First Name:

I'm new here, and I need advice.

Tell us your story with bad breath
SeattleSue
Total Newbie

I'm new here, and I need advice.

Post by SeattleSue »

Hi all,
I'm glad to know there is a place to come for advice, so thank you for being here.
My fiance claims I have bad breath. He says I have this condition often, and he wonders whether it's related to certain foods, such as garlic. For several reasons, we've had little intimacy lately. He says he did not want to kiss me tonight because of my breath. I felt rejected and my feelings got really hurt, so I walked out of the bedroom. We got into a huge fight and I'm debating sleeping on the couch. I feel yucky.
I'm a 48 year old woman with very good oral hygiene. In all my prior relationships since I was 17 (including prior marriage), my fiance is the first person who's ever said this to me. I'm totally perplexed.
How do I know I have bad breath? Can you develop bad breath later in life, if you didn't have it when you're younger? If so, how do I fix the situation? I don't know what to do. He doesn't kiss me often, and I can't help but wonder if it's because of my breath. After our argument tonight, I'm becoming hypersensitive about my breath. I feel this chasm will get in the way of our relationship as I fear he'll continue to resist kissing me and I'll become more resentful.
I'm floundering here and don't know what to do . Any suggestions?

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

divorce the prick
ConfusingSituati
Total Newbie

Re: I'm new here, and I need advice.

Post by ConfusingSituati »

SeattleSue wrote:Hi all,
I'm glad to know there is a place to come for advice, so thank you for being here.
My fiance claims I have bad breath. He says I have this condition often, and he wonders whether it's related to certain foods, such as garlic. For several reasons, we've had little intimacy lately. He says he did not want to kiss me tonight because of my breath. I felt rejected and my feelings got really hurt, so I walked out of the bedroom. We got into a huge fight and I'm debating sleeping on the couch. I feel yucky.
I'm a 48 year old woman with very good oral hygiene. In all my prior relationships since I was 17 (including prior marriage), my fiance is the first person who's ever said this to me. I'm totally perplexed.
How do I know I have bad breath? Can you develop bad breath later in life, if you didn't have it when you're younger? If so, how do I fix the situation? I don't know what to do. He doesn't kiss me often, and I can't help but wonder if it's because of my breath. After our argument tonight, I'm becoming hypersensitive about my breath. I feel this chasm will get in the way of our relationship as I fear he'll continue to resist kissing me and I'll become more resentful.
I'm floundering here and don't know what to do . Any suggestions?

I know it is frustrating...it makes you kind of feel powerless. Go get a second opinion. I swear some people make that shit up to be an ass. I've had people admit that before. If it turns out that you have BB, the story you told makes it sound like it is acute halitosis if anything. You'll be fine. Just dont let it turn into halitophobia. I have halitophobia, it is shitty, but I am making great progress.
deebo

Seattle

Post by deebo »

Hey , just noticed this old thread .
any other folks in seattle area ? anyone here from Sue again ?

I think its a profound thing to have documented evidence of this chronic condition
thissux
Advanced

Post by thissux »

I have been dealing with whether or not I have bad breath for about a year now. I was a heavy drinker, then in recovery, then relapsed and it caused some kind of acid reflux, LPR reflux from what they say. Right now all of my family and friends say I do not have any bad breath. It is causing me alot of emotional issues. People rub their noses and it freaks me out. I would say to try and get an objective opinion, perhaps go to the dentist and tell him what happened and see if there is something related to a tooth. Do you have a trusted, straightforward friend or family member you could sit down with and ask? Don't let it get your worry going like I have. Some if not all adults have BB at times. I am trying to figure out what is up with me too. Good luck!!! And he should chill and try to be supportive if there is an issue.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic