Your Email Address:

First Name:

WT removal results

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
sadmum
Advanced

WT removal results

Post by sadmum »

I’ve been so reluctant to give my update as I don’t want to disappoint everyone here. I’m soooo friggin miserable again!! Okay, so as some of you might remember, about a month ago I had 2 Wisdom teeth removed (both right side, top & bottom), the bottom one was partially impacted and had a foul discharge which I believed was a major cause of my bb. Anyways I had them removed and I could immediately notice the improvement right after coming out of the theatre room. For about 10 days my bb was reduced to probably 5%, I can’t describe how great I felt, even with a sore mouth and bruised face I was so happy as I felt that I was finally getting cured, but few days later when the antibiotics wore off, my bb started getting worse again and I’m probably back to the room filling level. Yesterday was such a bad day for me, I went out to the shops to do my xmas shopping, I was dressed so immaculately and looked so good that I was getting checked out a lot, but as soon as I opened my mouth the looks changed and people started rubbing noses, popping mints in their mouths and giving dirty and mean looks. That just killed me and slammed my confidence to the ground. It just shows no matter how good we make ourselves look, how much perfume we spray, how much mints and gums we chew, nothing can conceal this monster!! I’m so sick of it, I want to be free. Right now I’m so angry and sad. I hate people who judge but at the same time I know they’re just being human, and no one likes a foul smell, it’s only natural to react, but don’t make it so f***ing obvious!!

So now I’m back to square one, which is trying to figure out yet again where my bb is originating from. Tonsils out, 2 WT’s out (one doesn’t exist and another that is completely imbedded with no apparent issues), stomach checked 5 years ago, no major issues, sinuses checked also 5 years ago with no problems, although I always seem to have pnd and sometimes heartburn but nothing major.

I can’t take this anymore! I so badly and desperately want to cure myself but nothing seems to work!! I have to attend a couple of parties next week and I’m dreading it, as I don’ want to be around anyone, I’m sick of having to wait for reactions every time I open my mouth!!!

Why is it so difficult to cure this ailment? Why isn’t a cure out there? How much longer can we continue to suffer from it? Seriously, it is so unfair, because we are like the living dead!!

:cry:
Last edited by sadmum on Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Very sorry to hear it hasn't worked for you. What sort of BB do you have?
sadmum
Advanced

Post by sadmum »

halitosisux wrote:Very sorry to hear it hasn't worked for you. What sort of BB do you have?
I wish I knew!! I'm so confused now! I originally thought it was from the stomach/intestines, then when I discovered the infected and smelly WT I became so adament that it was oral! Other times I suspect it could be from the nasal cavity!

How can one ever be so sure?

I've tried the finger testing of tongue and mouth, but I never get any bad smell on my finger from doing that, the only time this happened - as I mentioned earlier - was when I placed my finger on the now extracted wisdom tooth which was aparently infected and was emanating the same odour that was coming from my bb.

How can I know if it's caused from the nasal area? I don't get any nasal odour but I've noticed that at night and just before sleeping my mouth and throat become so dry. I brush with Biotene toothpaste which is specifically aimed for dry mouth, but that hasn't helped!

Lately I tried what another member on this forum did (Not sure whether it was Daniel or Mike), which is taking increasing the dosage of the digestive probiotics, I take 3 caps instead of the recommended 1 a day. And I have to say that it has helped a little in reducing the bb and the white coating as well.

So does that indicate that my bb is originating from the stomach area?

Seriously though, I am so confused!

:(
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

Did you ever get tested for H Pylori?

I agree this a truly nasty affliction upon us.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Sadmum, there's simple ways to find out whether the odour is being produced in your nose or if it's coming from your lungs or mouth, etc, but you'll need to have someone you can confide in who will admit they can smell your bad breath.

The fact your tongue doesn't smell bad, means that you can probably rule out dental causes. You certainly need to rule out helicobacter, if you haven't already.

If you don't think it's coming from your nose and your mouth doesn't appear to smell either, then maybe you don't have BB? If your reactions are definitely real, then it could be a body odour.

When you say it helps reduce your BB, how do you determine this?
Born To Suffer
Master

Post by Born To Suffer »

one doesn’t exist and another that is completely imbedded with no apparent issues
There we go, the word imbedded means that it's buried beneath your gums trapping bacteria and crap. Why didn't you take it out as well?
Everyone is suppose to have 4 wisdoms, why doesn't the other one exist?
These 2 remaining ones could be the reason why you are still suffering.
Did the surgeon specifically say that the wisdom buried beneath has no problems or what?
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and wisdom to know the difference.
Youz123

Post by Youz123 »

Are you 100% sure you had your tonsils removed?
Born To Suffer
Master

Post by Born To Suffer »

Youz123 wrote:Are you 100% sure you had your tonsils removed?
lol.

Tonsillectomy may not cure bb for some people. Before considering doing it make sure it's 100% infected or something wrong with it.
Don't remove it for no reason
God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and wisdom to know the difference.
sadmum
Advanced

Post by sadmum »

FedUp wrote:Did you ever get tested for H Pylori?

I agree this a truly nasty affliction upon us.
I had H Pylori 14 years ago when I was 20, and was given the triple antibiotics treatment, it got rid of the bacteria but not the bb, unfortunately! I did have 2 more tests in the past 8 years to rule out a re occurrence but both tests returned negative.
halitosisux wrote:If you don't think it's coming from your nose and your mouth doesn't appear to smell either, then maybe you don't have BB? If your reactions are definitely real, then it could be a body odour.
When you say it helps reduce your BB, how do you determine this?
I assure you that I’m not halitophobic – I wish I were, at least the stink would be just in my head! I know for a fact that my breath is terrible, I’ve suffered from it for 24 years, and suffered from all the humiliation and embarrassment that all bb sufferers endure. As for Body Odour, nope, I don’t have that, unless I’m working out and sweating like a dog but nothing a shower can’t fix! The reactions that I continue to get are real and it’s because of my bb. I can even smell it sometimes. I always have a bad taste in my mouth and a very heavy feeling throughout my mouth. Probiotics aren’t helping anymore, not matter how many I consume! I feel that my bb is coming from the stomach/intestinal region. As no amount of mouth cleaning helps reduce my bb and the fact that my tongue never smells bad, but seems to have a thick white coating 24/7.
Born To Suffer wrote:
one doesn’t exist and another that is completely imbedded with no apparent issues
There we go, the word imbedded means that it's buried beneath your gums trapping bacteria and crap. Why didn't you take it out as well?
Everyone is suppose to have 4 wisdoms, why doesn't the other one exist?
These 2 remaining ones could be the reason why you are still suffering.
Did the surgeon specifically say that the wisdom buried beneath has no problems or what?
I highly doubt that the remaining WT is the culprit! as removing the other two, one of which was very smelly and infected didn't eliminate my bb when removed, so I guess there's no point in taking out the 3rd and last one (my doc said that removing all 3 at once would be quite painful for me and would make eating very difficult) My 4th WT just never developed, it happens to some ppl.
As I mentioned in previous posts that being on the antibiotics reduced my bb by so much, I could feel my mouth was a lot fresher and I could talk to ppl up close without getting the usual reaction that I always get when standing at least a metre away.
Youz123 wrote:Are you 100% sure you had your tonsils removed?
Yes, I am a 150% that I had them taken out.

For the past week my bb has gotten so bad! I've noticed that everytime I drink a glass of wine, I wake up the next day with a worst breath! So no more wine for me I guess! It's so unfair that we can't be like normal ppl who consume so much junk/crap and still have normal breath! I hate my life! :(

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Sadmum, have you tried Dr. Aydinmur's simple method to find out whether a form of TMAU might be a possible cause?

You should find it if you search the forum. Basically, you need to use choline tablets and gradually ramp up the dosage slightly each day or so, over the course of a week or two, to see whether your odours correspond to the increases.

The fact you can't smell anything on your tongue, yet feel your mouth to be so unfresh, might be because your nose simply can't smell trimethylamine because of habituation, but your tastebuds on your tongue still can. Just wild guessing there, because TMA is usually found in saliva and mucus, but the choline experiment is a sound idea.
sadmum
Advanced

Post by sadmum »

halitosisux wrote:Sadmum, have you tried Dr. Aydinmur's simple method to find out whether a form of TMAU might be a possible cause?
No actually I haven't but I would definitely give it a try. Where can I have find the link to it? As I tried searching for it but couldn't find it! Would you be kind enough to post the link for me? It would be very much appreciated.

My bb is getting so bad that I can smell it when I'm talking or even just breathing! It's getting a lot worse than before, I can't stand it! The only thing that I did that I believe may have triggered it to get so bad was the 'neti-pot flip thing'. I tried it for the first time over a week ago, my bb didn't immediately get worse but it did eventually, as my diet hasn't changed much besides having the occasional wine which never really affected my bb to this severe state!

halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

viewtopic.php?t=4357

There's the link. Sorry for my incorrect information. It's probably worth trying this several times over the course of a few weeks to give a clearer picture.

I think it's really interesting that so many people whose BB involves nasal odours seem to wake up the bad breath dragon when they irrigate their sinuses, despite being given assurances by an ENT that their sinuses are fine. It could be that trimethylamine builds up in the sinuses having been secreted in mucus?
Youz123

Post by Youz123 »

I noticed you mentioned you have a thick white coating on your tounge 24/7? Have you scraped it at all?

Iv seen something called Candida fungus, can you take a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candidiasis

Im not sure if this is what you have, my tounge is always red but I have a feeling its my tonsils which is causing my bad breath, im going to an ENT to hopefully have my tonsils removed in a few weeks.

I told my GP that I had recurrent tonsillitis and that anti-biotics weren't working just as an excuse to get a referral to get my tonsils remove :(
sadmum
Advanced

Post by sadmum »

Thanks halitosisux, you're always so helpful! I'm going to give the choline tabs a try once I get my hands on it. I'll report back with the results.

So to make it clear, if my bb worsens while on them that means I have tmau? and if it doesn't do anything or slightly improves the bb, it will indicate that i don't have tmau, is that correct?

Thanks

sadmum
Advanced

Post by sadmum »

Youz123 wrote:I noticed you mentioned you have a thick white coating on your tounge 24/7? Have you scraped it at all?
Yes, I do scrape off all the white coating every time I brush, I use the orabrush for that, but within minutes of doing so the white film returns. I can never get it to be red or just normal. Although when I was on the antibiotics, the coating cleared out from the middle to the tip of my tongue, it looked so healthy and red, there was still white coating though at the back of my tongue but my bb was close to gone at the time!

But I'm still unsure as to whether the white coating is related to my bb in anyway! and whether it was just a coincidence that the coating and my bb improved at the same time while on the antibiotics!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic