Your Email Address:

First Name:

You know what's really f**ked up?

Anger management part of the forum :), where you can express anger, sadness, sorrow etc.
ThisSucks
Junior

You know what's really f**ked up?

Post by ThisSucks »

Hypothetically speaking, let's say you have finally found a cure for your BB and you are cured 100%.

After a few months a guy comes sitting next to you and he says "You Smell" (But just for fun, he is not being serious and you actually don't smell). BAM!!!!! All of our self confidence will go down the drain again in a matter of a second.

So even if we cure the Halitosis, we may not be able to cure the scar that it has left behind.

That's why we have to be mentally strong too. And yeah, THAT'S DAMN F*CKING HARD!

jen
Advanced

Post by jen »

So true. This also distorts your personality. At least one day we'll be dead and it won't matter anymore.
jen
Advanced

Post by jen »

So true. This also distorts your personality. At least one day we'll be dead and it won't matter anymore.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

I actually think it would be easy to recover. It's true we would probably over think things, but when I get in a comfortable mood, and people don't show reactions (rare I can do this) I start getting more energetic and social.. A good reaction does throw me back under the bus. But if I knew I was cured, I could get over it.

I want to be cured, damn it.
sadgirlbb
Advanced

Post by sadgirlbb »

I do too Mike... I'm tired of smelling like a mixture of rotting flesh and shit. I have a lot to offer and my personality is shown at at 10% of what it could be because I can never express myself to anyone.

We stay in this together, somehow we'll get there. We've got to!
jen
Advanced

Post by jen »

Sadgirl and mike, good for you, positive thoughts will bring you far. I also think you'll have a great chance of recovering and being happy once your bb problem has been resolved. I know that my personality has suffered great damage because I've been suffering for just too long.30 years is a lifetime. Living with bb has shaped me into a person that I don't want to be and that won't change easily.

I haven't had internet access for most of my life, only got free access for research about a year ago (age 40). You are still young and have such a wonderful opportunity to gain knowledge and try different things that I'm sure you will each find your cure before long and have a happy and fulfilled bb-free life....

And even if I remain slightly f@#ed up (excuse the language...) I know that I'll also be able to live a much more stress-free life if mine can be cured - which will be great.
clara0
Master

Post by clara0 »

The worst thing about my bb is that it comes and goes sometimes I don't smell or smell very little and just on a day that I am trying hard to take back my selfconfidence out of the sudden my b smells like a dead fish...I cant predict what happens even 2 hours later...So it happens alot that I book to meet a dentist or I call to meet a friend on a good day and just on that day I find out that I smell horrible and I have to cancel my appointment....I feel very lonely ...I miss my friends and my ex because I have not seen them for several years but I am afraid of setting appointments because of my b.I need to find a cure in short time otherwise I prefer to be dead.
sadgirlbb
Advanced

Post by sadgirlbb »

jen wrote:You are still young and have such a wonderful opportunity to gain knowledge and try different things that I'm sure you will each find your cure before long and have a happy and fulfilled bb-free life....
Thanks Jen for the compliment!! :D lol But I'm 47 years old and have been living with this 36 years.... God that is such a long time!
StayStrong

Post by StayStrong »

Hello everyone,

It's people suffering from this horrible affliction that have to be strong in order to justify the great demonstration of intelligent determination to find a cure on this site. Without your posts and this site, i would have left this earth by now (and i mean that quite literally) it fills me with hope as well as determination.

I deal with day to day living, by accepting the reality - I am lucky to be surrounded with great friends, who although i haven't spoken to about this, they know the score and still put up with me. I am usually the best dressed in any room, i work on my posture and well groomed, constantly educate myself. We have to try to be the best that we can be DESPITE what we go through......otherwise we just become boring, negative depressed people with bad breath rather than being well dressed, funny, intelligent and articulate people with bad breath - who would you rather hang out with???

I spend most of my time daydreaming about being with a girl that i can only describe as the embodiment of everything that is beautiful in a person.
I need to cure myself so i can properly talk to her - not because she wont accept me in her life because i have bad breath but rather that i dont want that to be what is stealing her focus when she's listening to me telling her about all the beautiful thoughts i have of her.

tomorrow is a brand new day and the sun will rise just like it does every other day.Its up to you to decide whether that's a good or bad thing

tomorrow i will contact my doc. I have really bad acid reflux, blocked eustachean tube, PND,a constant lump in my throat and B.B (obviously).
hence i believe that PPI's may really help. (i tried zantac for month which helped some of the symptoms but not the b.b.) hopefully il get something stronger than zantac.

if that avenue becomes a cull de sac, i'll get TMAU and H.Plori testing,
if they come out negative then i will consider a tonsillectomy.

we need to actively plan our course of action. AND ACTUALLY FOLLOW THROUGH WITH IT. and we need to overcome the embarrassment when trying to communicate with doctors about this condition because it is not our fault.

xx
cope

Post by cope »

Last edited by cope on Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jen
Advanced

Post by jen »

sadgirlbb wrote:
jen wrote:You are still young and have such a wonderful opportunity to gain knowledge and try different things that I'm sure you will each find your cure before long and have a happy and fulfilled bb-free life....
Thanks Jen for the compliment!! :D lol But I'm 47 years old and have been living with this 36 years.... God that is such a long time!
Lol, sadgirl - sorry! Just shows how dangerous it is to assume... This horrible affliction has added years to my life. Sometimes I just feel so ancient, as though everybody must be younger than me.
sadgirlbb
Advanced

Post by sadgirlbb »

haha.... its ok Jen.... :lol:

But yeah I feel I have years added on to me too. Because of the stress of it all. I really envy those ppl who never have had bb. I wish SO BAD I could be like that and not have it constantly on my mind 24/7 stressing, worrying, thinking everyone is talking/thinking horrible things about me.

UGH
MrDoubleB
Junior

Post by MrDoubleB »

If you get no weird reactions anymore. You are free! No matter what they say
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic