First Name:

Need some help here please

Tell us your story with bad breath
Sickandtired
Junior

Need some help here please

Post by Sickandtired »

First of all, good day everyone!
I've been readin u for some time, and i could really use your help, since u guys know a lot as i see. So, this is my story:
I reaaaally don't know for how long is this happening to me, because i'm close to one person who had the same problem and we all around were full of lets say understanding. So when i started to notice the same problem in my mouth i first thought it was just fobia but soon realized it's not. So first i went do my dentist and he told me everything is fine, after that i cut out my tonsils cuz they were in horrible condition, that contributed to bb situation but didnt cured it completely, oh and also while i was on tests for that surgery ENT told me i have allergic rhinitis (till i was 16 i struggled every spring with runny nose, couldnt open my eyes if i wolud walk through park and caughing was horrible, but after some time it stopped) and since i was child i always had problem with my tonsils , throat, ears.So, few months ago i went to see my doc again and she sent me to do blood test and to ENT again, my blood resoults came just fine and my ENT added to my all.rhinitis a pharnyngitis and put me on avamys(again), aquamaris, and those pills for throat like mints (i dont know how to explain it hh) and ofc that didnt helped much. I asked my friends abt my bb they told me they dont smell nothing but still there he is because i fell somethimes it gets down but thats a rare situations, i have annoying PND, my thongue is white and my mouth 90% of day are dry, oh and just few days ago i did smear of throat and nose and tests came out clean. I'm going crazy here sooo PLEASE PLEASE give me some advice, or anything cause im going crazy here!!
And pls do excuse me for my bad english, and this huge text, but i really need your help. Thank you for reading i hope :)))!

LisaLisa
Junior

Post by LisaLisa »

Hi Sickandtired. Do you have bad smells from your mouth and nose or just your mouth?

Also, are you drinking a LOT of water? If you drink enough water it may help with your dry mouth and pnd.

Your friends say you don't have BB. What makes you think you do? Bad taste in mouth, reactions from other people, or can you smell your own breath?

Lisa
Sickandtired
Junior

Post by Sickandtired »

Hallo Lisa, first of all thank you for your reply:)
Well i have bb from my mouth but sometimes i can feel it from my nose too, its like when i squeeze my throat and try to swallow that mucous (whic is sometimes yellow and sometimes white) and exhale through nose i can smell it, and its just horrible. And also while i'm swallowing it i feel some kind of pressure in my chest?

Yes, i do drink a lot water trust me but it's all the same...

And what makes me think i have bb, well everything you wrote is playing a role in my case, bad taste, reactions and i can feel it :/
It's driving me crazy all this, smelling my breath all the time and not knowing whats causing
it and how to treat it.
Have any idea?
Thank you a lot.
LisaLisa
Junior

Post by LisaLisa »

Good morning S&T (it's morning where I am anyway),

First let me tell you I'm in no position to diagnose anyone. I've tried a a million remedies for my own BB and looked into dozens of possible causes and have gotten nowhere.

Your white tongue - is it like white patches that you can pick or scrape off that leave sore red spots underneath? If so I would suspect oral thrush, a yeast infection of the mouth. If it's just a soft white coating that can be scraped away there could be many causes. The only time I get that sort of tongue coating is when I'm not drinking enough water.

If I were you I would look at a possible sinus connection. Did your ENT do a CT scan?

Lisa
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

S&T give your tonsils a good inspection. Your symptoms sound like you may have tonsil stones building up inside them.

There seems to be a definite correlation between having chronic halitosis and having tonsil stones. But beware that tonsil stones are probably just a symptom of having chronic halitosis rather than a cause.
Sickandtired
Junior

Post by Sickandtired »

Lisa I'm so sorry to hear that, i really hope that you will find a solution eventually.
Abt my tongue, i have those strawberry spots under white coating but i would say it's normal. White coating is even there when i scrape it but it's less intensive. But now this morning (this sometimes happens) when i woke up it was less white than usually and i dont know why, something is happening and i cant tell what. My dry mouth is still present.
I'm going to see my ENT tomorrow and i we'll see. Oh and no he never did ct. Will ask him.

Halitosisux, yes i've considered that but it was more than six months ago and that's when i got the out of my throat, i did surgery. And that helped but not completely.
LisaLisa
Junior

Post by LisaLisa »

Hey S&T, how are you doing? How was your ENT appointment?

Lisa
Sickandtired
Junior

Post by Sickandtired »

Good afternoon Lisa, well, not so good since he was booked that day i went to see him so now i need to wait for few more days :// .. How r u progressing?
LisaLisa
Junior

Post by LisaLisa »

Sorry you have to wait to see the ENT. Doctors can be so frustrating. My progression... it's hard to say. I have good and bad days. I'm not really ready to assess what impact the Lufenuron may be having on my breath just yet. I'd like to see a solid pattern of good days before I put on my cheerleader's outfit and and give three cheers for Lufenuron :)

Keep me posted; I hope you get to see the doc soon!
pagmic2
Advanced

rhinitis and dry mouth

Post by pagmic2 »

Dude, If you have rhinitis you need to use NielMed Sinugator or other NielMed nasal rinser or Netti Pot (with boiled water so you don't get brain-inflaming ameoba infection). For dry mouth you need Pilocarpine medicine. Pray for Jesus to show you the answers and to make these things work well, and thank Him for them. Maybe you need a saliva analysis for immunoglobulins and enzymes and pathogens like yeast and lactobacilli and mutans streptococci. Sincerely, Mike
Sickandtired
Junior

Post by Sickandtired »

Hey lisa hope we'll rase glasses and celebrate together!! Fingers crossed! In my case still no news, still waiting bu i can say, im trying hard to remove all that yellow mucus from my nose and throat and i feel better from time to time :D still a loz of othe stuff came by these days so i can say i'm going to see a lot doctors these days :// but still hoping to find a solution :)) . Have a wonderful day!
Pagmic, yes i'm waiting to see ent, and if it doesnt help this time i'm considering to buy a sinupulse, but i need to ve sure that rhinitis is doing all this. Thank u.
Sickandtired
Junior

Post by Sickandtired »

Good day everyone, here is some news in my situation.. I've been seeing my new dentist and ent. First dentist: he took x-ray of my teeth and even i prayed for something beiing wrong with them he said i have really good teeth, the only problem was my upper wisdom teeth cause there is no much space up there so he wanted to pull them out so they don't cause me problems in future (yeah right like i dont have problem now) so he took one out and another one is going out in a few days. And for now everything is same with bb. But well, i knew thats not going to change my bb so i didnt have too much hope..
Now ent: a month ago he gave me some nose spray and told me i have to rinise my sinuses. Also he found i have deviated septum and few other things. Few days ago i went again cause he ordered an endoscopy. Well well, he find out my right side is pushing my left a little bit too much and saw my adenoid going crazy but he said and wrote something abt 40% for that, dont know what would that mean cause i don speak medical language :). So to end this he told me i need to go on long therapy and i need to be on antibiotics for 6 weeks, and we'll see after that. If i still feel the same problems after that i'll need to do ct. So, tomorrow i'll start with antib. and will keep u posted. Fingers crossed..
lost1234
Junior

Post by lost1234 »

I have the same taste, smell, and feeling in my mouth too. Did you tell your dr you think you have bb? And does he say he smells it?Ive meet up with ppl from here, asked my drs, random ppl and a couple friends who say they never smelled bb on me. I have things happen to me daily that can make me believe its in my head or reactions that make me believe my bb is horrible. I do manage to get a decent amount of girls but the times I get turned down I immediately think its my breath. im confused about the situation. But I am leaning toward it is all in my head. My older post I tell my experiences that make me believe this.
Sickandtired
Junior

Post by Sickandtired »

What kind of smell do you think you have? And do you have white tongue. And just some info abt white tongue, mine is pretty bad but its been getting worse lately before it wasnt that white (i had bb then) and i dont know why.. But also i noticed that few of my friends have it too but they dont have bb, because i'm always complaning abt my tongue and then they show me theirs and trust me a lot of ppl have slightly white tongue.
Yes, i told my doctor abt bb, she didnt tell anything abt smelling it, but she put me through some tests and now i'm seeing my ent couse he found a problem, but i didnt tell him abt bb because there was three ppl in room and it wasnt very delightful situation but i told him abt tongue problem.
And btw. I dont know did u ever did that but when i smoke weed (rare occasions :D) every trace of my bb disappears, and u know how dry your mouth gets then, unveliveable and i cant explain it.
Back to you, if u really do suffer from halitophobia, do something abt it cause youll go crazy, ask everyone around you.. Cause ppl reactions dont always mean you have bb especcialy if its all in your head, you really need to test it and put it behind you. Oh and how and when did u realise that u suffer from bb?
Btw. I read somewhere that it can happen that ppl who suffer from halitophobia often have strange taste in mouth, something like they are not used to it (dont know how to explain it, hope u understand what i mean), so who knows, maybe that's you case..
Sickandtired
Junior

Post by Sickandtired »

Updates:
After my 6 week course with Clarithromycin nothing changed. I was desperate, angry, nervous, you name it... Had my thyroid checked as well, and test resoults were normal.
Now I'm waiting for endoscpy and h.pylori testing.
Had my control at ENT after antibiotics failed. Funny story, he went crazy after he saw a gum in my mouth haha they really don't like that but sorry man i don't like my breath either. So, he told me now i need to do CT and that we'll have to operate it, i went crazy immediately and told him i will not do it unless i know he did everything he could and that operation is my last straw. He told me it's very likely i won't respond to any further treatment because he gave the longest one and as i say, 0 help. But at the end he put me on new nasal spray and Prednisone (for two weeks) and nasal irrigation 4 times a day.
Oh yes and he told me he saw something like cobweb in my sinuses at the moment, and that fungus are quilty for that. Nice, very nice, but i noticed now that the weather changed, my sinuses are more stuffy so i think it has to do something with that (on endoscopy there were no fungus up there, so i doubt this is the fault, as they seem to come and go, and my problem remains)
Also I noticed that my pnd increases when it gets colder outside, but somehow my bb seems worst on hot days (pnd is at his lowest then).
So, if all this failes i don't know what will i do with that surgery, probably i will go with it but before that i will get out my lower wisdoms even though they are all grown (desparate move i would say) and if all that fails, well then I'm doomed and will officially hit the wall!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic