Your Email Address:

First Name:

You know what really sucks?

Anger management part of the forum :), where you can express anger, sadness, sorrow etc.
bunniesluvme
Total Newbie

You know what really sucks?

Post by bunniesluvme »

I have had this curse for about 15 years now. I've tried everything I can think of, seen doctors, dentists, e.n.t. etc. Not one professional I ever saw took me seriously. One doctor actually said, "Have you ever heard of toothpaste and mouthwash?" Really? No, I hadn't thought of that! WTF! What kind of f******g a******* says that to a patient, paying out pocket, taking time from a busy day? I was embarrassed and humiliated and much younger than I am now. If it happened today, I'd probably tell to him to go ****himself and then get his supervisor's name and make a formal complaint. That kind of crap shouldn't be tolerated.

You know what else? People automatically assume that you are a disgusting, lazy slob that can't be bothered to brush and rinse you teeth. Like I'm shit on their shoe. Probably smells like it. But my God, how about some thought before judgement? There are several logical reasons that someone could have bb; health problems, dental problems, necessary prescription medications with nasty side effects. Sick old people are often "excused" for this; sick animals will often have bb and their owners don't mind. People are just cruel.

They assume. They assume that because you look healthy, youngish (mid 40's here) that you just forgot to brush your teeth and rinse. Then the next time you meet, they are assualted with the stench again. At each meeting, their body language and choice of words leaves no doubt that they can smell your bb. How about some tolerance, some logical thought process?

I'm a vibrant, beautiful woman, married with children. Stay at home mom. Oh, that's always a bone of contention too. They assume because I don't have a job, I'm some idiot airhead that can't keep one. Well, it's not that. I'm educated, intelligent, kind and hard working. I do not take well to humiliation and hate. No one does.

My son is almost grown. I would love to go back to work. But I'm afraid, no I know that people are cruel. I can't stand that kind of treatment. I'm grateful for the love of my husband and son and my animals. They have their lives and I'm an outcast with a very bad social disability. I gave up my career, I gave up my hobbies, friends. I'm so very weary of the fight. It is one lonely road. I know you all understand.

The only time I'm happy is when I drink. Never been a drinker before, but this last year, I crawled into a bottle, wine, vodka, whatever. Put on 15 lbs in no time. So I decided to join a gym this month. I love to work out, I'm fairly fit, know my way around a gym. What could be so hard about it? Don't have to talk a lot. No one will even notice! :roll: Wrong! I'm losing faith. I don't believe that bb will be cured. I believe that most people are inately cruel and love to have someone to put down. It hurts.

I think that when my son is grown and settled in life that I'll be looking for a way out. It doesn't matter if I'm kind, if I've rescued, loved and cared for more stray, sick animals, if I've cooked, cleaned, loved and nurtured my home/family. No matter how kind and nice I am, the hateful treatment keeps on coming. It sucks.

Well, since I've stopped drinking, I think I'll go have a good cry.

Dumbledore [quote]Just like your mother, you're unfailingly kind. A trait people never fail to undervalue, I'm afraid."

jen
Advanced

Post by jen »

I know what you mean... In my case I must say nobody is cruel. People never laugh or make nasty remarks. But the pain, the constant pain of interaction with others - seeing their subtle reactions like rubbing noses - is killing me. It's been going on for so long (30 years) and my ability to cope is not improving. I even dream about my unhappiness and wake up miserable. My bb is rather mild at the moment, about 4-5 on a scale of 1-10, but devastating nonetheless.

I've also done a lot of things I wouldn't normally have done - just to be able to cope - like drinking and using anti-depressants, overeating... None is worth it, nothing takes the pain away. Every day is a battle.
Carri

Post by Carri »

I feel that what sucks is that it's a really unnecessary process we're going through, a long battle just to have some sequence of normality..
HigherThoughts
Advanced

sucks

Post by HigherThoughts »

Yea its awful to have this problem. No one has been mean to me either, but its horrible interacting with people. I'm 23 years old and now I don't really go out with friends or go anywhere else really. I've had this problem for a month now and it's been tough to deal with. I feel like I might be stuck like this for the rest of my life.

My problem is not just my breath. It's something inside of me so the smell comes out just from breathing through my nose. People can smell me when they stand even a few feet away from me. I can see from their faces.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic