Your Email Address:

First Name:

cured.. for now?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
ruch
Sheriff

Post by ruch »

just wanted to update people on my situation.

i went back to that oravital clinic and told them that the treatment before had not worked and that the bb came back. they contacted anne bosy, owner of oravital who had started this treatment system and consulted with her. i did the microbiology test again and she personally analyzed it herself and suggested this other antibiotic rinse they have, tetracycline. i don't know if it is just tetracycline or other active ingredients are in it but anyway, i have been gargling with it for a week now 3x/day (about one more to go) and it has been working. i don't even get morning breath, or bb after drinking coffee. i am hoping it stays this way after i go off the antibiotics and start the regular rinse maintenance system. this is the experience i had when i first went to these clinics many years ago (and did the other rinse i mentioned above). it did work for quite some time, but would come back. then i would just need to go back to do the antibiotic rinse again (every 6-12 months or so) to reset it again... and it would work. then it stopped working as a i described above. who knows what will happen with the tetracycline, but for now, i am grateful to be normal for the time being.

i am pretty sure my bb comes from within the mouth.. and that PND contributes. i find using the neti pot helps a bit too. i use it with a saline solution to flush out my sinuses. it's a prepackaged solution but i think it is just baking soda and salt. when i run out, i will make my own solution but have to figure out what the proportions are.

by the way, tetracycline is an antibiotic that targets anaerobic bacteria.. and bb can be caused by that type of bacteria.. so it makes sense to me that this would work.

Tibya
Advanced

Post by Tibya »

Hi Ruch,
Please keep us posted on this. I am already in touch with Oralvital. I do not have any clinic locally. Do you know the approx. cost of this treatment? I want to make sure that anything that I try is affordable and no surprises in the end.

Thanks,
ruch
Sheriff

Post by ruch »

it's definitely not cheap but if you have any dental insurance, it will cover the bulk of it. i cannot recall exactly but it will cost you a few hundred. then the cost of the prescriptions and maintenance rinses are not cheap either. again, if you do have insurance that covers drugs, it will be covered too (the prescription rinses (the FM4 or tetracycline, and chlorhexidine), not the non-prescription rinses like smart mouth or closys). why don't you email one of the offices to find out the total cost for sure?
ruch
Sheriff

Post by ruch »

just FYI, i was cured while i was using the tetracycline rinse and for about a week or two afterwards. then my bb came back.

tried some liquid chorophyll recently and it worked for a few days, but then my bb has gotten really bad over the past few days. i just piked up some grapefruit seed oil today and am going to try that in water (as a gargle and then ingest), as well as in my hydrofloss (oral irrigation) machine. also been taking probiotics. i open up the capsure and pour it into a spoonful of water, then swallow it. i read this somewhere and it doesn't seem to do much for me but i figured it couldn't hurt to get the probiotics around my tongue too.

i always use rinses like smartmouth or closys (even if they don't really work) cuz it makes me feel a bit better than not using anything at all. the rinse i find the most effective is chlorhexidine.

ordered lufenuron today. also bought some grapefruit seed oil and will use it as a gargle in water (and then swallow it), in my neti pot, and in my hydrofloss (oral irrigator). i sometimes use hydrogen peroxide in my hydrofloss but i think the GSE is probably safer in the long run.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic