Your Email Address:

First Name:

Lisa's LUFENURON for CANDIDA experience (updated daily)

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
LisaLisa
Junior

Lisa's LUFENURON for CANDIDA experience (updated daily)

Post by LisaLisa »

DAY ONE (first dose taken yesterday)

It was suggested in the "big Lufenuron thread" that people journal their experiences with various treatments in individual threads in order to make information more fluid and easily accessible to others. This is my Lufenuron thread. I mentioned this in a different post, but I'll say it again here: I have no reason to believe I have issues with Candida. I can check off most of the symptoms on the "Candida quizes", but I assume most other people can as well. I don't get oral thrush, skin rashes, or yeast infections. I read how other people were having success with Lufenuron, so I decided to order it "just to see" if it would work for me.

Anyway, it's been about 16 or 17 hours since I took my first dose:

1. I woke up this morning with a large lump on the center/right side of my lower lip which looks like it'll be turning into a cold sore the size of a dime soon. I have swollen lymph nodes on the right side of my neck and right underarm. Being a hypochondriac and a geek, I researched lymph nodes (there are over 300 in your neck alone!) and found that it is a "submental lymph node" in my neck that is swollen. These nodes "drain the central portions of the lower lip, floor of the mouth, and apex of the tongue", so I'm fairly certain the cold sore/lymph nodes are related.

2. I guess I have "brain fog". I can't type worth shit. I've forgotten how to spell. It's taking me a long time to write posts because of so many typos. I usually type fairly well.

3. Dear Lord, do I STINK. My BB often takes on a skunk-like odor, like when you're driving past a dead skunk on the road. This morning, however, I smell like a skunk sprayed directly into my face. It's making me gag. I keep walking around spraying air freshener because I'm afraid the smell will seep into my neighbors' apartments or into the hallway. I've been chugging water all morning hoping to dilute the odor.

That's about it. I took some ibuprofen over an hour ago because this lymph node in my neck hurts so bad, but it's not helping. Poor me.

IN CONCLUSION: from what I've read about Lufenuron, Candida die-off typically begins occurring after the second or third dose, or later, so this seems premature. My assumption is that the cold sore, etc is a coincidence, and I'm simply coming down with a cold or something.

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Lisa, good luck, I hope this works for you.

If it does then I hope jimi can make an entire section for lufenuron, like he has for TMAU for example. This way all the lufenuron experiences can be moved into this new section and people who come to the site can quickly see the facts for themselves.

Where would you say your odour is predominantly coming from?
LisaLisa
Junior

Post by LisaLisa »

Thanks Hali. A Lufenuron subforum would be nice, assuming it works for at least 1 or 2 people. Hopefully more will start posting about their results. It seems like at least 20 people have ordered the stuff. Maybe if I created a poll (if I can figure out how) people would come and at least click on a button to say if it worked or not.

The skunk odor: I think it came mainly from my nose, but I could definitely taste it in my mouth. It was unbearable even with my mouth closed. I used an electric toothbrush and spent like 15 minutes brushing everywhere I could reach in my mouth, then followed up with a long rinse and gargle with Listerine. Once my taste buds recovered from the shock of the Listerine, the smell/taste was just as horrible as before. It felt like I was breathing the smell out of my entire body, if that makes sense.
LisaLisa
Junior

Post by LisaLisa »

DAY TWO (second dose taken yesterday)

I forgot to mention before that I'm not taking any other treatments/supplements, and I'm not on a special diet. If anything my diet is worse due to having to eat a high-fat meal with the Lufe.

1. The large lump on my lower lip is still there. I found an old expired tube of Abreva (cold sore medication) and have been applying it frequently. I think that's the main reason it hasn't erupted into a blistery, cold sore-y mess yet.

2. Lymph nodes still swollen, worse than yesterday. It hurts to turn my head from side-to-side or nod up and down.

3. A couple pimples developed on my face overnight. Small ones, but I rarely get acne anymore, and when I do it's just a red spot that goes away in a day or two. These are actual white-headed zits. Between the pimples and the lip lump, my whole face seems to ache.

4. I'm extremely thirsty. Not just a dry mouth, but like my whole body is craving water. I always drink a ton of water, so I know it's not accidental dehydration or anything.

5. The horrific smell from yesterday is gone. It ended up going away within 5 or 6 hours.

6. No positive results (reduction in BB, wetter tongue, etc).

IN CONCLUSION: I'm starting to think I might be experiencing some sort of die-off, rather than a cold. I don't have any other symptoms indicating a cold or flu. I guess I'm still basically on the fence.
LisaLisa
Junior

Post by LisaLisa »

DAY THREE: (third and final dose taken yesterday)

Ugh, I woke up at 4:30 because it's really windy here and some neighbor has wind chimes hanging from their balcony that are REALLY FREAKING LOUD. Anyway, I'm glad I'm done taking the Lufe. I get really weird about my food, and I hated mixing that powder into things I was going to eat. And no many how many spices I added, I swore I could taste the stuff.

1. Despite my best efforts to prevent it, I think this big ol' lip lump will be a full-blown cold sore soon. It's become hard and a little flaky. My whole lower lip is swollen, and it hurts.

2. The pain from my lip is spreading down into my chin, and the pain from my swollen lymph node(s?) is spreading UP to my chin, so I have this continuous line of pain from lip to neck.

3. My neck hurts. Badly. The lymph node is large and hard (haha... no really, it is). I'm beginning to wonder if I should call my doctor, but I'm not quite at that point yet.

4. My throat feels swollen. I assume this is from my giant lumpy neck. Not too worried because it doesn't hurt to swallow or anything.

5. Pluses: no fever, no more "brain fog", no strong hideous stench like Day One, and the lymph node in my armpit seems to be returning to normal. The taste in my mouth appears to be changing, but I want to wait another day or two before commenting any further on that. Oh, and one of my pimples disappeared, but I still have one on the corner of my mouth (I bet y'all want to kiss me real bad, dontcha?) :D

CONCLUSION: Gah, I feel like so much crap, but I think it's due in part to me babying myself all weekend. As much as I want this to be die-off, I'm know the swollen lymph nodes could very well be caused by the cold sore (a virus) kicking my immune system into action. However, I've had cold sores before and never had this reaction to them. So now I wait and see how things go for the rest of the week. If I'm still in so much pain at the end of the week I will see my doctor, admit to her that I ingested flea medication, and hang my head in shame :oops:
clara0
Master

Post by clara0 »

Thanks Lisa for the entire thread please keep us informed...I really really hope it works for you.
LisaLisa
Junior

Post by LisaLisa »

Thank you, Clara. I do plan on updating daily at least through the end of this week... for better or for worse.
LisaLisa
Junior

Post by LisaLisa »

DAY FOUR:

In reading other Lufenites' updates the past few days, I noticed most are taking some form of anti-fungal(s) to assist with getting rid of remaining Candida. I can't tolerate the taste of GSE (and thereby assume I wouldn't tolerate the taste of tea tree oil), so I searched around online looking for natural food-type anti-fungals. Duh... coconut oil! I went to my kitchen cabinet and sure enough there was an almost full jar of organic extra virgin coconut oil, still fresh and coconuty. I took 2 tbsp, about an hour apart. I also smeared some all over my cold sore, since it has anti-viral properties as well. I continued using it on my cold sore several times through the evening, and took 2 more tbsp before bed (I visited at least a dozen sites and all recommend 3-4 tbsp per day, except for one guy on Curezone who did a 4-day coconut oil fast). I also made a batch of hummus with extra extra garlic, another good anti-fungal. Soooo...

1. About an hour after taking my second tbsp of CO, I developed a rash of many tiny red spots on the backs of both hands. I rubbed some CO on them several times for a couple hours, and the rash disappeared. This morning I have a very mild form of the same rash, which I'll treat with CO once I'm off the computer.

2. I was in severe pain most of the day, which seemed to worsen after taking CO. The pain had begun radiating from my lip/chin/neck to the entire right side of my head. I had an earache, sinus pressure, pain in my cheekbones, etc. I was eating ibuprofen like it was candy (bad, I know).

3. I've had extreme "brain fog" and drowsiness since starting the CO. I was practically nodding off as I washed dishes last night. This morning... well, you have no idea how long it's taking me to write this post.

4. Yay! The swelling in my lip is almost completely gone, with just slight swelling where the cold sore is. The sore itself is pretty small now. Also, the swollen lymph node is almost back to normal size, and barely hurts at all.

5. I still have a slight earache and some sinus pressure, and I feel like I have mild pnd. Also, I have a sore throat (pnd?). I'm assuming these will worsen after I take some CO today.

6. When I woke up this morning I felt like I had "normal" morning breath. After I drank a cup of coffee, I felt like I had normal coffee breath, with a slightly bitter taste in my mouth. After brushing my teeth, I don't feel minty fresh, but I can't smell or taste anything bad either. There's a slight mucus-y taste toward the back of my mouth (pnd?).

CONCLUSION: The coconut oil is obviously doing something. Either killing Candida or some other fungus or microbial nasty. It could be killing Candida which was weakened from the Lufe, but of course I can't say for sure. Either way, I definitely feel like I'm going through die-off of something. Hopefully it's the "something" that causes my BB. I'll be continuing with CO and garlic for the rest of the week, but want to find some other natural anti-fungals to use next week so I can alternate. I'll be searching online, but if anyone has any suggestions for this I'd love to hear them.

I hope everyone is well today!
snoopsister
Sheriff

Post by snoopsister »

Lisa, it for sure sounds like you are experiencing candida die off. it gets worse before better. Candida is a bitch to treat and this sounds very strong and promising! God bless you and I hope you are cured :D
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

Keep doing what you're doing.

This all sounds pretty harsh. Do you think it's these recent meds/cures you've been taking??
LisaLisa
Junior

Post by LisaLisa »

Hey Sister, thanks so much for the well wishes. I really hope this is the answer for me, because I'm running out of ideas!

Hi Mike. Truthfully, I'm still at the point where I could go either way on these symptoms. The fact that the cold sore (which seems to be the precursor to all these other maladies) appeared less than a day after my first dose of Lufenuron seems a bit too coincidental. The sore could have caused my immune system to go into overdrive and create all these other conditions. However the addition of coconut oil has definitely had an impact, and as it seems to be both causing the rash on my hands as well as curing it looks very Candida-y to me. If I printed this thread and showed it to my doctor, she could probably explain everything (except my breath of course) away as a medical thing. A naturopath would no doubt be convinced it's all Candida-related. I'm absolutely going to keep up with this route, as it's the most promising "cure" I've ever tried.

(edited for typo)
LisaLisa
Junior

Post by LisaLisa »

DAY FIVE:

I ended up taking 6 or 7 tbsp of coconut oil yesterday, trying to really push the limits on the die-off. While researching anti-fungals I learned that garlic begins to lose its anti-fungal properties within a half hour of crushing it. So much for my garlic hummus! I still have 7 or 8 garlic cloves left, so I'm just crushing one and stirring it into the hummus right before I eat it now.

1. I woke up with a sticky-feeling mouth, and realized I barely drank any water yesterday. Probably because the CO was keeping my mouth moist all day. I'm slightly congested, still have mild pnd, and I'm pretty sure I could smell/taste mucus... but no other bad smells/tastes.

2. My lip is normal-sized now, but my lovely cold sore remains. I think it's just going to have to run it's course as a regular cold sore. My throat is still a little sore, but better than yesterday. All other aches and pains are gone.

3. The rash on my hands is still coming and going, but mostly going. The CO definitely has an effect on it.

That's about it for today. I'm a little disappointed that overdoing it with the coconut oil didn't cause severe die-off, but maybe I'm reaching the end of die-off season? Oh... I'm still pretty drowsy and foggy today.

CONCLUSION: I'll continue with the CO until it's gone, but won't buy another jar after that. I don't like consuming so much fat. I'll also probably quit the garlic when it's gone... not sure on that one yet. I will be moving on to oil of oregano next week. From what I was reading yesterday, it sounds like a pretty potent fungicide/pesticide/anti-inflammatory medicine. I also need to pick up some good probiotics.
mtr
Advanced

Post by mtr »

So... as a general comment you could say, that apart from the mucus smell, generally you ve noticed an improvement on your coating Lisa?
LisaLisa
Junior

Post by LisaLisa »

I've never really had a bad tongue coating - just the normal back-of-the tongue off-white stuff. It's funny you mention it, though. Yesterday I used a flashlight to see if anything was going on in my throat, and I noticed how clean my tongue looked. It was a healthy pinkish red color and I didn't see any coating at all. Interesting...
mtr
Advanced

Post by mtr »

:D That's good..

Fingers crossed for this to be finally a cure for you.. [-o<
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic