Your Email Address:

First Name:

What went wrong? Wisdom tooth extraction & gum bleeding

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Tibya
Advanced

What went wrong? Wisdom tooth extraction & gum bleeding

Post by Tibya »

I got my wisdom tooth extracted last week. I have a post operative appointment tomorrow, but my gums have started bleeding. What went wrong?
I was not able to clean my teeth gums as I would do everyday, because of this surgery and opening my mouth wide was very painful. And I did not use oral irrigator also. But the medication pencillion (amoxcillian), I thouhgt would take care of bacterial growth or rather keep it under control, but looks like this antibitotic did not work in my case.

Left side jaw still hurts a little.Right jaw pain is manageable. Vicodin helps.
But atleast I know here that amoxcillian/pencillian has no affect in my bacteria overgowth case. I'm a little disappointed because I had such healthy gums and now I see them bleeding easily. I was always prone to gum disease with my preganicies and this was the reason I had kept such a rigourous routine for past sevearl years to keep my gums healthy and its a waste to see how yrs of dedicated work can go in vain if we do not follow the daily routine. Since I was on antibiotic and vicodin, I also stopped taking zantec and hydrogen per oxide rinse for this past week. This may also be the cause of my bb and ofcourse, I am on unable to eat well.
Hopefully, I will soon be able to come to my daily cleaning routine.

sadgirlbb
Advanced

Post by sadgirlbb »

Hi Tibya, I got my back upper right wisdom tooth out one month ago yesterday. Let me tell you it was one of the most painful experiences ever. I could not open my mouth for 3 weeks. For two weeks I could barlely get a spoon in there because of the trismus it caused. As a result my oral hygiene suffered. I'm just now able to push down on my lower jaws to floss properly. But thank God I could finally get a toothbrush in my mouth and brush my tongue!! So ... you will fine. Just give it some time and everything will be back to normal. :)

But I have to say getting the silver filling out of another tooth and removing my bothersome wisdom tooth did not relieve my bad breath. :(
Tibya
Advanced

Post by Tibya »

sadgirlbb wrote:Hi Tibya, I got my back upper right wisdom tooth out one month ago yesterday. Let me tell you it was one of the most painful experiences ever. I could not open my mouth for 3 weeks. For two weeks I could barlely get a spoon in there because of the trismus it caused. As a result my oral hygiene suffered. I'm just now able to push down on my lower jaws to floss properly. But thank God I could finally get a toothbrush in my mouth and brush my tongue!! So ... you will fine. Just give it some time and everything will be back to normal. :)

But I have to say getting the silver filling out of another tooth and removing my bothersome wisdom tooth did not relieve my bad breath. :(
Thanks. I hope it will make me feel better in few days. It already going to be a week tomorrow. My oral hygine has suffered a lot. And I am already prone to perio. It took several areas of work to get healthy gums and now this. I feel like crying.
sadgirlbb
Advanced

Post by sadgirlbb »

Well it really took almost 2 weeks for me to start feeling better. The tooth absolutely would not come out and the dentist was nearly sitting on top of me trying to get that thing out. It was a different experience to say the least.

But I have gum issues as well. So give it a few more days and you can get in there and start taking care of business. And you will feel MUCH better. :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic