the majority of our issues with severe bb comes from the gut.
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

Sugar is bad. In trying to find the worse food culprit, I'd have to say it's between sugar and milk. Wheat gluten a close third.

These things have a direct impact on my breath and mucous production. The sticky acidic, bitter, thick mass of mucous that seems to coat my entire esophagus from the stomach to the throat seems to be the best gauge of the impact those food products have on me.

With my lifestyle, where I live, my daily activities, I can't avoid 100% of the things that upset me internally. Even if I could, I am not even sure I have the discipline needed to stay committed to any sort of strict diet. Sometimes, food is the only source of happiness, and I need to feel good sometimes, in order to function socially and especially at work. When I try to avoid too much, it affects my personality and behavior.

So it's an ever long test of finding what foods satisfy me without causing too much problems, something I can stick with, and try to control my BB.
deebo

Post by deebo »

elliott wrote:Sugar is bad.
i really feel like not all 'sugar' is the same and even then it depends on what its combined with . Being on 75+% raw fruit sugar for the past 3 month with reduced BB and BO changes my mind on things. Of course iv had about 0% dairy and wheat gluten on this diet ,but this surely increased my raw sugar intake by triple if not more.

I think this is not the same as having a donut which is laden with fat ,processed sugar ,low if any fiber ,water or life. To me ,food like that are a fast road to candida overgrowth and a host of other problems plus cravings for more .
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic