Your Email Address:

First Name:

After about 4 years off this site I am back. Here's why...

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Eric
Advanced

After about 4 years off this site I am back. Here's why...

Post by Eric »

Firstly I want to apologize for abandoning this forum without giving any kind of notice. There were many times that I would come home after a rough day of BB reactions and find solace here.

Secondly, I want to state as clearly as possible my reason for leaving. I felt like I was obsessing over my BB to a ridiculous extent by constantly checking this forum (while at work, etc.) I realized that if I didn't think about my BB constantly and didn't come home and pore over every new detail it was much easier to just ignore my problem and forget about it.

The reason I am back is because, as everyone on here seems to understand, this horrible and officially unrecognized condition continues to persist. I know I still have BB. All it takes is common sense and seeing a few very recognizable and distinct BB reactions. It's funny though, over the years I have become jaded and I almost don't care about reactions any more. Sometimes when I do notice what I consider to be a ridiculous 'over-reaction' I purposefully try to exhale a little more BB around the person. Some kind of stupid wanna-be revenge I guess.

Either way I feel like I should also share that I was recently diagnosed with peridontal disease. I really don't think this was/is the original cause of my BB, but who knows. I was reading briefly about the ileocal valve staying open theory and that seems to make a lot more sense for my "poo-smelling" breath.

From now on I will try to visit this site once a week or so to check up and hear everyone's stories and hopefully someday cures. We are all in this together, I wish we could all just go live on a commune somewhere and tell the rest of the world to f off :D

mtr
Advanced

Re: After about 4 years off this site I am back. Here's why.

Post by mtr »

Eric wrote:We are all in this together, I wish we could all just go live on a commune somewhere and tell the rest of the world to f off :D

Yay!!! \:D/
Phantasist
Sheriff

Post by Phantasist »

Welcome back to the forum.

I think a lot of knowledge has accumulated about the many different causes of breath odor in the last four years.

For instance, if you have a white coating on your tongue and some digestive disorders, you might look into the possibility of Candida Albicans, a type of yeast which could have established itself in your intestines. Candida is suspected in another thread describing the effect of Lufenuron.
The hand we are dealt is fate. How we play the cards is free will.
NOTANYMORE
Master

Post by NOTANYMORE »

At least you have found the obviouse cause....periodontal disease. I've read up (as I'm sure most of us have) on many different symptoms and possible cures for BB and have seen more than a few people cured by getting periodontal disease treated. The only thing is that it will be a constant battle to maintain a healthy mouth.

Someone posted about having smelly sneezes and guess what? I searched and read and this husband and wife were both cured from getting root scaling and planing with antibiotics in the gum pockets.

When I first stared posting here, i had found my cure and advised others to ignore their teeth and gums. This was terrible advice and given based on my experiences at work (hospital) and seeing countless people with red gums, long teeth, etc who didn't seem to have BB. What I have since discovered is that these people somehow have enough good bacteria to sort of cancel out any smells. We don't.

Please post your experiences with periodontal treatment and how it affects your halitosis.
MrDoubleB
Junior

Post by MrDoubleB »

Hey, welcome back, did anything change in the meantime?
deebas
Advanced

Re: After about 4 years off this site I am back. Here's why.

Post by deebas »

mtr wrote:
Eric wrote:We are all in this together, I wish we could all just go live on a commune somewhere and tell the rest of the world to f off :D

Yay!!! \:D/
i dream about that everyday

i always try to live in denial where i dont have a problem. I look forward to being at home after work where i can relax and try and de-stress if that's possible
Eric
Advanced

Post by Eric »

In the meantime I have tried to eat less junk food/fast food, etc. and it seems to make a noticeable difference. I used to have the bad habit of eating donuts, french bread, and croissants in the mornings before work. Over a long amount of time I figured out that eating these foods seemed to make me produce super-potent BB. Anytime someone would talk to me I could smell my own horrible BB after eating these foods. How somebody's breath can make you smell your own is a whole other topic. But yeah my recommendation would be to try to limit intake of processed foods, preservatives, and carbohydrates.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic