Your Email Address:

First Name:

2 week bad breath elimination challenge

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Brad123

2 week bad breath elimination challenge

Post by Brad123 »

Here is the two week challenge I would like others to try. This is so easy for anyone to do.

-- Don't use a tongue scraper

-- Don't brush the tongue with a toothbrush

-- Don't brush the gums, cheeks, or roof of the mouth

-- Brush your teeth after every meal for two minutes each time

-- Floss BEFORE brushing your teeth at night

-- Don't use any mouthwash, gum, or sprays

I have taught three people to do this. And all three said their breath improved a lot in just two weeks.

mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

I'm curious to try it.

So you no longer have BB? What drew you to search BB and visit the site?

Did the people you speak of have chronic BB?
Brad123

Post by Brad123 »

mike987 wrote:I'm curious to try it.

So you no longer have BB? What drew you to search BB and visit the site?

Did the people you speak of have chronic BB?
I no longer have bad breath according to my current girlfriend and also by me no longer noticing my house smelling like bad breath.

I lost a lot of opportunities with dating in the past. I now am more confident in dating since my breath is no longer noticeable. I hope others will improve their social lives by reducing their bad breath.

The people said they had chronic bad breath. They also noticed their house smelling from their bad breath when they had it real bad.

My breath was the worst when I would scrape or brush my tongue. I could smell it in the house. After stopping that, my house smelled better. It took two weeks for me to notice an improvement with my breath.
deebo

Post by deebo »

so before you started scraping your tongue you didnt have bad breath ?
why did you start cleaning your tongue in 1st place ?
Brad123

Post by Brad123 »

deebo wrote:so before you started scraping your tongue you didnt have bad breath ?
why did you start cleaning your tongue in 1st place ?
I don't know if my breath smelled before 1993.

I started scraping and brushing my tongue in high school (1993) because it made sense to do for a clean mouth. I kept doing it everyday up until this year. This year I decided to stop doing it. This is when I realized my house didn't smell like bad breath anymore.

I wish I never started it in high school. If you Google bad breath and tongue, you get page after page of people saying you should scrape or brush your tongue. This kept me motivated to keep doing it. Until one day, I found one person saying you shouldn't do it. This is when I stopped. Here is the link to the person who said not to do it.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 054AA42jCc
Susie
Sheriff

Post by Susie »

Brad123....you are totally right on this! I believe it won't make you have fresh wonderful breath, but doing all the tongue scraping makes it worse my opinion.
deebo

Post by deebo »

Brad123 wrote: Until one day, I found one person saying you shouldn't do it. This is when I stopped. Here is the link to the person who said not to do it.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 054AA42jCc
last year i was scarping like crazy and brushing hard and the white was just getting worse , until i saw this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZgj9CXaujw and stopped for a few days . To my surprise , the whiteness decreased . I was going too hard !

Now , this Doesn't mean I should never clean my tongue because I have the type that harbors gunk, I just need to go easy on the tongue . Of course maybe the tongue in my case has little or nothing to due with my odor since my room filling malodor is nasal and its there whether i scrape or not .
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

I'm skeptical. At what point does not brushing the tongue go from 'tongue is full of gunk and stink' to 'clear, clean, and without a coating'?
clara0
Master

Post by clara0 »

I am almost never doing these things because I realized they do not have any effect on my breath before, but I still have bb.....the only way that is proven to be working for me at the moment is washing my upper sinuses, when the mucus comes out I don't have bb for a few hours until they accumulate again.
jen
Advanced

Post by jen »

Clara, how do you rinse your upper sinuses? I don't think my method reaches the upper ones.

I've also noticed quite a while ago that scraping my tongue doesn't help, but not scraping it definitely doesn't do a thing for me
Brad123

Post by Brad123 »

mike987 wrote:I'm skeptical. At what point does not brushing the tongue go from 'tongue is full of gunk and stink' to 'clear, clean, and without a coating'?
I only have data on myself and three other people. It took 2 weeks for each of us.

It is very important to follow all six steps I listed. Basically the bad breath is caused by dead skin coating the tongue and also the gums. The key is not to flake off or dry any of the oral tissues by using mouthwashes, scrapers, brushes, sprays, abrasive toothpaste, etc. When there is less dead skin tissues on the tongue and mouth, there is less chance of a overpopulation of bacteria.

Some of the best smelling breath people I know are the ones who don't even take care of their oral hygiene. I work in a doctor's office. The worst smelling breath patients are the ones who look very clean on the outside.

When it comes to bad breath, the more you do about it, the worse it gets.
clara0
Master

Post by clara0 »

@Jen
when I am at home I use a local herbal drop (made of stuff which are famous for being natural antibiotic like garlic extract,etc), It is better to lie down (face up) and hold the head up to avoid the drops to enter the throat. if it is not possible to lie down face up, I sit on the chair and incline my head backward and drop the drops. when I am at work I do it with salt water but in another way, Every time I go to the bathroom I pour the water in to my palm and sniff it deeply in to my nose, it goes up an comes out by itself. of course it does not go very far in to my sinuses like when I incline my head backward but still better than normal sinus devices I use.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

Brad123 wrote:
mike987 wrote:I'm skeptical. At what point does not brushing the tongue go from 'tongue is full of gunk and stink' to 'clear, clean, and without a coating'?
I only have data on myself and three other people. It took 2 weeks for each of us.

It is very important to follow all six steps I listed. Basically the bad breath is caused by dead skin coating the tongue and also the gums. The key is not to flake off or dry any of the oral tissues by using mouthwashes, scrapers, brushes, sprays, abrasive toothpaste, etc. When there is less dead skin tissues on the tongue and mouth, there is less chance of a overpopulation of bacteria.

Some of the best smelling breath people I know are the ones who don't even take care of their oral hygiene. I work in a doctor's office. The worst smelling breath patients are the ones who look very clean on the outside.

When it comes to bad breath, the more you do about it, the worse it gets.

I almost subscribe to the theory... I mean, the only people who take outrageous care of their oral areas are people who are worried about it...

Then again, I don't think this is the case for everybody. It's natural, you'd think, for someone to do everything they think they're suppose to do after acquiring a condition that my not be treatable.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic