Your Email Address:

First Name:

So this is what being cured feels like

Everything related with bad breath can be found here. Everything about products, research, news about bad breath......
StayStrong

Post by StayStrong »

thissux wrote:@Higher Thoughts - I am the same way as you describe. Food actually comes back up at times and can see it on my tongue. PND - I can feel this in the back of my throat and sense this is where a majority of the odor is coming from. I do not have insurance either but I am trying to get coverage. I take anit reflux meds like Nexium and Prilosec but do not have anyone that will tell me if it has reduced the odor in any way. My mom does not talk openly with me about this. She knows I am very upset about it. I also have a bottle of organic apple cider vinegar in the fridge but do not think I can take that and the anti reflux meds together. Not sure what to do. Mine used to be occasional and now is room filling chaos. I always had occasional I think - at least for a long time since age 19 or so. Maybe younger.
Look into Zenkers diverticulum
x

thissux
Advanced

Post by thissux »

Hi Stay Strong! Thanks for the info....would this condition also cause foul stools and problems further down in the digestive tract? Thanks so much!
FedUp
God

Post by FedUp »

how's it going for you? You still cured? any updates
ThisSucks
Junior

Post by ThisSucks »

I am another ThisSucks lol.
Anyways, yes I am still cured, but I wanna make sure it's not temporary. So I am waiting 3 more weeks (1 week ago I stopped using the three pills). After I am cured for 1 full month I will tell you more.
Jimi Stein
Site Admin
United States of America

Post by Jimi Stein »

higher thoughts

maybe it is just temporarily because of antibiotics

please update us in month or two

sorry
coconuthead
Advanced

Post by coconuthead »

ThisSucks, this is very nformative. Thankyou

I would love to get an Endoscopy, but I have health insurance. I just woke up from a nap and logged on and read your post, and I rubbed my finger on the back of my tongue and, goodness, my finger smells like feces. I don't think I have acid reflux. I don't experience any of the symptoms.
Source

Post by Source »

Hey ThisSucks!

How bad was your Endoscopy? I have one scheduled for the 10th of this month.

Also, before your treatment and success, did you ever notice a change in the taste and smell of water a couple of minutes after taking a sip of it?
ThisSucks
Junior

Post by ThisSucks »

coconuthead wrote:ThisSucks, this is very nformative. Thankyou

I would love to get an Endoscopy, but I have health insurance. I just woke up from a nap and logged on and read your post, and I rubbed my finger on the back of my tongue and, goodness, my finger smells like feces. I don't think I have acid reflux. I don't experience any of the symptoms.
Do you have easy bowel movements and flatulance? If not then you probably don't have it.
And yours is a feces smell? Mine was a old cheese smell (Like rotten cheese from1878).
Source wrote:Hey ThisSucks!

How bad was your Endoscopy? I have one scheduled for the 10th of this month.

Also, before your treatment and success, did you ever notice a change in the taste and smell of water a couple of minutes after taking a sip of it?

Don't make me tell you how endoscopy was lol, I don't wanna scare you off. Some people have no problem with it, but others like me do. But now I think back, it wasn't that bad. You just feel major discomfort. And I think it was that gag reflex and burping every 3 seconds that annoyed me.

But other than that it wasn't that bad (Took only 5 minutes).

And water always tasted the same for me. Before and after the endoscopy.
Source

Post by Source »

AHHH Too late, I'm already scared lol.

Was it really that bad? Were you put under conscious sedation?

Also, what exactly was your endoscopy for? H. pylori?

I thought that could be determined with a stool or a blood test.
ThisSucks
Junior

Post by ThisSucks »

Nah don't be scared lol. Only the first minute you will feel discomfort because you are not used to it. But after he enters the stomach it will be a piece of cake. The only bad thing about an Endoscopy is the gag reflex. I hate that feeling.

I didn't have anybody with me so I couldn't be sedated. And I think it's not worth it for just 4 minutes.

And yes my endoscopy was for H.Pylori. It could've been determined by a stool or blood test, but It's not as accurate as an endoscopy. And If I didn't have H.Pylori I still would want to know what is wrong with my stomach, so having a look in my stomach was the best choice.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

Don't be scared, it's enjoyable and quite amazing to feel all the sensations you are used to inside your stomach being made artificially by this procedure. I opted not to have sedation too, and I enjoyed it. You don't feel any pain at all or discomfort past your throat.

If you are worried about the gag reflex, then mention it to the nurses and maybe they can numb your throat a bit more than normal with the anaesthetic spray.

If this is only to test for h. pylori, then you should have a blood test first. A negative blood test is a 100% accurate way of knowing you do not have HP, and you absolutely would not need this endoscopy. If your blood test is positive and you still suspect HP then there's far less intrusive ways that are just as accurate as an endoscopic biopsy could ever be.

Endoscopic examination will look for all kinds of issues, so as far as trying to deal with BB goes, it's very worthwhile.
Source

Post by Source »

Good to know it's not so terrible.

My Hep C. doctor ordered an endoscopy for me mainly because I told her of my concern about H. Pylori (I freaking love this doctor, she's so attentive to my concerns and basically did everything I asked of her, plus some of her own suggestions and referrals!).

I think she also wanted to look at my stomach for Hep C. reasons, so why not kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Halitosisux, would you happen to know what it is indicative of if I take a sip of water from my glass and the water's taste and smell change after a few minutes?

When I brush my teeth, I know they're in good condition, and so are my gums. But when I brush my tongue at the end, especially near the back of my tongue, the smell is very potent.

I've found a lot of relief from Chlorhexidine mouthwash and a nasal spray for nasal decongestant and allergies.
halitosisux

Post by halitosisux »

If you mean the water that remains in the glass, then I can only guess it's VSCs from your lips transferring to the water?

It's interesting though - does it smell anything like the smell on the back of your tongue?
tamacun

Post by tamacun »

Jimi wrote:higher thoughts

maybe it is just temporarily because of antibiotics

please update us in month or two

sorry
That's totally right
coconuthead
Advanced

Post by coconuthead »

ThisSucks, I curious. How has life been treating you since you have found the cure? Are you going out more and enjoying yourself?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic