Your Email Address:

First Name:

hopeful for a cure...

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
hopefulguy

hopeful for a cure...

Post by hopefulguy »

hello everyone, first off I just want to say thank you to everyone for all the information going around. It makes me feel that someday we can all find a cure for this curse. I'll keep my story as short as possible.
I've had BB for as long as I can remember, I believe that it started after I had a surgery in my stomach when I was 8 (I'm now in my early 20's) I think it has a lot to do with that and the fact that I have been on antibiotics many times (probably between 10-15 times) due to surgeries, acne, infections, etc...
Like everyone here I have tried soooo much to get rid of the BB,
BreathRx
Therabreath
Smart Mouth
Biotene
Acidophilus pills
Chlorophyll pills
changing my diet
neti pot
probably more that I just can't think of right now
been to the dentist (who said my mouth was fine, but did confirm I was not paranoid), doctor (didn't know anything), ENT(put me on more antibiotics which have done nothing), nothing yet...

Today I'm going to start using the coconut oil, as well as taking Vitamin C tablets and hopefully that will help...I'm also going to order some blis K12 oral probiotics online...if anyone has any other suggestions please let me know :D

Prince

Post by Prince »

Hii hopefulguy!!
Iam sure you have the same problem as me and its candida. If you have been so long on antibiotics then iam sure you have candida.
Try this mineral (molybdenum picolinate). You have to take 1mg three times a day and its best you do the candida diet and take some c vitamin and probiotic. If you take the molybdenum picolinate you have to complete it with other supplement.
Read this please and sorry for my english :)
http://curezone.com/forums/fm.asp?i=298174
hopefulguy

Post by hopefulguy »

been using the coconut oil since yesterday and i feel like the BB is worse now. I have no patience so it's hard for me because I don't know if its die off symptoms and it will get better, but I'm just scared that it will keep getting worse and not better :(

ugh I'm just falling deeper and deeper into depression here as everyday goes by.... :'(
hopefulguy

Post by hopefulguy »

so a couple things...hope someone can help

1) I have an interview coming up real soon and I REALLY need/want this job. Anyone have any tips for me to reduce the bad breath enough for just a couple hours..

2) Also have a GI appointment, any questions/tests that I should bring up to the DR.?
missjj
Junior

Post by missjj »

Gargle and chew gum to mask during interview
hopefulguy

Post by hopefulguy »

just going to reply to this in hopes someone can help with something...

to add to my list of things i've tried...

5htp
liquid chlorophyll
brushing with baking soda and hydrogen peroxide
activated charcoal
b complex vitamins

nothing seems to help, although i did end up getting a job and went to the interview after brushing with baking soda, however my mouth didnt feel any different...Now i know my breath isn't out of control (it doesnt stink up a room or anything) but when i talk to someone up close it's horrendous....went to a bar with some friends once, someone introduced me to someone, i said hi my name is ____ i turned my head briefly and caught that person waving their hand in front of their face and a close friend saying "I know...." also once my former boss made a stink face and i asked whats wrong and he said " I smelled your breath"...it also has been verified by dentist.....so depressing

when doctors give me antibiotics it doesnt do anything for my bb like most of you here, what else could be the cause? I do have constant mucous in my throat that i have to clear all of the time, which is usually green or yellow, and a constant cough so it may be lung related i guess...i already saw a ent and gi doctor,so those are ruled out

I just don't know what to do anymore....any advice would be greatly appreciated
elliott
God

Post by elliott »

I'm sorry hopefulguy.

I know all too well the problems of interviews/jobs with the issues we have.

I have not found an answer yet, but here are a few tips just to get through a day.

-scented lip balm... I use it and even though my breath stinks, when people come in the small office we work in, they comment that it smells good, so at least the first perception is not that someone/something in here stinks. You've got to take the mental/psychological angle with this at all times.

-orange. Try not to eat it, as the acid will sour your breath, but just peeling it will emit the oils and it can scent an entire room. Keep it next to you, and peel a bit off from time to time, keep the peels next to you, try not to make it look weird.

-scented antibacterial hand sanitizer. It always smells fresh and clean and can also scent the air around you, so people will perceive a good odor before a bad one.

-a good, I really mean a good quality after shave lotion or cologne, just a bit will keep the air around you just a bit better.

-what you eat, and when you eat it. Don't eat sugars, don't drink coffee, don't drink alcohol, cut the meat, and especially don't eat around people. Whenever you swallow even just water, you emit foul air from the stomach. Try not to eat breakfast, and eat lunch late. Breath is doubly bad after you eat, so be cognizant of that.

-Don't move around too much. Try to sit still as much as possible, and breath calmly. Try to keep a hand/finger near your nose, and contain the exhaled odor. It will let people around you realize that you are aware and are trying to keep them from suffering, it may create some sympathy.

-Ice cold water, just sip it. Don't drink a lot, and do not fill yourself up on water. and swallow away from people. Try to breath in your cup as you swallow and take your time. Imagine that the odors are going into the cup.

-Talk about your problem without exposing yourself. Such as "oh I have to watch what I eat " ... "Oh that has way too much acid for me"... "Thanks but that doesn't agree with me, can't eat that" Try to develop 'some' sympathy and let people presume that it is not a hygienic problem but a systematic issue that you can't help, but are aware of.

-Most importantly, be nice and friendly. There are people that will just hate you, especially younger people, but do not take it personal. They don't mean to. Again this is all psychological, people do not know how to react to bad smell. To them, you are ruining their day, and possibly their ability to focus. It's no one's fault. Don't talk too much, but when you do, just try to be gentle, and sympathetic to them, There are subtle ways to tell them you're sorry without saying anything, even though you have nothing to apologize for.

-Last keep trying to find the things that help, and reduce the things that exasperate the situation. It's a day by day fight. Stay disciplined, stay strong, and try to wait for the weekend to do something for yourself to relieve the stress from the week.

If you need to ever talk, PM me and we can exchange emails. I will support anyone with a day job that is going through this, as it is the hardest thing ever. Our employment and ability to sustain a job depends on our ability to exist in a workplace. It is very hard to keep a job with this issue. It is the only reason that my career has been ruined, and may possibly be the thing that ends me, but I remain diligent and will fight as long as I can.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic