Your Email Address:

First Name:

Nexium day? Hi guys Its been a year

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
Free2breath911
Junior

Nexium day? Hi guys Its been a year

Post by Free2breath911 »

:) hi guys how have u been?
I've had so many procedures done since last year....I lost count.
I thought about you guys today. Who's still here?

hali_grl
Sheriff

Post by hali_grl »

Hey Free Welcome back! \:D/

I've been wondering where you have been and what happened with the Nexium. What have you been up to lately? I've tried h2blockers but it seemed my acid got worse. Did you notice your problem getting worse before it got better for you?
glamourgirl05
Junior

Post by glamourgirl05 »

Hey free how's it going with bb did nexium work for you? :)
jess
Sheriff

Post by jess »

Hey welcome back
Free2breath911
Junior

Update 1 year

Post by Free2breath911 »

Hey yall.. the nexium worked really well. the heartburn is now pretty much non existent unless its the usual hb everyone gets.

Just as I though last year I can eat pretty much "nothing" now. or the acid comes flowing up right into my mouth.
I think Ive learned how to cope & manage the bb now because I dont even know or even care if any one notices my bb now.

I go through these phases where I get a nose scratches from people every now & then now. Because my levels have went down so much. When I first joined this site I could not even walk through a store w/o being smelled from feet away. But now thats gone....someone actually told me my perfumed smelled good the other day. :shock:
. Since last year I have been to gastroenterologist, oral surgery, ENT, & MD's. Gastro doc actually told me" he could not smell a thing" (yeah ok) but I had test done & my esophagus has no visible cavities which was his guess. (food getting trapped) So he wants to do a endoscopy next. (still waiting)
But the ENT did CT of sinuses & found it was totally normal. Some irritation in throat but he said it was due to the reflux coming up & consistently inflaming my throat. & he suggested to remain on the nexium & stay on the diet.

So basically guys "I'm tired" :-s I have my bad days but for the most part It seems the more Im ignoring it.....the less reactions I'm getting. (or notice) I know when I feel that acid getting inflamed I know the reactions are gonna start. So I take the nexium as needed.
The doctor told me that you get a much better pay off when u take it 1st thing in the AM. And he was so right. Whats crazy is when I take the nexium consistently I get NO reactions! Even if I feel no heartburn....its like my body produces this silent acid I sometimes don't feel coming up...but I can see it on my tongue. When I wake up in AM sometimes I have a area in my throat that just burns & thats how I now that my issue of BB all these years has been due to reflux. I realized why I hit me out of the blue because I gained so much weight right around the time my bb began. Oh and the ENT even told me that the Acid can reflux up to your nose which is why it smells so bad because its just causes all kind of bacteria. not to mention I have allergies! So basically guys Im trying to lose this weight. in hopes to take all of this weight off my stomach & hopefully get better. and get off these pills. Im not cured but wow!! when I think back on all the times people smelled my bb from feet away...I can accept that I am getting better. & believe I was right all along & found the problem on my own! Here I am stuck with all my molars missing & acid was the problem (for me) all along. ](*,)
glamourgirl05
Junior

Post by glamourgirl05 »

Good for you free2breath for finding your cure! Even if it has reduced, that's big! Gonna look into this Thanks!
thissux
Advanced

Post by thissux »

Hello my friend, I am a fellow refluxer. I am taking Priolosec but is Nexium better? I have LPR reflux the silent type and this does not seem to stop the bad breath. It is ruining my life. Can you please tell me what you have done, both meds and diet and if you had the silent type of reflux. Blessings and kindnes, me
Free2breath911
Junior

Post by Free2breath911 »

thanks glamourgirl...not cured yet but Im better than I was when it began.

Hi thissux yes I find that you cant even compare the two. Nexium after taking it for a while will work even when u stop. It stops the acid completely from forming. u will notice a big change. Then u will realize how gross your mouth actually has been all along coated w/ yellow stomach acid. My acid is silent too..which is why I get the BB out of no where spontaneous. But basically right now I have to watch what I eat every single spoonful...every meal.

If I eat too much it causes reflux, but mostly I have to refrain from grease, milk, spicy, orange juice, soda. they all cause me to feel the acid come up. Sometimes I think the way my food goes down is just off. even drinking too much water brings up acid in me. so thats pretty much it...I got to get more aloe vera juice from the store I want to try that again. good luck buddy! & go get u a prescription for the nexium. Its pretty expensive but the company helps pay if u qualify.
mike987
Super Angel

Post by mike987 »

Hm.. What else could these single 'hiccups' be? Is it stomach related??

I dont' think any digestion related medicines ever did a thing for me, including enzyme supplements.. Ughh....

My breathe has been really bad today.. The range might not be so bad, but rather than the typical fart smell, today it was one of those diarrhea poop days.. I caught it a few times wafting back, and could even sense it on myself without a direct backdraft. ... Whivh makes me feel like giving up.. My diet has been nothing but lots of vegetables, brown rice, plain probiotic yogurt, and small amounts of cheese, for the last 3 or so months. What the ***k? This is straight up poop breath. I don't deserve this... And I'm pretty sure that when I worked up a sweat now, my BB smell either exudes form my body, or comes out easily through simple breathing.

I was thinking.. Has anyone gorged on something like wasabi? Eat a tube of wasabi a day, or maybe eat nothing but pickles? I feel like it would have a positive effect on breath.
thissux
Advanced

Post by thissux »

Hi and thank you so much for your response regarding the Nexium. I have been on Prilosec (the generic version) for about six months. I still reflux. As you mentioned that you have the silent type like I do, it gives me hope to hear of your success with the Nexium. We can buy that OTC right? Or are you on a prescription grade of Nexium? My reflux symptoms seem to run rampant. One that I note is a sensation of bubbles coming up in the back of my throat...almost like soda bubbles or ginger ale. Have you had this? I also have gastritis. I have lost much due to bb. Yes, my tongue has a thick nasty coating on it. My breath can fill a room I believe and can be smelled from yards away. I am unsure what to eat. I would love to chat with you on this if we could as it seems I may have the same problem. I was told of your success by hali_gurl I believe and feel inspired. This all started around November of last year. I was working so hard and quite stressed and bam. Things were looking great and this hit me. ENT doc put a scope down my nose and said LPR reflux. As the omneprazole (Prilosec) has not seemed to have much impact....I was wondering if it could be bile reflux. I may just switch to Nexium this week. I do not have insurance so this is a tough time. Did/does your bb come out of the nose as well? I also get the acid in my mouth, sometimes my ears and eyes and nose burn from it. What foods can you eat? That has become very confusing to me as well......don't eat this or don't eat that.....then what do I eat? I got skinny at first because I was afraid to eat anything. I just got activated charcoal in the mail and I am taking that. I also found that drinking baking soda helped to some degree at times. Would love to talk to you more about this, hope you are still doing great and any tips are welcome. So is it over the counter Nexium? How long have you had the problem?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic