Your Email Address:

First Name:

Indepth Tonsil Stones Info....

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Shit4Breath
Master

Indepth Tonsil Stones Info....

Post by Shit4Breath »

There are alot of misconceptions about tonsil stones out there so I decided to make this post. I got it from this article http://www.squidoo.com/cause-for-tonsil-stones when I found it I felt as though I found at least a piece of the puzzle. Hope this enlightens and helps some!

The Lymphatic System

What is it and what is the function of it?

Your tonsils are a part of the lymphatic system. The lymphatic system is just like your blood system with veins, arteries, and capillaries but with the difference that it carries lymph fluid instead of blood.

The lymph fluid is almost like your blood, the difference is that it lacks the red blood cells. The red blood cells are too large to dissipate out through the walls of the capillaries. But the rest of the components in your blood can make its way out whenever they want to.

This is how your cells get nutrients and everything else they need. The cells dump toxins, garbage and everything that they don't need in the lymph fluid. It's like a supplier and a garbage handler at the same time. The lymph fluid has a great number of white blood cells which attacks and neutralises bacteria, viruses and other foreign cells.

When the lymph fluid has delivered its nutrients and have taken all the garbage that your cells have produced it's time to make its way back to the blood again. But the lymph fluid doesn't go straight to the blood because this would be disastrous with all these toxins, chemicals, bacteria, and dead cells, etc. Your blood would get filled with this and you would be very sick!

Instead, the lymph fluid is carried back through a special system called the lymph system. As I said before, this is just like your circulatory system (blood system). Lymph nodes are located at special locations in this system. The lymph nodes function just like filters. They filter garbage out of the lymph fluid so it becomes clean again. Bacteria and viruses are killed here as well along with foreign cells. The lymph nodes are able to do this because they have a great number of white blood cells, in fact, millions of them.

As a side note, when you get sick you might feel pain in certain areas of your body. The painful areas are inflamed lymph nodes which swell and rise in temperature in order to fight off bacteria and viruses more quickly.

Tonsils & Your Lymph System

They are superimportant lymph nodes!

Your tonsils are super important lymph nodes! and they filter a great quantity of lymph fluid every day. Any foreign cell, bacteria, and virus, who try to enter the body through the mouth, nose, eyes, or ears will eventually end up getting killed in the tonsils. Provided that your tonsils are functioning as they should.

Bacteria can get to other parts in the body if the lymph nodes are very weak. This is how cancer and other severe illnesses are spread, through the use of the lymph system!

However, this is very risky business for any virus, bacteria or foreign cell if the individual is healthy. Those who doesn't get killed by the white blood cells in the lymph fluid will for sure get hammered when they enter the tonsils. The tonsils are the last watchers at the gate to the rest of your body. If any bacteria would get past here, disease and illness would spread to other areas of your body. This can happen if you have very weak or no tonsils at all.

In normal cases.. all foreign cells gets killed by the millions and millions of white blood cells in the tonsils!

Now, all this filtered garbage along with killed viruses, bacteria, and foreign cells has to be placed somewhere. The tonsils want to get rid of this junk!

And in order to do this, they have the tonsil crypts at their disposal. These are hollow formations on the tonsils that junk can get deposited. Eventually this junk will make its way out of the crypts and out of the body either through the mouth, or down the stomach and out your rear exit.

Next time you get sick and your throat is swollen, take a look and see if the tonsils get swollen. If they are, it means that they are on high alert and are fighting bacteria and viruses. They may also be covered with white goo. This is the byproduct of dead viruses and bacteria that gets deposited in the tonsil crypts.

What Are Tonsil Stones?

What is the deal with these guys exactly?

Well, tonsil stones are the result of tonsils that have a lot of lymph fluid to clean. The more junk in the lymph fluid, the bigger and harder the tonsil stones. In a person who doesn't develop tonsil stones, the junk is not hard but smooth which allows it to get out by itself.

But in a person with overworking tonsils, this junk becomes hard and if the condition is allowed to progress, the tonsils will become under active and unable to do a good job filtering lymph fluid. When this happens, more symptoms appear such as lack of energy, depression, and feeling "stuck." The situation is almost like a house owner who forgets to take the junk to the dump. After a while the junk builds up, decays and give rise to a terrible smell, which in turn affects the house owner negatively.

Tonsil stones are also the reason why many have bad breath! Many people do not even know this and spend money on mouthwash and related products that are little helpful.

To get rid of these tonsil stones for good we have to find out how the tonsils can become under active and why they have to filter so much junk.

Under active tonsils have two possible causes.
1. Too much work and cannot keep up with the cleaning.
2. Too little circulation of the lymph fluid.

The lymph system has no pump to circulate its fluid like the heart of the blood system. Instead it makes use of the movement of the body. In the walls of the lymph system there are one-way valves that allow the fluid move one way but not the opposite way. Lymph fluid is squeezed forward whenever you make a physical movement.

Now, the tonsils can become under active if there is not enough movement. Jogging, yoga, or any other activity which involve stretching your body will circulate the lymph fluid. Especially helpful are the activities which involve your arms and neck/head since they will move the lymph fluid related to your tonsils. (Be sure to be careful with movements that include your head and neck!) You will receive a Kundalini Yoga set for cleaning the entire lymph system, but first lets examine what might cause your lymph fluid to become dirty.

Your body uses the tonsils to remove unhealthy particles from the lymph fluid. I say particles because anything which your body has labeled as foreign and harmful will be filtered out.

This is especially true if you are allergic to something. You body will react on the substance and see it as harmful. It will get attacked by white blood cells and filtered out at the lymph nodes (tonsils).

This is why many allergic conditions such as post nasal drip and sinus infections show presence of tonsil stones. The allergy causing substances and materials used to fight off the allergen are transported in the lymph fluid. This means more work for the lymph nodes and add to that: chemicals, toxins, dead white blood cells, and other particles, and you will realize that it puts extra pressure on your lymphatic system. I will suggest some steps to take if you suspect that allergy is causing your tonsil stones to appear. You will find these further down.

The reality is that it is not only allergy that can increase the amount of dirt in the lymph fluid, but also stress, alcohol, refined foods, harmful fats, rancid oils, sugar, and diary products to name a few.

mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

What Are Tonsil Stones?

What is the deal with these guys exactly?

Well, tonsil stones are the result of tonsils that have a lot of lymph fluid to clean. The more junk in the lymph fluid, the bigger and harder the tonsil stones. In a person who doesn't develop tonsil stones, the junk is not hard but smooth which allows it to get out by itself.

But in a person with overworking tonsils [lymphatic system], this junk becomes hard and if the condition is allowed to progress, the tonsils will become under active and unable to do a good job filtering lymph fluid. When this happens, more symptoms appear such as lack of energy, depression, and feeling "stuck." The situation is almost like a house owner who forgets to take the junk to the dump. After a while the junk builds up, decays and give rise to a terrible smell, which in turn affects the house owner negatively.

Tonsil stones are also the reason why many have bad breath! Many people do not even know this and spend money on mouthwash and related products that are little helpful.

To get rid of these tonsil stones for good we have to find out how the tonsils can become under active and why they have to filter so much junk.

Under active tonsils have two possible causes.
1. Too much work and cannot keep up with the cleaning.
2. Too little circulation of the lymph fluid.

The lymph system has no pump to circulate its fluid like the heart of the blood system. Instead it makes use of the movement of the body. In the walls of the lymph system there are one-way valves that allow the fluid move one way but not the opposite way. Lymph fluid is squeezed forward whenever you make a physical movement.

Now, the tonsils can become under active if there is not enough movement. Jogging, yoga, or any other activity which involve stretching your body will circulate the lymph fluid. Especially helpful are the activities which involve your arms and neck/head since they will move the lymph fluid related to your tonsils. (Be sure to be careful with movements that include your head and neck!) You will receive a Kundalini Yoga set for cleaning the entire lymph system, but first lets examine what might cause your lymph fluid to become dirty.

Your body uses the tonsils to remove unhealthy particles from the lymph fluid. I say particles because anything which your body has labeled as foreign and harmful will be filtered out.

This is especially true if you are allergic to something. You body will react on the substance and see it as harmful. It will get attacked by white blood cells and filtered out at the lymph nodes (tonsils).

This is why many allergic conditions such as post nasal drip and sinus infections show presence of tonsil stones. The allergy causing substances and materials used to fight off the allergen are transported in the lymph fluid. This means more work for the lymph nodes and add to that: chemicals, toxins, dead white blood cells, and other particles, and you will realize that it puts extra pressure on your lymphatic system. I will suggest some steps to take if you suspect that allergy is causing your tonsil stones to appear. You will find these further down.

The reality is that it is not only allergy that can increase the amount of dirt in the lymph fluid, but also stress, alcohol, refined foods, harmful fats, rancid oils, sugar, and diary products to name a few.

This is all very telling stuff!!

My lymph nodes are always rather large, and I've felt sluggish, run down, for as long as I can remember. I've also had tonsil stones since I was a preteen.

Are the tonsils the only place where that stuff can filter out?
If that's true, then removal of the tonsils may be a really bad idea.... Or, even after the tonsils are removed, is there a little hole left over where that stuff creeps out?

Anyway, this kind of helps.. I wonder if there's something wrong with my lymphatic system, or maybe this is just another symptom to a greater problem in the immune system.. Or perhaps, it's all just a product of chronic stress over many years.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic