Your Email Address:

First Name:

I have no hope left

Anger management part of the forum :), where you can express anger, sadness, sorrow etc.
Swede114
Total Newbie

I have no hope left

Post by Swede114 »

I have been living with bad breath for as long as I remembered. The first time I was made aware of it was when I was in my early teens and my best friend wrote a note to me "Your breath stinks" and from then on she never missed an opportunity to tell me over and over that I had bad breath. I have always been a happy and optimistic person thinking that eventually I'll find something that will cure my bb. I have been easygoing and positive and active, but I no longer see the point, and have now realized that it's not going to get any better. I went to Dr Gunnar Wahab in Stockholm a few years ago and did a Halimeter test (showed 130) and deep cleaning of my tongue, which improved my breath, even though it wasn't permanent. I visited him twice a year for a few years, but a couple of years ago he passed and my breath has gotten worse since then.

I have now suffered for over 20 years and I now have no more hope. I am depressed and lonely (I have no one to talk to about this issue, my family has always ignored it and has never said a word about it). The only reason I'm not committing s*****e is because I know that it would destroy my parents and I don't want to put them through that. But sometimes I secretly wish that they could die so that I can put myself out of this misery. I know it's awful, but I can't go on any more. I hardly have any friends, I've never had a boyfriend (I am now 36), and I also think the bb is getting worse. Previously in my life, although most people have kept their distance and some have made comments, most people have been respectful and tried not to hurt my feelings. But recently some of my colleagues are starting to make comments about other people who smell, most recently today at lunch, when my three colleagues discussed a number of people who smelled and it was obvious that they wanted me to take a hint and start brushing my teeth (as if I don't!). My biggest fear is that they will say something about my bb out loud in front of everyone or talk to my boss about it so that she will have to discuss it with me. I would be so humiliated and devastated if that happens. I don't know what to do anymore, I don't want this lonely life with bb, but I can't end it.

People around me perceive me as a really strong and confident person, but that's not really the truth, that's just the wall I've built around myself to prevent me from being hurt. But I've now lost all my hope and feel myself falling into a depression. I don't want people to look at me as this disgusting, smelly person. If feel worthless and ashamed and no longer have any hope left for a better future.

I'm sorry for the long text, but I don't know where else to turn, I don't have anyone to talk to about this.
Ps. Please don't write any nasty comments or tell me to cheer up, it doesn't help.

john_bb
Advanced

Re: I have no hope left

Post by john_bb »

Swede114 wrote:I have been living with bad breath for as long as I remembered. The first time I was made aware of it was when I was in my early teens and my best friend wrote a note to me "Your breath stinks" and from then on she never missed an opportunity to tell me over and over that I had bad breath. I have always been a happy and optimistic person thinking that eventually I'll find something that will cure my bb. I have been easygoing and positive and active, but I no longer see the point, and have now realized that it's not going to get any better. I went to Dr Gunnar Wahab in Stockholm a few years ago and did a Halimeter test (showed 130) and deep cleaning of my tongue, which improved my breath, even though it wasn't permanent. I visited him twice a year for a few years, but a couple of years ago he passed and my breath has gotten worse since then.

I have now suffered for over 20 years and I now have no more hope. I am depressed and lonely (I have no one to talk to about this issue, my family has always ignored it and has never said a word about it). The only reason I'm not committing s*****e is because I know that it would destroy my parents and I don't want to put them through that. But sometimes I secretly wish that they could die so that I can put myself out of this misery. I know it's awful, but I can't go on any more. I hardly have any friends, I've never had a boyfriend (I am now 36), and I also think the bb is getting worse. Previously in my life, although most people have kept their distance and some have made comments, most people have been respectful and tried not to hurt my feelings. But recently some of my colleagues are starting to make comments about other people who smell, most recently today at lunch, when my three colleagues discussed a number of people who smelled and it was obvious that they wanted me to take a hint and start brushing my teeth (as if I don't!). My biggest fear is that they will say something about my bb out loud in front of everyone or talk to my boss about it so that she will have to discuss it with me. I would be so humiliated and devastated if that happens. I don't know what to do anymore, I don't want this lonely life with bb, but I can't end it.

People around me perceive me as a really strong and confident person, but that's not really the truth, that's just the wall I've built around myself to prevent me from being hurt. But I've now lost all my hope and feel myself falling into a depression. I don't want people to look at me as this disgusting, smelly person. If feel worthless and ashamed and no longer have any hope left for a better future.

I'm sorry for the long text, but I don't know where else to turn, I don't have anyone to talk to about this.
Ps. Please don't write any nasty comments or tell me to cheer up, it doesn't help.
Ohh sweet "Swede114"....do not even think that you are all alone....You have a friend...Its me...and many ppl in this forum are just like you and me...You are just being tested. This test would not end if you end your life. We all love u a lot. :lol: I shall pray for your recovery.
Just try to be more compassionate to people who do not understand your situation. Never ever forget...you are not alone....WE LOVE YOU A LOT....just in case you want to vent some thing mail me at [email protected]...
John
clara0
Master

Post by clara0 »

I totally understand you, we are in the same boat, never think you are alone...
hali_grl
Sheriff

Post by hali_grl »

i cant imagine 20 yrs w/ bb these 5 yrs seem so long i feel for u i too come across strong & confident but my bb has ppl thinking im selfish, inconsiderate, & even cold. I didn'tattend my sis college graduation, missed her baby shower, & i can't even imagine when she delivers her first child. i have no children so i hate not being there to pick out cute little outfits i haven't even seen my sister since she was 2-3 months pregnant and now shes due in November. I hate this im 25 my 20s are suppose to be the best years of my life!
stulla

Post by stulla »

I can definitley relate. It sucks having a problem and cant fix it.... People always judging you and dont know that you try your best to get rid of the problem... stay strong
Susie
Sheriff

Post by Susie »

Swede114,
some best friend that was!!! Who needs friends like that? What a B****!! They sell these big ole toothbrushes at the dollar store. I mean they are really big. Like something you would see as a display for a dentist office. Anyway I could mail you a few of them so when people start making comments you can smack them upside the head with it. And I won't say what else you could do to them with it haha

I've been dealing with this about the same amount of time as you. It sucks, but you can't let it rule your life.

Hali_girl,
Go see your sister!
paul

Post by paul »

Hey Swede,

What did the tongue cleaning involve?
Swede114
Total Newbie

Post by Swede114 »

Thanks for your support guys, I'm actually thinking about taking your advice Susie, it would be great to smack those idiots upside the head with a huge toothbrush :D You seem to be handling this pretty well, how do you do it? How do you handle any remarks or assholes that you meet?

Hali-grl, you really need to go and visit your sister, I don't think she cares about bb, she loves you no matter what. One needs to keep ones family close, especially when suffering from this crap.

Paul - the tongue cleaning was done with an ultrasound tongue scraper, which deep cleans the tongue. The dentist, Gunnar Wahab, had a patent on the device and it worked great. However, since my saliva production is very low it came back after a week or so, but as long as I visited him twice a year I could at least keep my bb on somewhat acceptable levels. However, Gunnar died a couple of years ago and his business partner hasn't continued offering this tongue cleaning, which sucks.
Susie
Sheriff

Post by Susie »

Swede114 wrote:Thanks for your support guys, I'm actually thinking about taking your advice Susie, it would be great to smack those idiots upside the head with a huge toothbrush :D You seem to be handling this pretty well, how do you do it? How do you handle any remarks or assholes that you meet?
Oh Swede114, I don't always handle it well. I've had several times when I've cried my eyes out and then I get mad at the situation and it gives me the strength to go on and keep dealing with this!!
potty_mouth
Junior

Post by potty_mouth »

Swede114 wrote:Paul - the tongue cleaning was done with an ultrasound tongue scraper, which deep cleans the tongue. The dentist, Gunnar Wahab, had a patent on the device and it worked great. However, since my saliva production is very low it came back after a week or so, but as long as I visited him twice a year I could at least keep my bb on somewhat acceptable levels. However, Gunnar died a couple of years ago and his business partner hasn't continued offering this tongue cleaning, which sucks.
Hi Swede114,
I like the idea of the ultrasonic tongue scraper. Was it a brush shape (like orabrush) or a U-shape scraper? Maybe you could buy a good ultrasonic toothbrush (I used to have a Philips sonicare which is true ultrasound), and try that on your tongue. Or maybe attach an orabrush head to the vibrating part.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

I always wanted to get myself a proper ultrasonic toothbrush or whatever. It's never clear whether it's actually a true ultrasonic cleaner or just something which pretends to be because it vibrates very quickly.

Are all philips sonicare toothbrushes true ultrasonic? I looked into this recently but couldnt get a definitive answer. I'm prone to getting calcium buildup on the inside of my lower front teeth because they're all crooked, maybe these toothbrushes can keep it at bay.
potty_mouth
Junior

Post by potty_mouth »

Sorry hsux,
I was wrong about the Sonicare being true ultrasound. Apparently, it is just a very fast "sonic" toothbrush. I have used one though and it really cleans well. I don't think true ultrasonic speed is needed to shatter plaque/biofilm. I lost my sonicare in a move once, but I think it's time I bought a new one. I never really tried it on my white tongue, but now I really want to give it a go.
One thing i will say is the model I had used to collect moisture and get a bit of mold between the head and handle. Apparently, this has been fixed on newer designs (see amazon reviews).
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Thanks for the reply. I've tried lots of different "sonic" toothbrushes, and cleaned very carefully, but I always get the buildup after a few weeks. I scrape it away myself with a dentist-type hook shaped scraper thingy and I'm always stabbing myself with it. I'd love to have a true ultrasonic device because I'm sure this will do it. I've seen proper ones but they are very pricey, gonna look into it again tho report back, cos these things might also be quite effective at tongue cleaning, but without the physical damage of scraping or using dangerous chemicals like chlorine dioxide or chlorhexidine.
wahabfan
Total Newbie

Gunnar Wahab

Post by wahabfan »

Hello Swede 114

How do you know Gunnar Wahab is dead?
Have you spoken to anyone working with him?

If I´m right, I remember 2 years ago I searched his name on google and he had facebook. But now whatever I try searching on google, I find nothing.
He does not have any adress on ratsit.se so he does not exist in Sweden. Maybe he has gone back to his homeland? I read some place a dentist in stockholm had used narcotics etc and got his office closed and people seemed to believe this man was Gunnar Wahab. So maybe after prison he left Sweden for his homeland?

Why would he die so young not even aged just above 50?

Gunnar was the ONLY dentist in sweden who knew anything about bad breath. Alla other dentists are totally zero in this field. If Gunnar is alive and reads this, I hope he brings up his facebook page again because if nothing else, he has many supporters whom he has helped to get a better breath and life. He means a lot to us and wheter narcotics or not, he has done many good things where other dentists have not.

Back to question. How do you know he is dead?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic