Your Email Address:

First Name:

MAXILLARY SINUS HYPOPLASIA

Anger management part of the forum :), where you can express anger, sadness, sorrow etc.
Virtuous Viking
Junior
MAXILLARY SINUS HYPOPLASIA

Post by Virtuous Viking »

Just got the result of the CT scan of my sinuses and here's the full result. I've always had difficulty breathing through my left nostril.

TECHNIQUE: Transaxial imaging was obtained through the paranasal sinuses with coronal reformatted images

FINDINGS: The visualized mastoid air cells are unremarkable ("unremarkable" in this context means "normal"). The left maxillary sinus is hypoplastic relative to the right. No air fluid levels are identified. There is minimal mucoperiostal thickening in the left maxillary sinus. The sphenoid sinuses are well aerated. There is an osseous septation along the posterior wall of the right sphenoid sinus. There is mild bulging of both petrous portions of the internal carotid arteries posteriorly. The ethmoid sinuses and frontal sinuses are unremarkable. The osseous structures are unremarkable. There is mild nasal deviation to the right. The ostiomeatal units are patent. No air fluid level is seen.

The visualized orbital soft tissues are unremarkable. No acute osseous abnormality is seen. The orbits are symmetric.

IMPRESSION: No evidence for acute sinusitis. Incidental note of a hypoplastic left maxillary sinus when compared to the right. Minimal mucoperiosal thickening.

Is there anyone on here that's familiar with this sort of medical lingo? Can maxillary sinus hypoplasia cause chronic halitosis? All my doctor did was tell me I'm fine and prescribe some antibiotics and nasal spray. He said if this didn't work I may have to undergo a septoplasty. He's a good guy but I wouldn't take his opinion on this issue as the final word.

aues
Master

Re: MAXILLARY SINUS HYPOPLASIA

Post by aues »

If you have got the money: Fly to Istanbul and visit Dr. Aydin Murat with all your medical examination related stuff (such as the CT scan).
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

Why is Murat more capable than others, because he posts on our forum?

I doubt it he has more expertise than other doctors.

Remember Finkelstein, who sweared that the only reason is in our tonsil crypts, then katz who swore that the only reason is in our tounge

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic