Your Email Address:

First Name:

Cloves

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
hope4now
Master
Cloves

Post by hope4now »

Has anyone here tried cloves (syzygium aromaticum) for bb? It has a long history of treating digestive problems, parasites, and as a breath freshener. I had some capsules on the shelf from a parasite cleanse. Thought I'd give it a try.

It's also an expectorant. Helps to clear the throat. I hacked something up this morning that smelled bad. It was stuck in my throat no doubt causing bb. It didn't smell as bad as tonsil stones, but had an unpleasant sweet odor, like indole or skatole. Smelling it gave me a headache. So it seems cloves are good for loosening mucus. I have a tendency to collect junk in my throat, so this might be a good treatment.

I also ordered some clove oil to use in a homemade mouthwash. It will dissolve in vodka and water.
Last edited by hope4now on Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tibya
Advanced

Post by Tibya »

Cloves, fennel, bettle leaf ... all these did not work for me to cure bb.
I use cloves, fennel ,cardomon , fresh ginger with xylitol in my daily tea (sometimes I miss some of these ingredients). Have been using it for years and still have bb :(
Clove in hot/warm water helps with throat mucus, but it has not been a solution for me in curing bb.
A better alternative or comparable is ajowan, ajwain seeds boiled in water and to be taken 1 tsp at regular intervals to get rid of throat mucus. This has helped me with my mucus part, but not with bb. Do not expect over night results, its slow process.
hope4now
Master
Post by hope4now »

Tibya wrote:Cloves, fennel, bettle leaf ... all these did not work for me to cure bb.
I use cloves, fennel ,cardomon , fresh ginger with xylitol in my daily tea (sometimes I miss some of these ingredients). Have been using it for years and still have bb :(
Clove in hot/warm water helps with throat mucus, but it has not been a solution for me in curing bb.
A better alternative or comparable is ajowan, ajwain seeds boiled in water and to be taken 1 tsp at regular intervals to get rid of throat mucus. This has helped me with my mucus part, but not with bb. Do not expect over night results, its slow process.
Thanks for the feedback. I'll try cloves for awhile and see how it goes.

Currently they seem to be giving me a headache. I'll cut back to just one capsule a day and see if that helps. If not I'll have to quit.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic