Your Email Address:

First Name:

I need answers (metronidazole and probiotics)

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
jen87
Total Newbie

I need answers (metronidazole and probiotics)

Post by jen87 »

I have been reading these forums now for roughly 2 weeks. I started a 7 day course of metro for a bacterial infection and to my surprise my BB (which I've always had) was cured. Temporarily. I started searching and stumbled across this site. My questions were about using the Metro as a mouthwash. How do I mix it? Does it have adverse effects? I didn't experience any reactions when I ingested it. My other questions was about using probiotics as well. Are there certain ones I should use? Is it a mouthwash or a pill? I'm obviously a newbie. Any help would be nice. I want my life to be fulfilled but BB has been such a curse.

My story really fast. I'm a 24 yr old female. I've had my tonsils and adenoids removed. I've used countless products. I'm not sure what my breath smells like but I know it's not good. No one has ever told me directly. But if I don't brush my teeth every few hours my saliva literally feels like it's burning my mouth. My gums burn. It's very uncomfortable. And if I don't eat first thing in the morning my breath (even after brushing) is like I never brushed at all. I have horrible morning breath. Always have. It's so embarrassing because I'm very clean. When I was using the metro my mouth finally felt clean for once! It was a slightly metallic taste but I didn't mind it at all. My mouth wasn't burning anymore. I've only had 2 cavities, and my dentist told me there was absolutely nothing wrong with my teeth or gums. They're are sparkly white! my tongue is disgusting though. Always white coated and my dentist DID say that I had abnormal looking tissue in the back of my throat. Didn't surprise me much. I am constantly having to spit out disgusting smelling, and colored mucus from the back of my throat. Does anyone have a clue what is going on in my mouth? Anny help would appreciated. Thanks!

halitosisux

Re: I need answers (metronidazole and probiotics)

Post by halitosisux »

jen87 wrote:I am constantly having to spit out disgusting smelling, and colored mucus from the back of my throat. Does anyone have a clue what is going on in my mouth? Anny help would appreciated. Thanks!
This may be a stupid question if you've had your tonsils and adenoids removed, but have you had your nose and sinuses investigated by an ENT? disgusting smelling coloured mucus is absolutely not normal.
jen87
Total Newbie

Post by jen87 »

Thanks for the quick reply. I have been to several ENTs but I don't know how thorough the investigation was. Basically she saw me, took a look at my throat and showed me what my adenoids looked like and immediately wanted them removed. I only saw her once more after they were removed for a follow up... but luckily after they were removed I never got any more sinus infections but I still have PND. Very very bad. And the mucus is very thick. And green sometimes. As gross as this sounds, I will be spitting up mucus that tastes like whatever I ate, even hours after I eat it. And it burns. Any ideas?
jen87
Total Newbie

Post by jen87 »

And why would the metronidazole clear up my BB? That's what I don't understand.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Adenoids can get so swollen that they interfere with the nose and sinuses. As you said, your ENT decided they wanted to remove your adenoids and tonsils as soon as they saw them. They may have assumed that once your adenoids are removed, any evident nasal/sinus congestion would resolve itself. But it looks like it hasnt. You may have chronic sinusitis which developed as a result. Green mucus is a sign of bacterial infection.

Metronidazole is an antibiotic. You may find that when you stop taking it or shortly after you do, your BB returns. I hope not, but the only reason it may be helping you at this stage is because it's acting on your normal oral bacteria. If the effect lasts, you may have found that your BB has been cured for the same reason many others who take metronidazole also get permanently cured, and that is because you've managed to eradicate some kind of infection somewhere in your body, which in your case is probably in your sinuses. But if you still have this green mucus, then you probably havent achieved this and your BB is very likely to return soon after you finish this metro course.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic