Your Email Address:

First Name:

Raw food - Jimi - teeth sensitivity advice

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
john_bb
Advanced

Raw food - Jimi - teeth sensitivity advice

Post by john_bb »

A lot of ppl who try raw food have tooth sensitivity..
here is a good video about staying raw and protecting teeth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4H1R2AZzTc

deebo

Re: Raw food - Jimi - teeth sensitivity advice

Post by deebo »

Yea, I think the tooth issue when raw can really vary from person to person .
When i went fruitarian the 1st time ,after 1 month i was having issues with bones and teeth so I stopped . A few months later I tried again ,and did not have any teeth issues even after 6+ months of 100% fruitarian .

There are many things to be considered if someone is having tooth issues while raw. Persons with low gut acid can have a harder time getting nutrients from raw food than cooked . This can cause malnourishment . In the video the guy says how a candy bars processed sugar doesn't feed bacteria as well as fruit sugars . For my that is bullshit . At times i can literally feel pains when i eat a sugary candy bar . I would never have pain when eating 5, 10 or even 15 bananas or apples in 1 sitting , and afterwords my mouth doesn't feel gooey like it would after a candy bar. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3lV27F0w_g

Again , of course ,these things Vary from person to person .

"skunkhugs" bb/bo support chat on Skype =)
john_bb
Advanced

I got tooth sensitivity right on the 15th day of my raw diet

Post by john_bb »

It all started when I munched a cup of raisins. after I ate them all..my teeth became very sensitive...even a blow of air could irritate them.
1) Finally I decreased dramatically the intake of citrus fruits.
2) Stopped using tooth paste (surprisingly I didnt notice any difference in my breath if I didnt use it...)
3) eating more sprouts and greens.

I may also take some supplements for bone and teeth.
john_bb
Advanced

Post by john_bb »

@ Deebo: do u still have perceivable bad breath ?? after 6 months of raw
deebo

Post by deebo »

john_bb wrote:@ Deebo: do u still have perceivable bad breath ?? after 6 months of raw
in short , Yes . And its worse than before i went raw . During raw I did notice some relief from my breath and body odor ,but breath odor slowly came back . I believe it is a systemic issue like TMAU , (which i'm negative for) . There is a new breath test coming to Chicago through MEBO Research next month ,i want to take to see whats going on http://www.bloodbornebodyodorandhalitos ... study.html

Skunkhugs on Skype
Tibya
Advanced

Post by Tibya »

There are Saliva tests available at quite a few places now.
This is one near my place losgatosdentalgroup.com. I called them and they said they do preliminary lab work in their office, but for detailed analysis, they send it to Germany.
Their local lab test just shows what kind of basic bacteria one has orally. And in most cases everyone has all good and bad bacteria. Now when I asked what do they do when they find bad bacteria, they said mostly prescribe metro rinse, chlorine di , carifree products.... But for detail lab work, my saliva will get exported to Germany :)

Does anyone know if such clinics are true or they are just trying to rip me off :(

I already know I have bad bacteria.
deebo

Post by deebo »

Tibya wrote:.. But for detail lab work, my saliva will get exported to Germany :)

Does anyone know if such clinics are true or they are just trying to rip me off :(

I already know I have bad bacteria.
they're in Cali but ship to Germany . Thats odd . I'd want to contact the German lab myself and find out why a US lab can't do the work . What tests both labs would run . Compare prices . If the German labs do a relevant test for a competitive cost , it can't hurt .

skunkhugs on skype
Tibya
Advanced

Post by Tibya »

Hi Deebo, When I asked the front desk lady, she said, well that's how we work. We just have working relation with them.
I don't think they would give the information about the business with Germany lab.
The cost for local lab work is $75
The cost to export :-) my saliva to Germany is $250-$300 range.
I got tested for local lab, because they gave this free for me (a new patient discount). Doctor called me to the room where they had microscope attached to the monitor where she pointed out the bad ones and showed me a chart that that had good, medium bad and high bad bacteria. I have 3 of the high bad bacteria. But the when I asked the dentist whether its just me or lot of people have these high bad bacteria and she said, almost everyone has them. So why do we have bad breath, her answer our immunology, some just smell bad , some don't. Also, we may just have more of high bad bacteria where as some may have less of these.
So basically all they can do is bring/kill them in one stance with high antibiotics and then use maintenance rinse regularly. She also said, there is no way we can get rid of them, but the approach is to kill them in bulk with high dose so that bb sufferers have a chance to be normal and then get rid of antibitocis and use maintenace rinse regularly to keep them low.
Makes sense?? To some extent yes.
deebo

Post by deebo »

Tibya wrote:Hi Deebo, When I asked the front desk lady, she said, well that's how we work. We just have working relation with them.
I don't think they would give the information about the business with Germany lab.
The cost for local lab work is $75
The cost to export :-) my saliva to Germany is $250-$300 range.
I got tested for local lab, because they gave this free for me (a new patient discount). Doctor called me to the room where they had microscope attached to the monitor where she pointed out the bad ones and showed me a chart that that had good, medium bad and high bad bacteria. I have 3 of the high bad bacteria. But the when I asked the dentist whether its just me or lot of people have these high bad bacteria and she said, almost everyone has them. So why do we have bad breath, her answer our immunology, some just smell bad , some don't. Also, we may just have more of high bad bacteria where as some may have less of these.
So basically all they can do is bring/kill them in one stance with high antibiotics and then use maintenance rinse regularly. She also said, there is no way we can get rid of them, but the approach is to kill them in bulk with high dose so that bb sufferers have a chance to be normal and then get rid of antibitocis and use maintenace rinse regularly to keep them low.
Makes sense?? To some extent yes.
When we go to the dentist or Docs office ,they are Not prepared to do the actually Research and digging required to diagnose Chronic BB like many of us here have .
I might say a High percentage of us with chronic bb have a deep issue beyond the mouth , it just happens to come out at the mouth . I think anyone can show you some bugs in a microscope and tell you what they want you to hear to get your cash (insurance money). Tibya , you really did good by asking if your saliva is different from other peoples . I wonder what the Germans could find thats any different . Its your Right to know this !
Like Jimi and many others know , these dentists, ENTS , and loads of other Docs are happy to send us home with a bottle of antibiotics to Try on for size . We know that the bacteria just comes back stronger in many cases , but maybe they are willing to monitor your progress on the antibiotics with regular microscopy and odor tests for you . This would be good to hear about if they do . I might want to pay them a visit too then :)

btw, Tibya , did you get my PM ?

skunkhugs on skype
Tibya
Advanced

Post by Tibya »

Hi Deebo,
Yes, they will be monitoring me into local lab. The dentist gave me (charged me a lot) for carifree bottle. Its basically bleach, she already explained it to me, but said its well diluted and asked me not to swollow. After 2 week of use of this carifree rinse, she will test my saliva again.
I did not get your PM.

I am guessing, chlorine/bleach is better than antibiotics? Hope this works for me. God please help us all.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic