Your Email Address:

First Name:

Active Members...

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
hali_grl
Sheriff

Active Members...

Post by hali_grl »

I wanted to know are there any other members on this forum who are actively searching for a bb cure. I haven't really seen many new interesting post about possible causes or solutions me & a couple other members posted a few but I see hundreds of ppl viewing a thread but not that many post about beating this thing. Are there any other proactive members that have info to share regarding causes or methods or just fyi's?
I'm up on this computer to the wee hours surfing the net trying to come up with some info to beat this thing. Because I am not going to accept spending my life like this not even the next 2-3 years like this. Call it postive or wishful thinking but I'm actually putting action behind it. Ive come up with something that i believe will work for me but i don't want to get into the details until I actually start doing it and see how it works. But just to explain in basics 70% of the immune system is based off the digestive tract thats more than half so you can imagine if the dg tract is off so will be the immune system. Obviously for all of us suffers no matter what the cause of our bb it is due to a slow or imbalanced immune response which allow the bacteria, fungi, parasites or whatever to grow increasingly and not being able to fully fight off or heal infections or damage. A depleted immune system is what causes the indigestion, acid reflux, sinusities, candida, diabetes, organ problems, or whatever our particular bb causes are. So I think getting the dg tract balanced is the way to go. I think that taking hcl supplements for low acid or chlorophyll for alkalinity or even digestive enzymes are wonderful which is why the raw food diet seems to work on curing or reducing our bb but the problem with those things is the fact that were supplementing for our bodies the natural responses they are suppose to make on their own which in turn may make it even more sluggish which is why when we stop doing those things the bb comes back are bodies should already produce the right balance. I think to beat this we need to cleanse & balance our digestive tract, detox, and build up our immune system so our bodies can act in the way that it was intended to and really beat this thing "naturally".

mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

Right now I can't say I'm onto anything..

I thought cutting gluten out of my diet was doing something.. it certainly made my bowel movements more solid, gave me less stomach aches, gas, etc etc...

But I don't even think I have the allergy, but for whatever reason, perhaps because gluten is difficult to digest, and I happen to have digestion issues, that's why I've seen improvements in what my bowels are doing.

... And yet, my BB is bad.. My shit was more solid than usual today, I had some confidence, since usually I gauge my breath on the viscosity of my stool,.. but I guess there's no justification for that after all. since from my first class, I had student reactions. Keep in mind, I just ate breakfast, brushed my teeth, AND was sucking on a ****ing sugarless vitamin C 'candy'.

I know it stinks because it's really humid today, and apart from the whiffs I could catch of it in the classroom, huffing and puffing on my bike ride home, I could momentarily smell it.

Here's what I ate today, but my BB was apparently there throughout the whole day anyway

Breakfast
- Whey Protein Drink (this is literally the only trace of dairy I ever consume)
- 3 mashed up baked potatoes with nothing but olive oil
- Handful of nuts and seeds mix, which included peanuts, almonds, walnuts, some green seeds, dried raisin and cranberry (usually don't even have the dried fruit in there)
- 100% Fruit Juice
- Sugarless Vitamin C tablet

Lunch
- Some Sushi without soy sauce (because it usually contains gluten)
- Carton of Orange Juice
- Minerals Vitamin Jelly
- More nuts and seeds mix

I cut out junk food, I haven't drank in a month, I don't smoke.

My regular meals are basically white rice or potatoes.
With those, I'll either eat egg, fish, or less often, chicken.

Occasionally I'll have a couple micro slices of bacon.
This diet is ridiculously healthy. I am handsome, young, smart, witty, if you can get me started talking, and I want to ****ing live. I'm so sick of forcing my self to be an introvert just so I don't have to see those god damn reactions. UUUUUGGHhhh.

What the hell is wrong with me??

Oh, so anyway, beyond the gluten free diet, I:

- regularly brush well with an assortment of brushes
- floss with a waterpik
- just went to the dentist and had some cavities filled (my tongue seems to stay whiter longer these days, but that doesn't seem to have any bearing on my BB unfortunately)
- when desperate, like if I'm going to spend time with a girl, I vigorously use Baking Soda gargle which SEEMS to help somehow though it might just be something I cling to.. It does keep the tongue whiter longer, so technically, I OUGHT to have amazing breath, but I think the BB is deeper than the mouth..
- taking vitamin B complex (just once a day, because overdosing on it sounds terribly dangerous
- probiotic 2 or 3 times a day
- Allergy medicine to keep PND at a low

*sigh* .. Today, for whatever reason, I woke up to the Eczema on my finger to be really bad.. like waay worse than usual, which is either virtually undetectable or slightly irritated. Today it was really messed up.. Even a small patch in a spot on my hand I didn't know I had it. Those antifungals I had my Dad send me can't come soon enough... Those seemed to work in subduing that.. No idea if it's related to breath, but I know it's related to state of the immune system.

](*,) ](*,)
lost1234
Junior

Post by lost1234 »

Ok, so i was just going through some old post and read that aydimur said if you take metronidazole and it had no effect at all, it could be type 1 or type 3 halitosis. I just got finished with my course and it did nothing. I have been to a few ent's a few times who recommended acid reflux. I have always dismissed it because I feel I never have heartburn. Then I looked into LPR (silent reflux.) They say LPR sufferers rarely have heartburn. I'm going to discuss this with both my ENT and regular doctor and see what they have to say. I have always been thinking my sinuses until now. So just some words of wisdom, look through old post. You never know if you miss little things.
hali_grl
Sheriff

Post by hali_grl »

mike
im no nutriotionalist but it seems like your diet has alot of protein, carbs, and sugars in it that would feed the bad bacteria. im going to do a cleanse plan as well as add my own things in it and see it that helps for my bb. i don't want to mention it until i try it and get good results..

lost
yea i was thinking LPR maybe my cause as well as others but LPR came from something in itself so im going to balance my body on out to address the underline cause.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

Protein and carbs would be bad if I had TMAU... but that's unlikely. (Would still like to get it checked out sometime)

But you know, sometimes it's easy to think all these conditions are all the same thing, which isn't true. There's no reason I should be getting bad breath from eating rice and potatoes and a little fish.

Btw, I haven't always been eating rice and potatoes.. I just did this for the gluten diet in the last month.. before that I would just eat normal things, though without too much junk food.. I've tried eating such a variety of things in the past, though I've never done anything raw.

I'm in good shape, but if I don't eat constantly I WILL lose weight.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

@mike, why dont you just have a test for gluten intolerance? I see self-test kits for $5 in my local pharmacist. This is something you either have or you dont and it's a simple test to find out.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

halitosisux wrote:@mike, why dont you just have a test for gluten intolerance? I see self-test kits for $5 in my local pharmacist. This is something you either have or you dont and it's a simple test to find out.
Well not long ago I went to a Gastroenterologist to try and fix my indigestion issues (hoping it would cure my BB)

They kept saying IBS, although the medicine they kept giving me didn't do anything. I had the stomach scoped.. I had my ass inspected too.. I had a blood test, until finally I was talking to the nurse and she said 'you're not sick'.. I said 'well I still have these symptoms' .. she asked if I'd like more medicine.. I said 'it hasn't been helping' ... They just sort of gave up.

I had my Japanese friend translate everything I thought my problem might be (parasite, gluten intolerance, bacteria overgrowth, etc etc) to which they responded dumbfoundedly, asking if my friend was a Doctor (I didn't tell them it was me who researched all the info) .. I'm not sure they have a clue what they're doing beyond identifying obvious problems, like tumors, and giving old people placebo drugs..

I figured it would have been something they'd check for in the blood test they took, but maybe not....
So yeah, I guess I'd like to go to a good doc sometime, back in America.

Can you show me what the product you're talking about looks like in your drug store? I'm living in Japan and doubt they have it here, but if it's an American product, I can have my dad send it to me sometime.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Mike, maybe it might be worth asking the gastrointestinal doctors you went to see whether they did a gluten intolerance test. Since you have a language barrier for medical terms etc, there could have been some misunderstanding. This is such a simple antibody blood test and would be routine for anyone performing such investigations, but you just never know.

Here at Boots in the UK they sell this kit:-
http://www.boots.com/en/Biotech-Biocard ... est_52112/
It's £20 as you can see but I'm sure you can easily find them available to order from other online pharmacies for much less.
A doctor would normally have no problem in sending away a blood sample for this test, if that would cost you less.
If you haven't yet tested for helicobacter, you can also get a very similar self-diagnosis kit:-
http://www.novadetox.co.uk/acatalog/hom ... t-kit.html
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic