Your Email Address:

First Name:

Dating

Do you have any quesions about bad breath?
222chick
Advanced

Dating

Post by 222chick »

I doubt this exists, but is anyone aware of a dating website for people with ailments like bb? Or any private Facebook groups?

H0peful

Post by H0peful »

No, sorry. It would be interesting though.

Since we are on the topic of dating, I recently proposed to my girlfriend of 3 years.

I honestly don't know if she loves me so much that she doesn't mind my BB, or that she can't smell it. Or maybe not all the time? I don't see how one cannot smell it during kissing.

Whatever it is, I'm determined to find a way out of this curse. It is completely devastating to my social life. I'm oftentimes told by my family and friends that I'm not talkative enough. I would LOVE to talk if I didn't fear peoples' bad reactions. During such conversation, I have a lot to say in my mind, but I dare not open my mouth in fear of people catching a whiff.

AHH!!
222chick
Advanced

Post by 222chick »

Congratulations on your engagement. Hearing about so many of us being in happy relationships gives me hope that it may happen for me. This problem just makes it hard to put myself out there. And it's not my only problem. The only guy I have been intimate with only mentioned my bb many years back when we were still teenagers. When we started being intimate again, he never said anything about it although I knew I still had the problem. He would never give me full kisses and I would only give him light kisses back with my mouth barely open making sure not to exhale out my mouth.

I am only talkative when I am at a safe distance from people, but it is torture when I have to be close to people. I have to do the barely breathing and barely talking thing.
H0peful

Post by H0peful »

Thank you, dear!

How old are you, if you don't mind me asking. I just turned 23.

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll find someone! About the kisses, I know exactly what you mean. My fiancee does try to kiss me more passionately, but I always back away and come up with some lame excuse (I'm not in the mood, it's not the right time/place, I have a sore on my tongue, etc.). When we do kiss casually, I make sure my mouth is closed, so I don't exhale like you stated.

The hardest part is kissing before/during sex. Not kissing is not an option because then the sex isn't nearly as meaningful. In such times, I always have to floss/brush excessively and chew a sugar-free gum, and keep it in my mouth deceptively lol, during such times.

It's so frustrating for me because I have NO idea where to start with locating the source of my BB. I'm going to write a post tomorrow morning with my story and symptoms.
222chick
Advanced

Post by 222chick »

Oh we are close in age. :) I just turned 24.

I also did the oral hygiene thing and a fresh piece of gum in right before having sex. It was oh so humiliating when he would outright tell me about my bb, but I never would have known if he didn't. From my experience, you don't find many people who will be honest with you, but their actions tell it all. I believe that I may have tonsil stones, but I can never see any :?
H0peful

Post by H0peful »

So many possibilities!

I am determined to find a cure or dramatically decrease my BB before I get married in two years! I do not want to offend people with my BB on my wedding night!

Tonsil stones

Gastro-intestinal problems

Hormone imbalance problems

Candida infection

teeth infection/decay

The fact that I have Hepatitis C (although it's inactive now, but it did mess with my liver a little). The fact that the liver has so many roles and how much it impacts body function is making me feel like it may be THE cause of my BB or perhaps contribute significantly to it.

I'm so sleepy I can't even think anymore lol
222chick
Advanced

Post by 222chick »

I coughed up a tonsil stone once when I was in high school but I haven't since then even though I have tried hard to get one to come out. I just need proof that they are there. If they are, then I will get my tonsils out and hope that gets rid of it. But I am thinking maybe I don't have them because I don't EVER see any back there. Maybe they are hiding deep in pockets? Idk. I've considered candida infection too. I so hope you can find a cure before your wedding. I would explore the hepatitis thing if I were you.

Yea, I'm sleepy too. It's almost 5 AM here. haha.
H0peful

Post by H0peful »

I don't even know how to check for tonsil stones :-k

I recently changed clinics from a childrens hospital to a more renowned clinic here in California. I have an appointment with my liver doctor on the 2nd of April, and I'm planning on addressing this issue with her.

East Coast, eH?
222chick
Advanced

Post by 222chick »

I open my mouth really wide, try to keep my tongue out of the way as much as possible and use a flash light to look for them.

Good luck with your appointment. It's so embarrassing talking about it to doctors. When I went to a consultation for a tonsillectomy, the ent was so laid back, chipper and cool about it. She outright said, "So you've been getting nasty breath with the stones?" I said, "yep." But the thing is I am not 100% sure I get them so that's why I didn't go through with the procedure. That, and the horror stories I heard about it and the cost of it.

And yep, east coast. Georgia.
222chick
Advanced

Post by 222chick »

If I don't reply back, it's because I have passed out. Be sure to post your story tomorrow, I'll be looking for it. I will be coming here regularly again. It's so nice to know I am not alone in this.
H0peful

Post by H0peful »

I'll do the flashlight thing when I can lol

And I'll be sure to post my long sad story tomorrow.

Go get some sleep.
MrDoubleB
Junior

Post by MrDoubleB »

Hahaha, Welcome to TheBBDatingSite.

"The only place where love and bb can be combined."

Rules before joining:
"You can only become a member when you suffer from bb."

[sarcasm]Yes, finally we have a reason to be happy of having bb.[/sarcasm]
222chick
Advanced

Post by 222chick »

MrDoubleB, that was so sad and funny at the same time.
deebo

Post by deebo »

hopeful , congrats n your proposal man .

Its not unlikely that there Is an Odor related dating site . I know there are official meetups . I heard 2 sufferers in UK have just married and there are others in the works =)

More and more sufferers are finding solace in others who can understand this issue 1st hand .

222chick , there is a girl on Arun's odor site that says she would set up a dating site for sufferers but its been a while . Maybe you could collaborate with her to set one up ! http://breathandbodyodour.proboards.com ... 390&page=1

I'll take a very conservative guess as say At Least 50% of males with chronic odor see it as ideal to find someone who also deals with a similar issue . I personally know of 2 cases where guys have broken up with non-sufferer based mostly on a lack of understanding due to this .

Skukhugs on skype
222chick
Advanced

Post by 222chick »

OK Deebo. I will check it out the site and join. Thanks. I really need to connect with people who are going through this. :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic