Your Email Address:

First Name:

When you sneeze does it stink?

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
coconuthead
Advanced

When you sneeze does it stink?

Post by coconuthead »

I have noticed that when I sneeze into the air and smell it, it smells horrible.

After doing research, I found that typically when you have a smelly sneeze you have some type of infection in your sinuses. I've had these smelly sneezes for years. I honestly think that my BB is coming from my sinuses. I may have had a sinus problem all of these years and never knew it. For as long as I've had bad breath, I've had these smelly sneezes. My sneezes smell exactly like my nasal odor. I was actually cured from my nasal odor for a little over a month, with the help of antibiotics, but it came back.

mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

What does your nasal odor smell like? You can smell it by yourself?
coconuthead
Advanced

Post by coconuthead »

mike987 wrote:What does your nasal odor smell like? You can smell it by yourself?
Yes. Some days it's a lot worse than other days. I can smell it by just breathing through my nose, or sometimes I'll breathe and walk through it and smell it that way. Other times I'll put my fingers up to my nose and the smell will backfire from off my fingers. Sometimes, when I blow my nose I can smell it in the tissue. It's kind of difficult to describe the smell, but it has a sweet smell mixed with spit. It smells exactly like my sneeze. I was told by my cousin that my sneeze smells horrible. I actually sneezed in the car, and she had to let the window down. It was really embarassing :oops:

The crazy thing is I can smell my nasal odor, but I can't smell my breath. So, I don't even know exactly what my breath smells like. I've been told it smells like "shit" though.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

So sometimes when I'm blowing my nose or using a tissue, I can sense this 'smell' that's related to colored mucus..
Is yours like the smell of snot or mucus?

It's not really bad, but I don't think it stinks... And I can't just smell it.

I doubt we have the same problem though..

Sounds like you have a sinus infection, or maybe a sinus fungus? Either that, or the sneeze stinks to others because it's a sudden burst of BB air from your lungs.
math

Post by math »

Yup, I know what you are talking about. That's the reason I sneeze inside my shirt if I have to. Smells of mix of rotten teeth and putrid mucus.
deebas
Advanced

Post by deebas »

talking about sneezing, I often notice that other people sneeze a lot around me especially at work.

its not unusual for 4 or 5 people around me to break out in sneezing fits and then everyone says its weird so many people sneezing

anyone else ever noticed this?
Eric
Advanced

Post by Eric »

@deebas - your description of other people sneezing around you sounds very similar to PATM or People Allergic To Me. Used to be brought up quite a bit on these forums. Many BB sufferers, including myself, seem to notice that our BB doesn't only cause typical reactions, but also people around us sneezing/coughing. I don't remember hearing anything else definitive about PATM, wish I could help more.
George80
Junior

Post by George80 »

do you use cortisol sprays in your nose? I experienced a sort of burned smell when using them. my theory is that my olfactory cells perceive the smell of my sinuses.
bbsux
Advanced

Post by bbsux »

I just sneezed like 3-4 times in a row and didnt smell anything.

Only time i remember smelling something when sneezing was early early in the morning when i didnnt even brush and had a horrible taste in my mouth. I chalked it up to being normal.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic