Your Email Address:

First Name:

Diet suggestions for my week off from work..

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
mike987
Super Angel

Diet suggestions for my week off from work..

Post by mike987 »

Hey guys.

I'm going to have a week off from work from the end of April, and I'm considering going on an 'all something' diet.

Like all apples.. And nothing but.. Or all bananas... Maybe nothing but white rice...

Any suggestions? I'll probably lose a ton of weight, despite already being so thin, but I'm curious to see if it will make things better for me.

Phantasist
Sheriff

Post by Phantasist »

Mike987,

Human beings are omnivores. That means we are designed to eat just about anything. And since we are complicated organisms who need a lot of different nutrients to stay healthy, we have to eat a lot of different kinds of food. Eating a single food makes no sense.
Besides food has nothing to do with bad breath as evidenced by the fact that "normal" people can eat anything and don't have bad breath.
I guess you can put yourself through this severe restriction for a week if you want to, but I don't see this as a cure.
The hand we are dealt is fate. How we play the cards is free will.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

Well, if candida were really a thing, this might destroy that.

Or I might see similar results to those who find success going 'raw'.

It's not that I think my diet is causing the BB.. I only wonder if depleting my body from getting certain food components might eliminate my BB, if only temporarily.
Tibya
Advanced

Post by Tibya »

I don;t think this would do any good. Instead, if you can make a strict diet of healthy choices (fresh fruits, steamed /cooked fresh vegetables - not raw, exercise routine, timely dinner 1 to 2 hrs before bed time). Fresh and freshly cooked is the key here. Anything cooked and left for 1 or 2 hrs is not to be consumed. Basically a strict routine of diet and exercise for this 6-8 weeks.
Nothing wrong in getting started with 1 week and continue in the next even when you go back to work.
If only I could follow my own advise :(
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

Take it from someone who's been on every possible diet (zero carb, vegan, raw vegan, raw meat, etc), nothing beats blending greens to reduce BB, the darker the greens, the more chlorophyll it has so the more effective it is. Kale being the absolute best, also spinach and collard are fine too. I blend kale once or twice a day, regardless if i'm on a diet or not, it's part of my routine.

My blender isn't good enough to make nice smoothies so i blend kale with water then strain the pulp with a strainer and drink the green juice. Then blend the pulp and drink juice again.

Don't bother with chlorophyll supplements, in any form, they do not contain chlorophyll, they are made of chlorophyllin (synthetic derivatives of chlorophyll).

Animal products increase the range and stench of my breath and probably yours too Mike, I'm sure you knew that already. Cured meat seems to be the very worst: bacon, ham, salami, sausages, etc. I'm not a vegan but I do try to limit those. If i have family things coming up, i go vegan for a week prior to the event.
Positive
Total Newbie

Post by Positive »

Good luck with your diet. keep away from cheese :) By the way, I'm a spammer.
deebo

Post by deebo »

Phantasist wrote:... Eating a single food makes no sense.
Besides food has nothing to do with bad breath as evidenced by the fact that "normal" people can eat anything and don't have bad breath.
I guess you can put yourself through this severe restriction for a week if you want to, but I don't see this as a cure.
Phan...Your advice makes you sound like you just got to this site man .. :?

Mike , the issue i find with heavy white rice is constipation due to lack of fiber so I add a fiber supp and this does curb my odor somewhat. But if you wanna go "Mono-Meal", bananas have served me well in the past . The browner the better and I maintained weight by eating (& blending) 30 + per day ! I have tested them for a minimum of a week .

Archimonde has good info too with raw greens , the issue tho again would be calories and you might have to juice them by the gallon !
I think pretty much any diet for a week is doable. At least it can narrow down if that food causes worse metabolic malodor .

http://www.hopemovo.com/profile/johanson
Jo Hanson on FB
Cauterize
Junior

Re: Diet suggestions for my week off from work..

Post by Cauterize »

mike987 wrote:Hey guys.

I'm going to have a week off from work from the end of April, and I'm considering going on an 'all something' diet.

Like all apples.. And nothing but.. Or all bananas... Maybe nothing but white rice...

Any suggestions? I'll probably lose a ton of weight, despite already being so thin, but I'm curious to see if it will make things better for me.
Finding the root cause why you have candida overgrowth is the number one must.With this diet you will make your self fragile
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

Tibya wrote:I don;t think this would do any good. Instead, if you can make a strict diet of healthy choices (fresh fruits, steamed /cooked fresh vegetables - not raw, exercise routine, timely dinner 1 to 2 hrs before bed time). Fresh and freshly cooked is the key here. Anything cooked and left for 1 or 2 hrs is not to be consumed. Basically a strict routine of diet and exercise for this 6-8 weeks.
Nothing wrong in getting started with 1 week and continue in the next even when you go back to work.
If only I could follow my own advise :(
See, I'm pretty healthy and already have a good diet and exercise..

I feel like if I wanted to see dramatic results, I'd have to have a dramatic change of diet.

So would it be best just to do nothing but vegetables for a week?

@deebo,
Fiber or no fiber does nothing for me. My shit comes out sloppy no matter what I eat, or how much or how little fiber I eat.
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

mike987 wrote:
The problem with veggies is that they contain little calories, you'll have to eat other food eventually.

I've tried a diet high in raw veggies and it wasn't a good experience for me, I couldn't digest them properly, i could see partially undigested veggies in my stools. I fared better on a diet high in fruit but even if you go 100% on fruit, you'll still have BB, it will just be less offensive.. rotten fruit smells better than rotten meat, doesn't it? I still don't recommend such a diet though and I will never go on a fruit diet again.

Like i said earlier, I haven't found any food better than dark green juice for BB. Blend kale everyday, think long-term. There was a member on this forum who said he hasn't had BB in a year because he has green smoothies for breakfast and dinner, and a normal meal for supper. I'll try to dig up his post if anyone is interested. I tried that diet and it does kinda work, certainly better than anything else I've tried but living on mostly just green smoothies is not for me but who's to say it's not for you?
deebo

Post by deebo »

mike987 wrote:
Tibya wrote::(

See, I'm pretty healthy and already have a good diet and exercise..

I feel like if I wanted to see dramatic results, I'd have to have a dramatic change of diet.

@deebo,
Fiber or no fiber does nothing for me. My shit comes out sloppy no matter what I eat, or how much or how little fiber I eat.
Just me , but if you gonna go heavy veg for a week go as Raw as you can . there is a world of difference from raw and steamed to me . You will very likely see improvements in poop consistency . When you say "sloppy "Mike ,do you mean Diarrhea ? Like splats and explosions ? Done this counter with times of constipation too ? I'm curious to know what you eat usually now .

Anyway ,if you go vegetables for a whole week you could easily eat a full fridge load of greens .. Easy . I've done it .Heres some old pics of my 100% raw kick last year http://www.use.com/216844da22460e2e0e96#photo=1

http://www.use.com/fcdc78f3207ca120eca4#photo=1

http://www.use.com/0b9b7f6436bb229b78a8

http://www.use.com/c94ab616aa7ebb5718e0

hopemovo.com/profile/johanson
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

By sloppy, I don't mean diarrhea. I had diarrhea last week along with some stomach virus or something.. Glad that's over!
I don't know what caused it, but for about a week I was nauseous and unbelievably gassy.

Now I'm just back to my 'normal', which just can't be defined as solid. The first one to drop out is usually more solid than the rest, but as it goes back, in a gradient fashion, it becomes just sputtery droplets.. Not liquid, but like.. hm.. Like (forgive me), sloppy joe, or curry, or something that's not liquid, but has a low viscosity. On rare occasions I've had solid shits... I can't really make sense of it, but if I haven't shit in longer than a day, it could be more solid.. or, if I wake up a few hours earlier than normal, it sometimes seems to be more solid (though without that feeling that it has to come out). I don't really get it.

Right now, I eat gluten free food. Keep in mind this diet was a response to having BB... Nothing in this diet is causing my BB other than basic things like basic sugars, proteins.

- Rice and boiled chicken
- Rice and eggs (boiled or lightly cooked on the pan)
- Rice and banana/strawberry, something
- At least once a day (often twice, sometimes more) I eat a large vat of plain, sugarless, yogurt which claims it's full of probiotics)
- Sometimes I microwave or boil potatoes
- Organic potato wedges or shoestring fries which I bake
- If I'm near a grocery store at lunch time, I'll eat the same stuff above, but also 4 shrimp sushi.
- Almonds and other nuts/seeds
- Whey protein shake

This isn't making my BB happen, because I've been much stricter before, but sometimes I eat lacto-ice, which is a very basic icecream without too much shit in it. I'll cruch up almonds and dark chocolate and eat that with it.

The sad thing is I don't know if there's any difference, BB wise, to this diet, or eating god damn McDonalds every day.. Cutting gluten does seem to relieve me of as much bloating and gas though.
Cauterize
Junior

Post by Cauterize »

mike987 wrote:By sloppy, I don't mean diarrhea. I had diarrhea last week along with some stomach virus or something.. Glad that's over!
I don't know what caused it, but for about a week I was nauseous and unbelievably gassy.

Now I'm just back to my 'normal', which just can't be defined as solid. The first one to drop out is usually more solid than the rest, but as it goes back, in a gradient fashion, it becomes just sputtery droplets.. Not liquid, but like.. hm.. Like (forgive me), sloppy joe, or curry, or something that's not liquid, but has a low viscosity. On rare occasions I've had solid shits... I can't really make sense of it, but if I haven't shit in longer than a day, it could be more solid.. or, if I wake up a few hours earlier than normal, it sometimes seems to be more solid (though without that feeling that it has to come out). I don't really get it.

Right now, I eat gluten free food. Keep in mind this diet was a response to having BB... Nothing in this diet is causing my BB other than basic things like basic sugars, proteins.

- Rice and boiled chicken
- Rice and eggs (boiled or lightly cooked on the pan)
- Rice and banana/strawberry, something
- At least once a day (often twice, sometimes more) I eat a large vat of plain, sugarless, yogurt which claims it's full of probiotics)
- Sometimes I microwave or boil potatoes
- Organic potato wedges or shoestring fries which I bake
- If I'm near a grocery store at lunch time, I'll eat the same stuff above, but also 4 shrimp sushi.
- Almonds and other nuts/seeds
- Whey protein shake

This isn't making my BB happen, because I've been much stricter before, but sometimes I eat lacto-ice, which is a very basic icecream without too much shit in it. I'll cruch up almonds and dark chocolate and eat that with it.

The sad thing is I don't know if there's any difference, BB wise, to this diet, or eating god damn McDonalds every day.. Cutting gluten does seem to relieve me of as much bloating and gas though.
Once again finding there root cause of why you have bad breath is the thing you should do.A healthy body can deal with everything even when they eat more sugars than the body needs.Most important are Vitamins, minerals, amino acids, essential fatty acids, antioxidants, and other nutrients. Among the most important nutrients are calcium, magnesium, zinc, copper, L-glutamine, L-taurine, choline, thiamine, B6, B12 and other B vitamins.
Zinc copper is the natural bodys agent against candida
deebo

shmandida

Post by deebo »

Cauterize**Once again finding there root cause of why you have bad breath is the thing you should do.A healthy body can deal with everything even when they eat more sugars than the body needs.Most important are Vitamins, minerals, amino acids, essential fatty acids, antioxidants, and other nutrients. Among the most important nutrients are calcium, magnesium, zinc, copper, L-glutamine, L-taurine, choline, thiamine, B6, B12 and other B vitamins.
Zinc copper is the natural bodys agent against candida

Cauterize , you seem to be a 1 trick pony with this candida thing man . You are right that finding the underlying cause 'is the thing you should do' . have you tested low for zinc and candida ? has correcting this rid you of candida and BB ?
It can be very possible that Mike cant break down certain odor causing chemicals like Choline for instance . How do you respond the the many members who'v said zinc seemed to make their odor Worse ?

Mike , have you been to a gastro Dr? THere is a member on my skype group how has pretty much the same poop issues as you . Not that its connected at all but his odor is Very strong . I think he says it can be an issue with the peristalsis which i've been diagnosed with years ago too to a lessor degree . During my 7 month raw food bump it was curbed . just fyi

jo hanson on hopemovo & FB
deebo

Post by deebo »

Mike, are you yet on your week vacation ? What have you decided to go with for the weeks diet ?

Jo Hanson on Hopemovo & FB
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic