Your Email Address:

First Name:

NEW BREATH TEST STUDY - VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
potty_mouth
Junior

NEW BREATH TEST STUDY - VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!

Post by potty_mouth »

http://www.bloodbornebodyodorandhalitos ... study.html

Just as I was preparing to write to Mebo to suggest it (see my thread from Monday), I see they just announced that they will be co-ordinating a study of alveolar breath samples in malodor sufferers. They will be collecting samples in Chicago, Miami, and presumably New Jersey (since Menssana is based there), but also in London or anywhere international that there is enough demand including other US cities of course (I believe we have several active members in Atlanta?).

The cost is $275 which may seem expensive, but it may be your only chance to really be involved in something that will advance scientific understanding of your condition. And it's not much when you consider that some of us have paid thousands for tonsillectomies and other surgery.

All those interested please reply to this thread and state your nearest city.
I will be writing to Mike at Mebo with a link to this thread.

Thankyou Mebo! \:D/

missjj
Junior

Post by missjj »

I live in la ca
lost1234
Junior

Post by lost1234 »

Im in new jersey and im interested just need to know when and where and im there.
2011mummy
Total Newbie

Post by 2011mummy »

I am in London and am interested
deebo

Re: NEW BREATH TEST STUDY - VOLUNTEERS NEEDED!

Post by deebo »

potty_mouth wrote: I will be writing to Mike at Mebo with a link to this thread.[/b]
Thankyou Mebo! \:D/
Potty , are you the microbiology tech ?cant recall who said they work in that field . Anyway , i just corresponded with menssaana ,telling them about this sites and mebos members being interested. I think i somehow gave the idea that we were all about oral origin BB because he responded (Michael) with this
" we have no ongoing research studies in oral malodor, but that the test may soon be available to users if there is sufficient interest. "
i replied that the vast majority likely aren't oral. My Reply:
" I neglected to say that many members suffer from chronic halitosis and/or body odor that is yet undiagnosed and not oral in origin but emanating possible from organs, lung,sinus ,etc ."

Maybe yourself or someone could fashion a letter describing our plight better than i can . I think menssana are really onto something right up our bb alley .
Last edited by deebo on Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
potty_mouth
Junior

Post by potty_mouth »

guys,
thanks for your responses... I am currently in email contact with Mebo directly and they are aware of this site. The more responses here the better! :)
I think for now I will not be contacting Dr Phillips directly, I will leave that to them.
Deebo, I am a tech on the analytical instrumentation not in microbiology (my background is biochemistry) but I do know that this kind of analysis is pretty much the best you can get - the gold standard.
Dr Phillips does all kinds of breath research, not just malodor. So it may be Mebo who are conducting this research themselves, so better just to wait for their response. I have asked them about how they plan to differentiate between oral and alveolar breath, and asked a few other questions on the design of the study and the instrumentation used.
Will keep you all posted!
heregoesnothing

Post by heregoesnothing »

wish it were a little closer to home. Good luck on the studies to everyone who participates!
deebo

Post by deebo »

oh #-o . i jumped too fast after 1/2 reading your post about the study i guess . menssana does rent out their machines . Maybe Mebo has this in mind ,which would be great .

Your advice to wait for Mebo is good advice . I get insurance in 15 days and am anxious to attack this bb .
potty_mouth
Junior

Post by potty_mouth »

CHICAGO AREA MEMBERS...

Mebo will be beginning their testing in Chicago in November. Please contact Mebo directly if you would like to participate or if you want to know more:
[email protected]

deebo, yes Mebo is renting out the machine and they are based in Chicago... are you anywhere near?
but they are willing to ship the breath collection unit to other cities if there is demand.
Mike has advised me that anyone interested should contact them directly. Even if you have already replied to this thread please contact Mebo on the email address above.
stulla

Post by stulla »

Im in Jersey and would like to try this out. Definetley going to look into it. Thanks for posting.
joe1
Junior

Post by joe1 »

im in NY. and i'm ready to pay. count me in!!
joe1
Junior

Post by joe1 »

I wrote to Dr Michael Perez Davidi and he wrote me back saying that there is a treatment for halitosis already called smell x. I think ill give it a try. here is the video

http://www.mypd.co.il/SmellX.html

what do u guys think? wanna read your opion. thanks!!
potty_mouth
Junior

Post by potty_mouth »

joe,
i saw that Dr Davidi was doing some interesting research on another post, but didn't realise he already had a product out. I would be veryinterested to try it. Can you let me know how to get hold of it? I'm in Australia but I'm hoping they ship internationally. I don't speak Hebrew so i can't understand their website!
Would love to try it though. thanks for posting!
mostlylogical

Post by mostlylogical »

joe1 wrote:I wrote to Dr Michael Perez Davidi and he wrote me back saying that there is a treatment for halitosis already called smell x. I think ill give it a try. here is the video

http://www.mypd.co.il/SmellX.html

what do u guys think? wanna read your opion. thanks!!
i gotta say this is quite a weird solution.why invent such uncomfortable device like-medicines instead figuring out the real underlying causes ? what was that joyful tunes playing at the background . do they really expect people'll continue their lives happily with this tablets ? whats next ? a mini aspirator that sucks the air in the mouth and release it from a more acceptable place ? sorry but watching this video felt like i am a heavily handicaped person.
Susie
Sheriff

Post by Susie »

If the answer was to just put a tablet on the roof of my mouth I would be very satisfied with this!!! Thank you so much to all these dr.'s that are working on a solution for us!!! Even if this isn't the answer it still gives me great hope that somebody out there is researching this!!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic