Your Email Address:

First Name:

Don't think you have tonsil stones? Check for yourself

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
mike987
Super Angel

Don't think you have tonsil stones? Check for yourself

Post by mike987 »

I was surfing for information concerning tonsils, and came across this discussion about tonsil stones

http://www.ascentstage.com/archives/200 ... liths.html

Occasioanlly, I do have tonsil stones, but no longer the size and frequency that plagued me a couple years ago.. So recently I haven't really had a problem with them at all.. Sometimes a small bit may come into my mouth,.. after you've had these you know exactly what they are..

Anywhoo, after reading this discussion, I was inspired to get in front of a mirror with a flashlight and examine my tonsils for the first time in my life.. I've looked into the mirror before, but you don't get the definition that a dark room, flashlight, and open mouth can offer.. I grabbed a cotton swab and figured I'd explore these fleshy crypts..

To my surprise, I saw a tiny stone residing in one of my tonsil's crevices.. I poked around in there and got the little guy out, and he was even smaller than he appeared in my mouth.. This cued the thought that perhaps those who don't have tonsil stones do in fact have them, and just don't realize it.. After the tonsil stone was removed (amazing how much smell can come from such a tiny thing) I gave a cotton swab a twist into that crevice, brought it to my nose and it still was smelly! Probing my other tonsil gave a swab that was rather neutral in smell, so I think I know which tonsil to start blaming..

If you read through that discussion I've linked, you'll get a good idea of how to check for yourself, if you haven't already.. Maybe I'm wrong, and you guys know your mouth innards like the back of your hand, but I thought you may be interested.. Hidden tonsil stones definitely have what it takes to stink up a mouth minutes after brushing, despite their small size ..

austuser
Sheriff

Post by austuser »

I think youll find that your tonsils will only smell like that when a tonsil stone is present, or just after you removed one. Try again in a day or so when u are sure there is no stone in there and i bet it wont smell when you pull out the cotton tip.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

:shock: i tried again later in the day and the smell seemed to be leaving..

the next day though, i tried, and discovered tonsil stone babies.. in extremely early development stage .. but even they stank! argh.. i need to find a good rinse until i can afford to get my tonsils removed ..

it seems that the moment something enters that crypt, the bacteria that was lying in wait climbs all over it, forming a new stone..
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic