Your Email Address:

First Name:

WHEN TO DRAW THE LINE

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Virtuous Viking
Junior
WHEN TO DRAW THE LINE

Post by Virtuous Viking »

Firstly, I've changed my name from andgodinventedbb to the current one, just to prove I'm not the antichrist... So there.

Funfact: three days into my candida diet and I... you guessed it... I gave in. I was craving sugar like I was detoxing from heroin. It was insane. So I went out and bought a nice fat piece of cake and some chocolate chip ice cream and made a fun guilt-free episode of it. I said f* it. Some other time. If people can't deal with my breath to hell with them :) I didn't sign up for this shit.

Battling this thing can take so much out of your life w/o you even realizing it. Should we all at some point just go oh well and live life as best we can? Sometimes I think I'm permanently damaged, that even if I find the cure, BB has screwed me up so bad that it will be impossible to revert to a "normal life".

Today I went to work and decided to try something different: to be convivial and outgoing. People were shocked! It will surprise you guys how much more willing people are to accept your BB if you act like there's nothing wrong with you. I talked and talked, in their faces. They didn't know how to react, but seeing as I acted like all was normal, they then acted accordingly. My coworkers were asking me questions like I was an interviewee for a celeb mag. Some of them even asked if I was high. Even one time someone said a joke and I replied: "Boy, your jokes are staler than my breath" :) Everyone had a nice laugh, but it was with me rather than at me.

Here's a question I want to ask you all: Are we all overly conscious about this issue? Is it really THAT bad? Aren't we wasting our lives talking about how sad our lives are, given that we do in fact have a life, which surmounts all else? Should we really give a shit what people think? Are we guilty of anything?

My favorite painter, Eugène Delacroix (1798-1863), a master of romantic painting and quite possibly the best of his generation, is said (though you won't find this if you Wikipedia him) to have smelled horribly of sulphur. The poor bastard most probably had TMAU, the auditorium-filling kind I figure. He obviously didn't have a diagnosis like some of us on here have had the luxury of, but it didn't stop him from displaying his genius. Today, only very very few books about him even hint at his problem (I only found out because I did an intense research on him).

I'm not saying we shouldn't keep searching for a cure, but when the search becomes a paradox - that looking for the thing we hope to better our lives is in fact sucking life out of us - isn't it then time to give it a rest, for a while? Goodness knows what damage I've already done to me system with all the crapola I've tried.

deebo

Post by deebo »

Good stuff Viking .
I recently posted something similar about a positive outlook at work. I guess there are many things to be considered . Some of us do have an issue like auditorium filling ,tmau having Eugène Delacroix but what ever it is ,its undiagnosable so far . Theres more than just TMAU but we're on the verge of naming other things.
"is it really ThAT bad?" is a question is ask myself daily after trying to be open with people and getting their horrified reactions personally .

I'm not knocking your humorous take in anyway V V. If you can muster it , by all means. We gotta remember that for many of us ,its a bit of a dig to laugh at our selves . But thats a super valuable skill for bb folks . Like they say "Don't take life too serious. You'll never get out alive ." Its a mantra . Another : "Those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter." Now if we could just get more folks to not mind . [-o<

It could be worse of course, and for many it will get worse ,literally . Bacteria in some members will only grow over time . The coping skills you talk about now will be a Godsend when the shit hits the fan (pun?) .
deebo

Re: WHEN TO DRAW THE LINE

Post by deebo »

Virtuous Viking wrote: Funfact: three days into my candida diet and I... you guessed it... I gave in. I was craving sugar like I was detoxing from heroin. It was insane. So I went out and bought a nice fat piece of cake and some chocolate chip ice cream and made a fun guilt-free episode of it. I said f* it. ..
Have you tried the myriad of 'no carb' ,Atkins type sweets and food stuffs?
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

This post makes me think about the people I used to envy the most in life - the people who had the most terrible breath but didn't have the slightest clue of the fact and managed to live completely normal and fulfilling lives. Actual bad breath did not hinder them in the slightest.
Virtuous Viking
Junior
Post by Virtuous Viking »

@Deebo: No, I've never tried any kind of Atkins diet.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic