Your Email Address:

First Name:

Relief last week

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
redtonguewanabee
Total Newbie

Relief last week

Post by redtonguewanabee »

Hello. Just wanted to remind everyone to remember the basics as we are trying to find our individual cures.

Lately, I have been making a conscious effert to really reach back FAR when I am brushing my tongue. After I scrape and bush, I try to relax and take my electric toothbrush all the way back. It almost feels like Im going too far back or near my throat. But if I just leave my toothbrush there for about 30 seconds and go from side to side, it helps a lot. It takes some practice, but it feels safe and I go slow.

I know I am risking ticking a lot of people off by mentioning something so elementary, because I know that most of us have impecable hygiene. Believe me, I brush 3-4 times per day and every time I go to the dentist, either the dentist or hygenist compliments me on my beautiful teeth, gums and good hygiene, despite having bad breath (I usually don't mention it too them, because its always useless). But since last week, I have been really trying to get way back there in my mouth (FURTHER than normal) and it does help. Until I find my individual cure this gets me some relief.

I think its easy to forget these basics when we are all trying different things (including me) like Lufeneron, etc. Meanwhile, I am trying to find out why after ten years, I just had a really good week (bad breath reduced by about 50-75%). I have taken Lufeneron a month ago (no relief for the first three weeks so not sure if this did anything), added a multi-vitamin and started making an effort to reach further back when brushing then I ever have before. I wish I knew which one was helping me or if it has just been a fluke week (one that I have enjoyed).

Phantasist
Sheriff

Post by Phantasist »

I don't know if brushing your teeth three or four times a day is a good thing to do. Commercial toothpaste has a lot of stuff in it that doesn't belong in the mouth. You might be killing off the good bacteria along with the bad.
The tongue coating is always thickest in the back, which leads me to think that it is coming from the throat. Recently my dentist told me again that my gums are in such good shape that I will never get gum disease. But there always seems to be a lot of mucus in my throat, so the white coating might be coming from the throat. The problem is that I don't know why there is mucus in my throat. I have always suspected two areas: the sinuses and the intestines. Both areas are lined with mucus membrane, and that seems to be the weak part of my body, since I have had sinus issues and digestive distress for many years.
Both the sinuses and the intestines can be affected by Candida or some other fungal infection. I have no proof that this is my condition, but since I took the Lufenuron, my colon seems to be functioning better the last couple of weeks. At this point I don't know if the Lufenuron is responsible or if it is just a coincidence.
The hand we are dealt is fate. How we play the cards is free will.
redtonguewanabee
Total Newbie

Post by redtonguewanabee »

Unfortunately, bushing only twice a day is not an option for me. Its way worse that way. I do get mucus in my throat sometimes also. And PND. After an ENT visit and food intolerance testing, I found out that I am lactose intolerant, but since eliminating dairy it doesn't made that big of a difference. I do know that white chips make my breath way worse. Probably the corn/white flour not sure. Other than that no digestive issues or anything. I am going to do another Lufeneron treatment because I feel that I have nothing to lose by doing so. Maybe candida, fungus, etc. Im hoping that Im on to something, given my atypical good progress over the last week....
Archimonde
Super Angel

Post by Archimonde »

redtonguewanabee wrote:I do know that white chips make my breath way worse. Probably the corn/white flour not sure.
I've noticed corn on the cob makes my breath much much worse. It's nearly impossible to eliminate corn from your diet: many syrups, acids, sugars, additives, etc are derived from corn. Any food that comes in a can or any kind of package has corn derivatives in it, farmed animals are fed corn, it is the world's most produced crop for a good reason.

Many dog owners complain that their dog has fecal BB.. what is kibble made of? Corn.

I don't know if an allergy/inability to digest corn could lead to BB but it's worth mentioning.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic